Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Do you support Socialism?
Yes 36 55.38%
No 29 44.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#191
Old 11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Sin City
la mala vida
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 29,756
Rep Power: 125 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 444,453,571.95
Bank: 58,356,097,645.20
Total Points: 58,800,551,217.15
For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli 
Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora 
To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* No Message - lanigav 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Tycoon View Post
Sorry...this sounds like the Tobacco lobbyists who fund research organizations that conclude that there is no link between cancer and smoking cigarettes.

I've almost read the entire thing and still no actual retort other then "Most experts conclude there is no link between student aid and tuition going up". I guess if you keep saying it enough times...it will make it true.

All one needs is to use is observation. If you pump more money into the system...prices go up because money is soo easily available, therefore less worth. If you make higher education more easily accessible through Fed grants and guaranteed loans...universities respond by hiking up tuition. 1) because of inflation and 2) because they can. If you're gonna give them more 'students' to teach, they're gonna give you (and the students themselves later on) a higher price to pay for that service, so they can pay their professors and staff more money for teaching bigger classrooms of students.

What you're also doing is devaluing the degree itself. That articles says that "63 percent of U.S. jobs will require some form of postsecondary education". Of course they will but why is that? It's because of the Govt. A 'free" high School diploma is now almost worthless. Bachelor degrees will follow suit.

Pretty soon you're gonna have to go to school an additional 10 to 15 years...just to stand out from the rest of the crowd and get paid for a job that you could've gotten with a High School diploma... decades ago.

1_Cap over and out.
you still haven't provided any proof of this. there's a general consensus that what you say is not true. it's not like it's coming from a single source. nice try though..
Reply With Quote
Sin City is offline
#192
Old 11-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Sin City
la mala vida
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 29,756
Rep Power: 125 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 444,453,571.95
Bank: 58,356,097,645.20
Total Points: 58,800,551,217.15
For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli 
Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora 
To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* No Message - lanigav 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
Sorry, I am not in the business of reading, or listening to pundits from any side. My opinions are my own. I base them on my own reasoning skills. I know its hard for someone who relies on talking points to comprehend, but formulating your own positions on complex issues is indeed possible!
providing actual facts to back up statements is indeed possible as well..
well for anyone but you at least. you don't seem to understand the notion.
Reply With Quote
Sin City is offline
#193
Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,940
Rep Power: 45 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,403,792,189.88
Bank: 464,957,567,278.80
Total Points: 528,361,359,468.67
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
providing actual facts to back up statements is indeed possible as well..
well for anyone but you at least. you don't seem to understand the notion.
When you can find "facts" the point in either direction, its fairly pointless. If you don't like my opinion, explain how my logic is wrong. Don't just be like NUHHHUHHHHHH!!!! YOU WRONNGGGGG WHERE YOUR FACTTTTSSSS YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE APA CITATION IN YOUR POSTS OR YOU IS WRONGGGGSSSS!!!!!.
Reply With Quote
!! Shawn is offline
#194
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Industrial Drive
Posts: 1,667
Rep Power: 13 One_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,000,149,846,002.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,846,002.97
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze ATG poster - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
you still haven't provided any proof of this. there's a general consensus that what you say is not true. it's not like it's coming from a single source. nice try though..
What proof? What to you qualifies as proof. Are you even capable of engaging me on this on your own...or do you just post source about stuff you don't nothing about.

Most of you liberals have this 'indifference curve' graph fetish, where everything has to be pointed out to you on a graph. Sorry I don't have this.

Just pointing out to you the laws of economics using deductive logic. if you can't connect the dots...don't bother. Your articles were not proof. It was a blog, with the writer posting some 'studies' conducted by Government bureaucrats. Well in my book a killer or thief cannot investigate himself and then say, "there is no link between the killing and the killer".
Reply With Quote
One_Businessman is offline
#195
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Industrial Drive
Posts: 1,667
Rep Power: 13 One_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,000,149,846,002.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,846,002.97
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze ATG poster - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
providing actual facts to back up statements is indeed possible as well..
well for anyone but you at least. you don't seem to understand the notion.
You didn't provide any facts. Your source did not explain themselves.

They simply pointed out to some Govt. 'studies' and supposedly those studies say "that there is no link" without properly explaining how they arrived to that conclusion. And I guess we're supposed to take it at face value because a quote "expert" said so.

Sorry...some of us are a little more independent minded then that.
Reply With Quote
One_Businessman is offline
#196
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 39,195
Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,061,908.65
Bank: 2.15
Total Points: 2,140,326,061,910.80
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Tycoon View Post
You didn't provide any facts. Your source did not explain themselves.

They simply pointed out to some Govt. 'studies' and supposedly those studies say "that there is no link" without properly explaining how they arrived to that conclusion. And I guess we're supposed to take it at face value because a quote "expert" said so.

Sorry...some of us are a little more independent minded then that.
The thing about studies is that you have to read them to find out how they arrived at their conclusions. Simply dismissing them because you don't like the conclusion is not the same as reading them and finding out how they arrived there.
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#197
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
mokmokv2
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 0 mokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,010,458.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,010,458.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
The US does not exercise spending restraint. Just because they are wasting money on draconian criminal justice and on expensive wars and an absurd military instead of spending it on their citizens doesn't make them an "austerity" government.
What the... Sir sometimes I'm just wondering if you're really pretending to be ignorant just to get a good laugh. The freaking data is staring you right in the face and yet you choose to ignore it.

Dude AUSTERITY is staring your country right in the face. It's called FISCAL CLIFF. The cosmetic cuts and corrections your government "might" do is but a precursor.
Reply With Quote
mokmokv2 is offline
#198
Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Since 1985
Since 1895
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Inglewood, CA
Age: 29
Posts: 5,177
Rep Power: 16 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,027,921,200,509.37
Bank: 6,423,441,928.33
Total Points: 1,034,344,642,437.70
Happy birthday - DonMega The Cardinals Are the Dodgers Daddies, Like I said before. But it takes guts to admit your teams flaws. You earned my respect. Medal to a great poster. - BrushMyHair 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
No.

I believe that people have a basic right to their own prosperity.
So socialism eliminates personal prosperity?
Reply With Quote
Since 1985 is offline
#199
Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 AM
mokmokv2
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 0 mokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond reputemokmokv2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,010,458.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,010,458.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1985 View Post
So socialism eliminates personal prosperity?
It makes the citizen DEPENDENT upon the state for personal prosperity.
Reply With Quote
mokmokv2 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
socialism?, support

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.