Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,057,064,005,312.28
Total Points: 12,067,064,095,001.22
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Demarco is the champ and he has every right not to go through with the fight if Broner does not make weight. He probably won't do that because he wants to get paid after a hard training camp. If HBO does not like it I am sure Showtime will welcome him. Corrales refused to fight Castillo when he failed to make weight for their 3rd fight and nothing bad happened to Corrales because of refusing to fight. As others have said Broner will make weight for sure.Broner did not care last fight because he knew he was leaving 130 anyway.He wants to be the lightweight champ and he was 139 a few days ago.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 PM
sicko
Floyd's Semen Collector

Rep Power: 21 sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,002,213,101.28
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

I don't think it will happen but if it does then...yeah you still fight especially if they are going to double your pay and you get to keep your title win, lose or draw

I think some people kinda don't want to see this fight go on because deep down they have no confidence in DeMarco beating Broner and they don't want Broner fans to talk trash if he wins

Last edited by sicko; 11-14-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 PM
DONDIisBack
Red Welterweight Champion

Rep Power: 0 DONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these partsDONDIisBack is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,081,782,372.95
Total Points: 2,601,081,850,094.70
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - IdNod4u2 
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Go through with the fight? Knowing that it would be an advantage to your opponent which could lead to a loss on your record? This could affect your career and future earnings.

For me it's the principle of coming in on weight. It's your job to come in on weight.

I wouldn't go through with the fight and Let Broner and his handlers deal with the consequences of his actions.

Personally i work a job where i have to come in on time and put in work just like every person on this site. What makes it any different for Broner? We all know if someone doesn't do their job they get fired. DO YOUR JOB BRONER!
All he has to do is make a 10 million dollar a lb for over stipulation or demand
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Dudley
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Dudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond reputeDudley has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,574.55
Total Points: 110,121,286.17

Yeah allot of people are pretty straight up when it comes to the reality of what the fight means to HBO and Demarco`s career. It just would be a real disrespect to the sport if Broner comes in over the limit. I equate it to cheating and regardless if it`s a blow out or not when he fought Escobedo, i still put an asterisk * on that fight. Cutting to your proper weight is part of the match. with guys that have to cut muscle mass it`s allot harder for them if they are over the limit and it only makes it fair because the other cut down as far as he could to make the limit also. the last 2 lbs does make a difference especially when it comes to stamina. I just think it would be a real bi.t.c.h move by Broner. I have him in my sig but he`s gotta show respect for the game IMO. Allot of people who are ATG and HOF have done it before him, why the f.u.c.k is he so special? I could care less what he says and how he act before during or after the fight but when he steps on that scale and he's in the ring, be a professional and handle your business. Just my thoughts. Allot truth on this thread though, the cold truth.

Hope it's a good/fair one.