Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 cotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,173,332.06

Best focus mitts?

Aside from Winning(way overpriced, they cost as much as the gloves) I've read great reviews for the Title Platinum Punching mitts, any other good ones?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 494,576,910.26
Total Points: 1,494,655,068.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
Best focus mitts?

Aside from Winning(way overpriced, they cost as much as the gloves) I've read great reviews for the Title Platinum Punching mitts, any other good ones?
I did a couple reviews on the ones I have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hk6p7VLRX0&feature=plcp

Hopefully this helps a little for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM
cotto#1p4p
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 cotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond reputecotto#1p4p has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,173,332.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejd View Post
I did a couple reviews on the ones I have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hk6p7VLRX0&feature=plcp

Hopefully this helps a little for you.
Thanks, I think I'm going with the Title Platinum since everyone gives them great reviews.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 494,576,910.26
Total Points: 1,494,655,068.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
Thanks, I think I'm going with the Title Platinum since everyone gives them great reviews.
Anytime, man. They're solid mitts. I've been using the incrediBall mitts constantly, but I remember having to use the platinums, since I'd forgot to bring them with me, and the platinums actually felt just as light, if not lighter than, the incrediBall mitts. The material on the platinums will go a long way.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Dee84cali
Amateur

Total Points: 3,865.27

Looking to buy the everlast safemax headgear.. Anybody have experience with this headgear? I have the Title fulface headgear but its to big...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 AM
morenoinc12
Amateur

Total Points: 166.76
Thumbs up Casanova boxing gloves

I'm currently importing Casanova Boxing Gloves from Mexico for sale in the USA. These are the original Casanova gloves, made of cow leather and latex foam, however they have all been made WITH attached thumbs, unlike the gloves sold from Mexico.
you can find the gloves at my ebay store (seller: morenoinc12), I'm unable to post the link here or you can email me for more info. juliemoreno@casanovabox.com
Old 12-28-2012, 06:03 AM
GR1
Amateur

Total Points: 145.99
Default Need advice to help buy a bag and gloves

Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me.

I'm a cyclist looking to add a punch bag to my little home-gym to help with upper body strength and add some more impact training into my scedule.

I'm only looking to box for 5/10 mins a week, have limited space and would need to hang a bag from the joists in my garage (ideally only hanging the bag when I'd like ot use it).

Being new to the kit I'm confused about the types and sizes of bags on offer, along with the different qualities in gloves.

My budget is c. 100.

I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me on a way forward.
Many thanks,
Gary.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
zrobmidziecko
Banned

Total Points: 890.05

of diary Andre ..
Let me tell a story .. which recently had a chance to survive .. affiliated with box .. ot

this work for you Merchant anecdote at the upcoming gala naked - salad .. the 23th avenue

jade jersey, my silver pontiac solstice, alloy 16.2 places the driver passenger bucket seats

and so on. (Aug kickin mill on .org, August is .. lol) Ok to shore .. together with Maks

Kellerman, Don Rafael, (boys at around 20mil changing positions on top of who's who on the

bottom). Elapses without an hour's drive slow in thought motto what motivates us just about

everything that is not about boxing. In the end I decided to break the mark monotony roar of

172 horsepower, mixed with sighs plays with each of my two old horses biological ..
-Gentlemen! -Determination in my voice was like a green light for the rapidly expanding

pupillary butter.
-I can not get enough! or be accompanied by you, we quickie life and end up on the nearest

tree, or whore you stop? now!
-Take shut up ass Mark Scoop Malinowsky - Dan replied, wrinkling his forehead, among

others.
-Oh .. ready .. One goat death - Eagerly Scoop groaned.
Indolent mental-Whore! - Don consciously grabbed the wheel, loose danger.
-What I meant you not spinal, but your IQ as **** do not embrace the metaphor topic .. even

if you are stuffed to the brim with smelly green pants in whom parading around the house,

pulling them just below the nipples exposing the limits of his miserable 8 cm, ( I read. org

and slipped those of the individual human being that inche .. If you had the equipment

funded Toma$ Adamczyk these weekly gastroscopy, even 24 hours a day commenting vanished not

be as rigid posture ramrod $ toma and even in the eyes the biggest psychofans on bokser.org

- gay site with gay editorials. .) and the goat shepherd is cycled before picking asbestos.
-Do-do-well drawled - Mark Scoop, praying in the spirit of the god-dollar by Max not heard

his shameful past ..
Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately Max heard .. Because his jaw dropped as Tom in 2 rd in

wroclaw .. however, I began to suspect drool ... Whether such practices are on the agenda in

the world of professional boxing? New light on this aspect of throwing a certain szpilberg,

sire, won by the shaft, pregnancy by anal .. and how things are going in mein events? About

this August when we will reach our destination .. But that's another story ... LoL ..

sincerely:
Dear Mr. Scoop Malinowsky
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 125,165,912,905,037.23
Total Points: 126,265,912,963,205.19
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1 View Post
Hi, i was wondering if someone could help me.

I'm a cyclist looking to add a punch bag to my little home-gym to help with upper body strength and add some more impact training into my scedule.

I'm only looking to box for 5/10 mins a week, have limited space and would need to hang a bag from the joists in my garage (ideally only hanging the bag when I'd like ot use it).

Being new to the kit I'm confused about the types and sizes of bags on offer, along with the different qualities in gloves.

My budget is c. 100.

I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me on a way forward.
Many thanks,
Gary.

This is a late, late, response, but I suppose my response may help others looking for something similar.

1) What kind of bag?

I've heard good things from Everlast, Lonsdale, and Title. These should last you several years. I'm a fairly small guy (135) and I train using a 100lb heavybag. I enjoy it staying stationary and not swiveling too much, so that I can make the most of the limited space in my garage. The lighter you go, the more movement it'll give you. This could be a good thing if you plan on working your feet and moving with the bag. These bags go for ~$100 USD.

2) Ways to hang the bag

You can attach it to a beam of your garage, but you should mind to reinforce the beam if it's a very heavy bag. I'd also make sure your rafters aren't cluttered with anything loose, because punching the bag often causes things to fall down from your garage. You should also pad the point you're hanging your bag on to reduce the rope/whatever you're using from having friction on the wood. Friction could cause the rope to snap or damage your beam over an extended amount of time.

You can either mount a pulley system (what I use, but it takes a trip to the hardware store) to be able to quickly put up or take down your bag or simply use the chain-locks which come with the bag.

3) Gloves

You typically want gloves which suit what you're aiming for. If you're a smaller person 100-135, I would suggest 12oz gloves. 14oz will probably suffice if you're any larger. May be 16oz if you're a heavyweight. You are always welcome to go higher in weight, but remember, you're likely trying to find a right balance of muscle and cardio when picking your gloves. Heavier gloves will tire your arms out sooner, while lighter gloves will likely have you panting much faster.

When looking for gloves, you'll find three kinds:

Fighting gloves/Sparring Gloves - These are meant for competitive bouts and are very padded in order to provide safety to opponents. These are usually much more expensive and you should note whether you plan on sparring before you buy these.

Bag Gloves - These are more lightly padded gloves which should give you more impact when striking the bag and it will feel somewhat less bulky. It may, however, provide less wrist support (from what I've used, anyway).

Training Gloves - These are a hybrid between the two and can be used in both fashions.

Each brand will have its own distinct quality. Some will feel softer, others will feel thinner, and some will feel thicker than others. The main thing you'll want to do is figure what you'll probably enjoy and go for it. It wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a cheap pair of $20 Everlast bag gloves, see what feeling you'd like to add/take away (since they only last a few months) and go from there.

4) Wraps

While this wasn't asked, I'd like to make a note on it anyway.

You should probably pick up hand/wrist wraps, which come in two different sizes. They come in 180 and 108, with the latter being shorter. These wrap around your knuckles and wrists and provide support while training. These are a good investment, as the joints in your wrist are easily damaged and can get tender after prolonged training. The difference in length will simply determine how much support you'll be getting, which will also determine how many layers you're wearing. More layers means more bulkiness, so it's up to you how padded you want your hands to be.

I'm only an amateur boxer with a lot to learn, but I hope this helps anyone who's curious. Don't take my advice as an absolute truth, since I may have been a bit off here and there.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:36 PM
RVABoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 RVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,490,536.35
Total Points: 10,005,543,516.70
New green k thread pioneer - Trudoe 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

Just wondering what is so good about winning gloves I have used different gloves like Grant, Ringside IMF tech, regular ringside gloves, tuff gear for sparring and title sparring gloves and I have noticed the difference in these and some I like some i dont like but i cant imagine the Winning gloves being worth $300 or so. Can anyone give me info on these about what sets them apart, makes them worth the money and how durable they are