Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 24 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,726,298,649.15
Total Points: 275,062,670,931.06
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch~Fade View Post
Moreno definitely reminds me of Whitaker.

he's just a natural at what he does and looks like he's having fun. i'm going with a late stoppage following Mares looking like a fool every round.
Bold prediction, I just can't see Mares being stopped, outboxed yes, but not stopped.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
gingerbreadman
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 gingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,036,599.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Bold prediction, I just can't see Mares being stopped, outboxed yes, but not stopped.
I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility. Moreno fought a lot of very short fights at a very young age, and I also think that he's been deprived of a few could-have-been stoppages because of his style. The Moreno that fought De La Mora looked like he had decent pop on his shots. I see Moreno having the same sort of power as Ricky Burns; not enough to stop people regardless of whether they want to be or not, but enough to make them back down.

Having said all that, it's still very unlikely Moreno stops Mares.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
beast702
Contender

Total Points: 9,072.49

Cant wait for this one!! War Mares!!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,661,755,460,599,144.75
Total Points: 1,690,975,576,728,022.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadman View Post
I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility. Moreno fought a lot of very short fights at a very young age, and I also think that he's been deprived of a few could-have-been stoppages because of his style. The Moreno that fought De La Mora looked like he had decent pop on his shots. I see Moreno having the same sort of power as Ricky Burns; not enough to stop people regardless of whether they want to be or not, but enough to make them back down.

Having said all that, it's still very unlikely Moreno stops Mares.
Moreno's not a hard puncher but he definitely has some pop in his shots.

But like you said, I don't see a stoppage.

I think Mares is going to get frustrated when he can't find the target.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
SPREAD
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 SPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these partsSPREAD is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,034,689.03

This is Chavez vs Whitaker at a lower weight, I'll go Mares dude is greasy.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM
-DSG-
Matthysse will KO Garcia

Rep Power: 15 -DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 325,680,346,897.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
How could you call the winnner of the Batamweight tournament a Chump, LOL the Chump's the guy in your sig on his knees!
I don't give **** about you or the chumps from Mexico!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
gingerbreadman
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 gingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond reputegingerbreadman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Moreno's not a hard puncher but he definitely has some pop in his shots.

But like you said, I don't see a stoppage.

I think Mares is going to get frustrated when he can't find the target.
Agree. Mares has been saying all week that he's not going to get frustrated, but whether or not that happens is another thing entirely. We respect Mares rightly for the opp he's faced, but he's not faced someone as diificult to hit as Moreno in his entire pro career, and probably as an amateur too. Moreno UD12.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:06 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Agree. Mares has been saying all week that he's not going to get frustrated, but whether or not that happens is another thing entirely. We respect Mares rightly for the opp he's faced, but he's not faced someone as diificult to hit as Moreno in his entire pro career, and probably as an amateur too. Moreno UD12.
Agreed 100%.

Still, Mares knowing what he's up against worries me I was hoping he was underestimating him.

But that's the Moreno fan in me. The fight fan in me is happy both of these guys are going to be at their best.

Agreed on Moreno being the best fighter he's faced but you could also argue Mares is the best fighter Moreno has faced.

And just can't wait and I'm rooting for Moreno all the way. He's my second favourite active fighter and I think he has so much potential to have a HOF career. But we'll see.

He needs to get some better pictures though because I've been looking for one for a while now to sport as my display picture on here but I can't find one anywhere
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
gingerbreadman
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Agreed 100%.

Still, Mares knowing what he's up against worries me I was hoping he was underestimating him.

But that's the Moreno fan in me. The fight fan in me is happy both of these guys are going to be at their best.

Agreed on Moreno being the best fighter he's faced but you could also argue Mares is the best fighter Moreno has faced.

And just can't wait and I'm rooting for Moreno all the way. He's my second favourite active fighter and I think he has so much potential to have a HOF career. But we'll see.

He needs to get some better pictures though because I've been looking for one for a while now to sport as my display picture on here but I can't find one anywhere
You're right about Mares being Moreno's toughest opponent in his career, but IMO the pressure Mares brings is more similar to Darchinyan's pressure (although they're not by any means the same) than Moreno's slickness is to that of any of Mares' opposition.

And yes to needing better pictures of Moreno, the purple trunks/crown combo is DOPE.

Who's your favourite boxer if Moreno's #2? I got Froch.

Last edited by gingerbreadman; 11-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
You're right about Mares being Moreno's toughest opponent in his career, but IMO the pressure Mares brings is more similar to Darchinyan's pressure (although they're not by any means the same) than Moreno's slickness is to that of any of Mares' opposition.

And yes to needing better pictures of Moreno, the purple trunks/crown combo is DOPE.

Who's your favourite boxer if Moreno's #2? I got Froch.
Yeah, great points.

Moreno has faced a good, strong pressure fighter in Darchinyan but has Mares faced someone with the skills, defense and ring IQ of Moreno? Not yet.

And my favourite active fighter is Floyd Mayweather.

Yours is Froch? Or were you guessing mine was Froch?