Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
sdcluser
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 sdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,078,688,153.41
Total Points: 3,110,561,812.70
you need a gift. - I'm so sorry No Message - sdcluser Good Luck Sucker..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Stop lying Roy!!! You know the real number is not 3 but at least 13.

Holyfield awaits you.......

Ask Sulaiman to create a bell for Holyfield Vs. RJJ.....

PPV
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
jray100k
Contender

Rep Power: 3 jray100k will become famous soon enoughjray100k will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,547.56

Great decision RJ. Let's not clown around with Kimbo. Go after the belts. Whoever holding the CW title.....Team Jones is coming!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Brassangel
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Brassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 58,333.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckguy View Post
Yeah it's sad that a grown ass man make millions of dollars and be broke! He should have invested his loot right and retired after the tarver rematch then stuck with that good gig he has with HBO. What a dumbass Roy turned out to be
It's no different than someone working a low-skill, middle class job who lives paycheck to paycheck. There's no reason someone making $50,000 per year should ever struggle with money, but people always live beyond their means, buy on credit, think about saving later. Suddenly they are in their 60's and hoping Social Security will take care of them. Who do they blame? Rich people instead of looking in the mirror at themselves.

People with lots of money are often the same way, only it's magnified. More money means more spending, more risk, more to lose. Someone who is bad with money will be bad with money no matter how much they make. People claim they would live a "normal life" if they had millions, but they wouldn't. They would spend it. The reason is, you never think it's going to stop. You always tell yourself you'll get to saving later.

If you took every penny from every person and redistributed it evenly, the people who were rich before will be rich again. Most of the people who were poor before will be poor again.

Professional athletes drive multi-billion dollar industries that provide thousands of jobs and move the economy. That's why they get paid a lot; not because they are spoiled. They have a very rare skill set and they put their body at risk to the delight of millions of people all over the world. But their careers are also incredibly short. When you are 28, 30, 32, you don't feel much different than when you were 22. You always think you've still got it, and that it's never going to end. Should he have invested properly? Sure. Sounds easy enough. But maybe he put it in the incorrect mutual fund. Maybe his investors made a bad move. Maybe he spent a little recklessly and others took advantage of him. Maybe all of the above.

Just because we read in an article that Fighter A got $20 million for a fight doesn't mean Fighter A made anything close to that. After taxes, agent fees, gate fees, union dues, lawyers, accountants & financial adviser fees, family and friends leeching because they don't want to work for themselves, etc., he maybe only saw $2-3 million and that was probably in bonds or investitures. Then the broken and corrupt government will charge him Capital Gains on any of his investments anyway, so he really can't get anywhere when he's not used to having that much money.

As a young man in the prime of his career, do you really think it's easy to just sit patiently for it to grow and not spend it? He's traveling everywhere and getting all but worshiped and we chide him for spending between fights?

You would be no different. None of us would. We struggle with money not because of rich people, but because of secret taxes on the middle class like Cap and Trade raising the prices of our groceries, gas, and electricity; all the while living beyond our means.

Maybe it's money he's after, or maybe he just wants desperately to find a way to end on a high note. We can't always assume the worst.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
HughJass
420 Boxingscene

Rep Power: 63 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,478,820,842,673,608.00
Total Points: 23,278,820,843,518,232.00
Just learned gifts, long over-due, this is for your munchies! - RightJab Happy 4th to you too, bro! - jazluvr BS Bday! :fing02: - jose830 Happy B-Day! - Oasis_Lad Happy e-b-day man. Have fun finding your g-spot with that thing. - Fistic 
Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Have a beer filled with my semen - led* Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer as they dont sell reefers in the shop lol - chav For what the cunts will do on here. It will be like Inception and Matrix. We are Cunts! - Master Cvnt 
Welcome back my Ninja! - jose830 thanks man. - RightJab Thanks for the birthday pm homie it's greatly Appreciate it :beerchug: - jose830 lol - -jose- Haha munchies - Beercules 
hope you get well soon good friend - -jose- 5001 post son! - -jose- Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas best thread in lounge award - -jose- THANKS FOR THE STREAM DUDE - The Surgeon 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

i think roys great but i just hope he retires after and continues working for hbo
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 PM
tlarry
Banned

Rep Power: 0 tlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond reputetlarry has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,017,401.50
A strait troll - The Problem 
Default Nothing More Than Roy Padding His Bank Account Abroad!

Roy can't beat anyone credible.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
FightScorer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 FightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these partsFightScorer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 47,537.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassangel View Post
It's no different than someone working a low-skill, middle class job who lives paycheck to paycheck. There's no reason someone making $50,000 per year should ever struggle with money, but people always live beyond their means, buy on credit, think about saving later. Suddenly they are in their 60's and hoping Social Security will take care of them. Who do they blame? Rich people instead of looking in the mirror at themselves.

People with lots of money are often the same way, only it's magnified. More money means more spending, more risk, more to lose. Someone who is bad with money will be bad with money no matter how much they make. People claim they would live a "normal life" if they had millions, but they wouldn't. They would spend it. The reason is, you never think it's going to stop. You always tell yourself you'll get to saving later.

If you took every penny from every person and redistributed it evenly, the people who were rich before will be rich again. Most of the people who were poor before will be poor again.

Professional athletes drive multi-billion dollar industries that provide thousands of jobs and move the economy. That's why they get paid a lot; not because they are spoiled. They have a very rare skill set and they put their body at risk to the delight of millions of people all over the world. But their careers are also incredibly short. When you are 28, 30, 32, you don't feel much different than when you were 22. You always think you've still got it, and that it's never going to end. Should he have invested properly? Sure. Sounds easy enough. But maybe he put it in the incorrect mutual fund. Maybe his investors made a bad move. Maybe he spent a little recklessly and others took advantage of him. Maybe all of the above.

Just because we read in an article that Fighter A got $20 million for a fight doesn't mean Fighter A made anything close to that. After taxes, agent fees, gate fees, union dues, lawyers, accountants & financial adviser fees, family and friends leeching because they don't want to work for themselves, etc., he maybe only saw $2-3 million and that was probably in bonds or investitures. Then the broken and corrupt government will charge him Capital Gains on any of his investments anyway, so he really can't get anywhere when he's not used to having that much money.

As a young man in the prime of his career, do you really think it's easy to just sit patiently for it to grow and not spend it? He's traveling everywhere and getting all but worshiped and we chide him for spending between fights?

You would be no different. None of us would. We struggle with money not because of rich people, but because of secret taxes on the middle class like Cap and Trade raising the prices of our groceries, gas, and electricity; all the while living beyond our means.

Maybe it's money he's after, or maybe he just wants desperately to find a way to end on a high note. We can't always assume the worst.
Great post, but I have to disagree.

Let me just bring out one example. Lennox Lewis.
The reason I use Lennox Lewis is because he like so many American champions also grew up in provety and in gang affiliated areas. Instead of wasting millions and adopting a thug culture of bling blings and wasteful habits, Lennox saved up and is now currently worth 156 million dollars.

I get what you are saying, but it also clearly and I mean clearly illustrates the difference in will power and intelligence between Lennox and say a Mike Tyson or Holyfield.

Lewis not only proved to be the better ATG but the smarter individual in terms of life and all aspects of it. Why is that?

Now back on topic to Roy Jones. Of course he's not broke, I think Morons will use that excuse to bash him. I really feel like he is just too much addicited to the sport to quit.

Holyfield on the other hand is broke.

We get to the 2nd part of this discussion now and I like to point out education have a lot to do with this.

Why is it that the vast majority of European Soccer Stars are able to hold on to their moneys as compare to the American NBA Stars, Boxers, and NFL Players?

Growing up in a educated household is essential. The guy who went to college for 4 years, than on to graduate school for another 4 have a less chance of being broke if given 10 million than the guy who grew up in a improvished area.

This is once again why I will give Lennox more praise than the Kbros in terms of behavior and life aspects, not because the Kbros are less intelligence or less well behaved, but because the Kbros grew up in an enviroment that taught them the morals of life in which Lennox was never taught. Yet somehow Lennox still managed to rise above the low standards of Tyson,Holyfield and Bowe.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 AM
JRGREEN30000
Amateur

Total Points: 171.15
Default Gucci mane vs roy jones jr!!!!!

ROY JONES JR SHOULD FIGHT GUCCI MANE!!like 2 days ago gucci mane called out any rappper to a boxing match! well jones is a rapper n happens to be a real boxer haha gucci mane is so wack..
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 PM
jray100k
Contender

Rep Power: 3 jray100k will become famous soon enoughjray100k will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 2,547.56

Roy could get a rematch against Lebedev for the WBA belt or rematch Danny Green for the IBO belt if he gets past Cameron. Maybe even face Cameron if he upsets Danny Green.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,117,814.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightScorer View Post
Great post, but I have to disagree.

Let me just bring out one example. Lennox Lewis.
The reason I use Lennox Lewis is because he like so many American champions also grew up in provety and in gang affiliated areas. Instead of wasting millions and adopting a thug culture of bling blings and wasteful habits, Lennox saved up and is now currently worth 156 million dollars.

I get what you are saying, but it also clearly and I mean clearly illustrates the difference in will power and intelligence between Lennox and say a Mike Tyson or Holyfield.

Lewis not only proved to be the better ATG but the smarter individual in terms of life and all aspects of it. Why is that?

Now back on topic to Roy Jones. Of course he's not broke, I think Morons will use that excuse to bash him. I really feel like he is just too much addicited to the sport to quit.

Holyfield on the other hand is broke.

We get to the 2nd part of this discussion now and I like to point out education have a lot to do with this.

Why is it that the vast majority of European Soccer Stars are able to hold on to their moneys as compare to the American NBA Stars, Boxers, and NFL Players?

Growing up in a educated household is essential. The guy who went to college for 4 years, than on to graduate school for another 4 have a less chance of being broke if given 10 million than the guy who grew up in a improvished area.

This is once again why I will give Lennox more praise than the Kbros in terms of behavior and life aspects, not because the Kbros are less intelligence or less well behaved, but because the Kbros grew up in an enviroment that taught them the morals of life in which Lennox was never taught. Yet somehow Lennox still managed to rise above the low standards of Tyson,Holyfield and Bowe.

lennox didnt grow up in america you stupid noob
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM
LeG00N
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond reputeLeG00N has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,827,028,551,987,974.00
Total Points: 11,835,193,552,023,966.00
for your 15,000 post - jose830 Thank you for the random donation, you are like Robin Hood - Jadon Happppppppppppy Happpppppppppppy :kiss: - Bossy The point giver extraordinaire - chav can't green you atm, but amazing post bro. - chiguy91 
gracias homie - Cleto_Reyes ........... - BostonGuy Team Maniac - Bossy For Being an Epic Poster!! - mathed thx m8 - I'm so sorry 
WARQUEZ ! - BulgariasFinest ATG poster. Thanks alot, bro. - BulgariasFinest That sig is dope. You're getting better. - Terrel Merry Christmas ! - BulgariasFinest Can't hate on that gesture. Thank you. - CubanGuyNYC 
lol thx - thuggery ATG. A toast to Bradley going to sleep. - WARQUEZ thanks for the donation ese - hectari thanks for 1 trillion points donation - QuebecSTAR2 thanks for the 3 trillions points donation boss - QuebecSTAR2 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - thuggery 

Kimbo actually had a chance