Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is HBO boxing superior than Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime is great, they have more competitive fights. I feel like HBO is often used as a platform to showcase young up and coming fighters. A consequence of this is that they have too many mismatches in order to build hype for a fighter. I don't know if HBO is responsible, but I feel like they have a say in what is presented on their network. Their has been so many pathetic HBO presentations, in this regard, and so I feel like Showtime tends to put more competitive fights together. I feel like Showtime is more willing to give main event slots to lesser known fighters or fighters in the lower weights. Plus, Al Bernstein is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      Showtime is great, they have more competitive fights. I feel like HBO is often used as a platform to showcase young up and coming fighters. A consequence of this is that they have too many mismatches in order to build hype for a fighter. I don't know if HBO is responsible, but I feel like they have a say in what is presented on their network. Their has been so many pathetic HBO presentations, in this regard, and so I feel like Showtime tends to put more competitive fights together. I feel like Showtime is more willing to give main event slots to lesser known fighters or fighters in the lower weights. Plus, Al Bernstein is great.
      This. I don't give a shit about aesthetics when it comes to boxing. It's all about the fighters and the match-ups. You can put a guy like Matthysse on HBO/Showtime/NBC/ESPN and I'll make sure to tune in.

Comment

Working...
      X