Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Where does Floyd rank in the top 50 ATGs?
He earned a spot in the top 10 at #10 13 20.63%
Just outside the top 10, probably 11-20 8 12.70%
Around 21-30 9 14.29%
I'd put him between 31-39 8 12.70%
Maybe 40-49 9 14.29%
He barely makes it at #50 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 43 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,922,461.43
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
his best win is diego corrales. someone who probably wont make the hall of fame. What's his second and third best wins?

Ricky Hatton at 147? Past prime oscar at 154? late 30s shane who was off for a year and a half yet managed to almost KHTFO? Castillo who beat him the first time?

he has yet TO FACE a LEGIT PRIME HALL OF FAMER.

How much is that greatness worth in ATG rankings?
Yeah that Shane. The one who Manny said he'd only fight at a CW at the time, but than turned around and fought him anyway a year later when he was coming off a loss and a draw. That one. The one that EVERYONE was saying Floyd should fight at that time. Yeah, that one. And it wasn't exactly Floyd's fault that fights with Wright and Mosley didn't happen in 05-06.

I'm willing to bet Corrales or Castillo get into the HOF. Castillo is the best LW of his era and has wins over Johnston/Bazan/Casamayor/J. Diaz/Corrales/Lazcano. Corrales got wins over R. Garcia/Manfredy/Gainer/Freitas/Casamayor/Castillo, and won titles in 2 weight classes as well.

I mean Kostya Tszyu got in on his first ballot with his resume, and Castillo/Corrales resumes really aren't much different from Tszyu's.

And yeah that same past prime Oscar at 154 where Floyd went up in weight to fight him, gave Oscar every advantage, and a fight everyone wanted to see at the time. The same past prime Oscar that Manny fought a year and a half later at a weight he hadn't been to in 8-9 years.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 47 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,806,866,322,475,168.00
Total Points: 55,917,866,322,505,792.00
Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 
No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery 
No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

If he beat sergio at middlweight he'd be greater than manny no argument at all could logically deny that but thats if.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
B-Bomber
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 B-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,997.48

I am not sure about the correct ranking, in historical terms.

If we include all weight categories, in a p4p-like ranking, there are simply too many possibly great fighters that I, and most people I presume, never heard about.

That said, as a boxing fan I really like Floyd's style, he is terribly skilled. He knows what boxing is about, which is a rare enough quality nowadays.

I could say that he doesn't only rely on speed and wild punches, but then many people here wouldn't appreciate the humor.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:59 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 43 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
If he beat sergio at middlweight he'd be greater than manny no argument at all could logically deny that but thats if.
I really think he could do it without beating Sergio.

Say he beats Manny and than retires, he'd move ahead of Manny clearly in my opinion. But if Manny beats Marquez and Rios, than retires. And than if Floyd beats a Berto/Guerrero coming off some good wins, an Alvare coming off a good win or two, and maybe even a Garcia coming off some good wins later on, he'd move ahead of Manny. It's really that close.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM
The Tase
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,910,687,908,228.25
Total Points: 1,910,689,004,112.09
i remember this mofo &quot;rif raf&quot; from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Yeah that Shane. The one who Manny said he'd only fight at a CW at the time, but than turned around and fought him anyway a year later when he was coming off a loss and a draw. That one. The one that EVERYONE was saying Floyd should fight at that time. Yeah, that one. And it wasn't exactly Floyd's fault that fights with Wright and Mosley didn't happen in 05-06.

I'm willing to bet Corrales or Castillo get into the HOF. Castillo is the best LW of his era and has wins over Johnston/Bazan/Casamayor/J. Diaz/Corrales/Lazcano. Corrales got wins over R. Garcia/Manfredy/Gainer/Freitas/Casamayor/Castillo, and won titles in 2 weight classes as well.

I mean Kostya Tszyu got in on his first ballot with his resume, and Castillo/Corrales resumes really aren't much different from Tszyu's.

And yeah that same past prime Oscar at 154 where Floyd went up in weight to fight him, gave Oscar every advantage, and a fight everyone wanted to see at the time. The same past prime Oscar that Manny fought a year and a half later at a weight he hadn't been to in 8-9 years.
is shane manny's best win? is shane even in the top 5? pac beating shane is just the cherry on top. This is in regards to floyd and his resume. Pac doesnt need the shane win. its absolutely inconsequential to his resume. Same thing with the oscar fight.

Again this is a thread about floyd. Stay on point.

As for castillo and corrales. They are not bona fide legit hall of famers.

I highly doubt castillo gets in and corrales either although his tragic ending might garner sympathy votes.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Fetta
nob cheese

Rep Power: 23 Fetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 471,521,325.93
Total Points: 521,596,701,222.49
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks couldnt green you so you get a medal instead - Rapid Counter you're in the green, have a burger and celebrate amigo - sugarsmosley 

I have him around 35-45 so yes he does.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,953,766,464,748.22
Total Points: 58,937,678,139,411.46
Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. 
You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov 
Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 Merry Christmas Barn - TBear 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjames616 View Post
Lmaooooo jump off a bridge with no bungy cord
Please read the full thread and find that I was indeed joking.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
is shane manny's best win? is shane even in the top 5? pac beating shane is just the cherry on top. This is in regards to floyd and his resume. Pac doesnt need the shane win. its absolutely inconsequential to his resume. Same thing with the oscar fight.

Again this is a thread about floyd. Stay on point.

As for castillo and corrales. They are not bona fide legit hall of famers.

I highly doubt castillo gets in and corrales either although his tragic ending might garner sympathy votes.
Manny's wins: Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, Solis, Diaz, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Bradley.

Floyd's wins: G. Hernandez, Manfredy, G. Vargas, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

There closer than you think, especially considering Morales going into his losses against Manny. It was a good win for Manny, and Morales is a great fighter, but he was coming off a pretty crappy loss to Raheem prior to losing to Manny.

Anyways, Floyd's won 8 titles in 5 weight classes, aside from him and Manny who seem to never want to fight each other at the same time, who could he have added that he didn't???

He was going to fight the Tszyu-Hatton winner in Late 05', but Tszyu lost. Floyd tried to fight Hatton later that year, to which Hatton and his team said they weren't ready. They fought when both were undefeated and Top 10 P4P anyway. Margarito, he could have added Margarito, and that would have been a good win, but how much was that going to really boost Floyd's resume??? Maybe 1-2 spots at the most. He tried to fight Wright and Mosley in 05-06, not Floyd's fault those didn't happen. Wright priced himself out clearly, and Mosley wasn't going to fight Floyd before his boss, Oscar De La Hoya. he couldn't say that publicly, so he came up with the tooth and vacation stuff.

Martinez, if Floyd were to fight him, it's a bonus. It's like Leonard fighting Hagler. Leonard didn't have to go up to 160, though Leonard's body is much bigger than Floyd's so he can naturally handle that weight better. Floyd's already been through 5 weight classes and started at 130, and people think he should be obligated to fight a Middleweight, regardless of the weight. That'll be a bonus that probably never happens. It doesn't really need to. Mayweather-Pacquiao is the one that needs to happen.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 319 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,533,681,796,896,722,944.00
Total Points: 24,534,171,909,980,790,784.00
Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 42k post medal! - Flabulous For good luck - jazluvr I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* 
Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- 
Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- Congrats on the Raiders homey! - Mike D congrats.on your first win - -jose- Merry Christmas -MAK - -jose- 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Look at this nuthugger...

Floyd doesn't exactly have a bunch of world beaters to his credit, but the names he has are good enough that with his ability, he should be top 50 IMO.

top 250 easy...his win over Bruselles put him above Jorge Paez
Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 PM
solo20
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 solo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 217,321,871,540.38
Total Points: 217,321,899,584.48

at least is not a troll bait thread like the other Pac crap thread i can vote in this one