Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 10-14-2012, 02:35 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,293,528.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM-2010 View Post
Oh plenty around here hate him, especially that creep who is into underaged gymnasts.
What's next is GSP wether he likes it or not.
Yeah, if GSP can win his comeback fight, which he should. What happens if they can't make the fight happen though? GSP or Jones would seem to be the best opponents. I've also heard talk of Bisping getting a title shot and possibly the winner of Weidman/Boetsch, which happens December 29.

Ideally, IMO he should fight Jones and then a couple more title defenses and call it a career, what do you think?

Last edited by Anthony342; 10-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 82 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 181,072,900,063,495.00
Total Points: 181,072,900,066,817.59
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

What I saw was an Anderson Silva who looked old.

Yeah, I meant that. He couldn't even get out of the way of the punches.

An Anderson Silva knockout was a foregone conclusion from the moment the fight was signed. I respect him, but fighters age, and his reflexes are noticeably going. He'll still KO almost anyone out there.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,156,141,769.55
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
What I saw was an Anderson Silva who looked old.

Yeah, I meant that. He couldn't even get out of the way of the punches.

An Anderson Silva knockout was a foregone conclusion from the moment the fight was signed. I respect him, but fighters age, and his reflexes are noticeably going. He'll still KO almost anyone out there.

As for the punches, he was with his back against the fence so he didn't have the chance to Forrest or Okami(which was only a little over a year ago) him. I think Silva is aging very slowly and the best one ever at his age with no help from TRT. Good thing he took care himself his whole career. Not many injuries or bad beatings.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 82 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM-2010 View Post

As for the punches, he was with his back against the fence so he didn't have the chance to Forrest or Okami(which was only a little over a year ago) him. I think Silva is aging very slowly and the best one ever at his age with no help from TRT. Good thing he took care himself his whole career. Not many injuries or bad beatings.
I agree with you here. (Maybe the first time that's ever happened .) I read the result before I watched the fight, but even knowing the result, when I watched it I wanted to yell at Silva to get the hell off the fence. The main reason he was being struck was because his back was against the cage. But, it is potentially a sign that he doesn't move around as well is he use to, that he would sit on the cage. I suppose that more likely, it was a tactic to set Steve Boner up for his own shots, which is an A. Silva tactic (he also used himself as bait when he fought Okami. Of course, it is not an unheard of tactic in boxing, etc. either.)
Old 10-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Dorian
The P4P King

Rep Power: 158 Dorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond reputeDorian has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 96,281,188,799,537.02
Total Points: 96,281,188,916,872.91
I see you, D! - Ether Buy yourself a new life - -Kev- Money May AllDay, VIP4LIFE. Enjoy the fight. - CRASH DUMMY a true p4p. - Ether Read the message in the ribbon I just sent you - -Kev- 
Protect yourself at all times - -Kev- Im holdin on your rope Got me ten feet off the ground - -Kev- give them all the fight they want. - Ether Feliz Navidad Red k sent - El Mustang All in on Dorian. - Ether 
Happy holidays bro! - led Happy holidays to you too meooooow! ;) - *Boss Lady* Kitties like fishies, meow :) - *Boss Lady* Happy birthday, bud - Sweet Pea 50 Happy Birfffday :D x - *Boss Lady* 
happy bday bro, was gone yesterday - Ether Happy Easter :kiss: Meooooooooooow! - Bossy Nice gifs! - komodo fratele meu din alta mama - Alx. Censor fail - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - kswizzy99 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 

I really want to see him vs GSP at a catch weight. I want to see him knock out the french-canadian blanket so bad!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

LOL, french canadian blanket. Yeah, I think someone here even had a GSP avatar with a blanket, which I always thought was hilarious. He'd never make near as much in Pride, with all the yellow cards he'd get for stalling. I respect his great skill though.

So did Silva spend pretty much the whole round against the cage? If he did, that's almost like an aging boxer spending a lot of rounds against the ropes, like maybe Duran in his '40s sometimes or an older Larry Holmes. Silva doesn't look to have slowed much though, at least not yet. I think he'll get out before his skills decline too much, so we're not left with a hurt legacy towards the end, like with Chuck Liddell. But we still remember the greats at their best anyway, but it can hurt someone's legacy for years. But, as time goes on, we still remember these guys at their best. Hopefully, if Holyfield stays away from boxing, people will start to just remember his heavyweight title fights and great wins and not the tail end of his career. Or now most people remember Ali against guys like Frazier, Liston and Foreman, rather than Holmes and Berbick. We mostly remember Liddell now for his fights with guys like Couture, Ortiz, maybe the Babalu head kick knockout. I don't think Silva will get to that point, thankfully.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 AM
elgranluchadore
i did it

Rep Power: 8 elgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,362,038,159.79
Total Points: 150,021,862,082,899.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Damn really? And I would think Herman would be the favorite going into that fight? Big Nog is considered mostly a gatekeeper these days. Maybe not, with another win or two. Guess he's got something left in the tank, even after all the wars he's fought.
nah man nog looked really bad, the worse ive seen
herman was acting all weird he was laughing the whole fight and sticking his arm in front of him like wlad does but without doing anything with it, and there were times he completely stopped moving and waited to get hit, his only offense were a couple of kicks and he was smiling after he got subbed
but nog took the fight on short notice so maybe that was it
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
LOL, french canadian blanket. Yeah, I think someone here even had a GSP avatar with a blanket, which I always thought was hilarious. He'd never make near as much in Pride, with all the yellow cards he'd get for stalling. I respect his great skill though.

So did Silva spend pretty much the whole round against the cage? If he did, that's almost like an aging boxer spending a lot of rounds against the ropes, like maybe Duran in his '40s sometimes or an older Larry Holmes. Silva doesn't look to have slowed much though, at least not yet. I think he'll get out before his skills decline too much, so we're not left with a hurt legacy towards the end, like with Chuck Liddell. But we still remember the greats at their best anyway, but it can hurt someone's legacy for years. But, as time goes on, we still remember these guys at their best. Hopefully, if Holyfield stays away from boxing, people will start to just remember his heavyweight title fights and great wins and not the tail end of his career. Or now most people remember Ali against guys like Frazier, Liston and Foreman, rather than Holmes and Berbick. We mostly remember Liddell now for his fights with guys like Couture, Ortiz, maybe the Babalu head kick knockout. I don't think Silva will get to that point, thankfully.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

There it is, classic. That's why, as great as GSP is, I'll always be a bigger fan of Matt Hughes among the all-time welterweights in the UFC. At least he tried to finish fights.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
7_rocket
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts7_rocket is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,205,641,264,190.08
Total Points: 1,205,641,280,177.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgranluchadore View Post
nah man nog looked really bad, the worse ive seen
herman was acting all weird he was laughing the whole fight and sticking his arm in front of him like wlad does but without doing anything with it, and there were times he completely stopped moving and waited to get hit, his only offense were a couple of kicks and he was smiling after he got subbed
but nog took the fight on short notice so maybe that was it
Yep, something seemed weird in this fight. At one point, Herman was just standing there with his hands down waiting for nog to do something. I was thinking something just doesn't look right in this fight.