Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-14-2012, 11:21 AM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,689,451,668,074.38
Total Points: 1,704,621,720,468.12
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
I wasn't 50-50. I knew Rios would win, and he won exactly how you said he did. Good post.
well yea i really feel it wasnt a 50/50 fight but u never wanna underestimate an opponent, so when he has power n heart u should recognize what the fighter might be capable of, Rios is gona get his confident back with this, n what i like that him n Garcia know each other so well, Rios after this will have his full confidence of Garcia of following the gameplan

Acosta had the same plan fight in the outside but Acosta is a good fighter from the outside unlike Alvarado n Acosta still couldnt avoid the ko from Rios

makes me wonder if the weight issue played a role on the Abril fight, but i still think Abril school Rios again, thats a fight that im scared to see but Abril does the deserve that W lol
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,977,277,182,624.00
Total Points: 16,977,281,486,844.41
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather – Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

I actually see that in quite a lot of fighters nowadays, especially the younger ones that are coming up, that shoulder roll defense isn't for everybody, you need some really good natural defensive instincts to make it work. So yeah, I've seen more than once where younger fighters, whether they are emulating Mayeather or not, get tagged and hurt while trying to work that shoulder roll defense.

I think what's happening now with the shoulder roll defense that Mayweather uses so well is similar to what happened when Roy Jones was at the top. I remember quite a lot of younger fighters back then trying to be like Roy Jones, throwing lead left hooks and right hands while keeping their hands low. A lot of them learned the hard way that they weren't Roy Jones.

What's a little weird about Alvarado was that earlier in his career I remember him keeping both hands up on the inside and ripping away with his shots, whereas he's tried to roll the shoulder as a defensive move on the inside in his more recent fights.

Last edited by Silencers; 10-14-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Frank Ducketts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 110,010,367,074.43
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel Will Hunting, It's not your fault, It's not your fault - Croyd It's not your fault, It truly isn't your fault ... - Croyd 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
well yea i really feel it wasnt a 50/50 fight but u never wanna underestimate an opponent, so when he has power n heart u should recognize what the fighter might be capable of, Rios is gona get his confident back with this, n what i like that him n Garcia know each other so well, Rios after this will have his full confidence of Garcia of following the gameplan

Acosta had the same plan fight in the outside but Acosta is a good fighter from the outside unlike Alvarado n Acosta still couldnt avoid the ko from Rios

makes me wonder if the weight issue played a role on the Abril fight, but i still think Abril school Rios again, thats a fight that im scared to see but Abril does the deserve that W lol
Making weight played a huge roll in the Abril fight. The shoulder roll isn't just a roll of the shoulder. Alvarado didn't protect the body and Rios hurt Alvarado to the body which is what brought his hands down. Rios took a lot of Alvarados energy the round before the stoppage with bodyshots.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics

Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,010,806,664,633.62
Total Points: 219,016,006,952,143.09
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defututus View Post
using the philly shell automatically = trying to be like floyd mayweather
this......
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 170 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,311,152,828,411.22
Total Points: 28,421,208,755,715.98
merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 
Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab 
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Now you done it. Mayweather's name = 20 page war of foolishness.

It does not matter what the intentions of the thread starter were. I realize he meant the philly shell whatever its called, not necessarily Mayweather. But once the name "Mayweather" shows up, half the forum turns retarded. Damage done.

Enjoy.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:18 PM
PAC-BOY
#1 Floyd Hater

Rep Power: 317 PAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,306,272,824,076,049,152.00
Total Points: 1,306,272,824,126,103,040.00
No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - sickwitit No Message - BOSSHOGG No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn 
No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - sickwitit No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - PAC-BOY 
No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY joining the club - MANIAC310 
Happy Birthday love :kiss: - Bossy 40,000!!!!!!!! - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* Awesome sig - BulgariasFinest No Message - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - sickwitit Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PAC-BOY Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sugar Freddi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

It just takes a certain fighter to bust through that defense. Rios is one of them. Mayweather avoids those fighters that can expose him and threaten him. You mix that with the fine art of cherry picking and payoffs....you remain looking special!
Its not that it didnt work for Alvarado..it did! Rios just banged through it with big shots and tore the wall down!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 170 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,311,152,828,411.22
Total Points: 28,421,208,755,715.98
merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 
Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab 
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC-BOY View Post
It just takes a certain fighter to bust through that defense. Rios is one of them. Mayweather avoids those fighters that can expose him and threaten him. You mix that with the fine art of cherry picking and payoffs....you remain looking special!
Its not that it didnt work for Alvarado..it did! Rios just banged through it with big shots and tore the wall down!
Mayweather is a pure boxer and master counter puncher. Alvarado is not, that style of defense doesn't work for him.

Rios would look foolish against Mayweather at this point, no way he busts through that defense. Two completely different fighters. But thank you for proving my case in the aforementioned post.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 45 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,928,759,449,609,220.00
Total Points: 5,928,759,449,625,644.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas 

That defense actually helped Alvarado get hit less. If he hadn't used it he would be like Rios just eating up punch after punch like they were candy.

What he should have done though was fight less on the inside and try to keep the fight at long range as much as possible. Like other posters have already mentioned.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,182,040.53
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
What was Alvarado thinking using that stupid damn philly shell defense? If you have serious defensive liabilities that's the last thing you should be trying. If you have slow reflexes and are easy to hit, especially on the inside, then using that leaves you very open and vulnerable to big shots and guess what? Alvarado got caught trying to use boxing techniques that no trainer in his right mind would have him using!

Now, not to slag on his trainer cause I'm sure I heard him saying to Alvarado to stop using it as it wasn't working, but he just kept doing it thinking that he was the one with the boxing skills. This is what happens kids when you try to fight like Mayweather and Toney without having any of the skill, speed, reflexes, general savvy and experience in that style. You get KTFO!

Why did he think that would work? If you're a slow, power punching guy with major defensive liabilities that breaks guys down and uses strength and power to win fights rather than defensive counter punching, then coming into your biggest career fight using a style that shouldn't even be thought about is just incredible. I could not believe my eyes when he came out using it. I thought he was taking the piss for a minute then he just stayed in it while getting hit with right hand and left hook over and over on the inside.

Really hate it when fighters do stupid **** like that and lose a fight because of it. Maybe he would have lost anyway, but from what had transpired in both of their offensive games, it looked to me that Alvarado could have certainly won it without such a moronic game plan.

What could he have been thinking? "Hmmm, maybe with my complete lack of any defensive skill, using one hand to block shots will be better than two! Lets do it!"
Abril beat Rios and used his shoulder as a shield. Alvarado saw that and must have focused on that while training. It was too late by then to drop it when his trainer told him to since he had been training like that for weeks. imo
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Ggurts si kab
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ggurts si kab has a spectacular aura aboutGgurts si kab has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 22,775.90

just like broners shoulder roll doesnt make him above average till proven otherwise.