Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who wins?
VANES 9 16.98%
LARA 44 83.02%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 AM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 97 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 858,690,100,029,074.25
Total Points: 1,549,689,900,034,700.50
For Avatar awesomeness - DannYankee09 Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden war b-suth - Mike D :beerchug: - -jose- Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power 
Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane 
No Message - sugarsmosley everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps War Tribe - Hougigo To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko Cheers man.been a hot day. - Scott.Weiland. Hey man here's a gift .  Couple of our guys lost since I ran in to u . Ur were the first dude to donate me points so cheers!!! - Respect Power No Message - Respect Power thanks - Dean_Razorback 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Lara knocks Vanes out
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Deeznuts
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,793,262,608.92
Total Points: 192,159,589,929.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
I know Vanes hasnt fought anyone professionally worth a lick but he had a stellar amateur career. Although he had 10 defeats, he avenged all of his losses except for 1 I believe
You still on the amateur talk? Good amateur background is good but doesn't mean you will be a great professional fighter. Vanes hasn't showed anything special in his fights.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
tiko123
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 7 tiko123 will become famous soon enoughtiko123 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,004,339.81
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
watch the sparring video of him sparring chavex... vanes is a lot more easily hit with a right hook because vanes always keeps his right up very high and his left down to couter with left uppercuts and check hooks. mark my words, laras straight left will be non existent in this fight
I'm with you bro. I don't blame people for picking Lara to win because, based on their previous opponents and performances, statistically it would make sense to pick him.

However, I personally know how hungry and confident Vanes is. I know the skills Vanes has, that he HAS YET TO SHOW. Listen to Ronnie Shields Interview on youtube, NOT ONCE DOES HE SAY LARA WILL WIN, HE AVOIDS IT. All he says is, it's going to be a very very tough fight. He says how he doesnt know how to prepare Lara cuz he has no idea what Vanes will bring that night. Then he starts off the interview saying, "the fight means a hell a lot more to my fighter than it does to me", which is just a weird comment to make all together. You could tell Ronnie is not soo sure of his fighters chances and thats coming from Vanes' X-Coach who knows what Vanes is capable of that most viewers don't because of his prior performances.

It will be very easy to beat Lara and avoid that left hand. Any real boxing fan knows that, AGAINST A LEFTY, YOU GOT TO ALWAYS BE MOVING TO THE LEFT and that makes it awfully difficult for the lefty to land his left straights as it causes him to be off balance when he's aiming right. If Vanes moves left all night long, keeps his right hand up really high, I see him popping Lara all day with really bautiful, accurate, and powerful shots. Lara cannot stand pressure, Vanes will attack that body like crazy and we all know Lara doesn't like that. Lara has not fought anyone nearrrrrr the speed and skill Vanes has, he won't see a lot of those punches coming. He won't be able to land that left as much as he did against Paul Williams, who couldnt have fought that fight any dumberrrr. Pwill coach should be fired, no fighter/coach should be able to get hit flush with the same exact punch for 12 rounds without adjusting. And even if Lara lands a few, ppl over-estimate his power. He couldnt knock out Hernandez, Pwill, Molina and I dont recall him even buckling them. Vanes has been down before yes, but they have not hurt him. Both KD have been flush knockdowns that did not hurt him.

Vanes in my opinion, based on his hunger, confidence, skills (that ppl havent completely seen), his speed, accuracy, and Lara's lack of power, will win this fight and he will look great doing it! Can't wait for Nov. 10th, Greg no point in arguing cuz ppl dont know what we know and I dont blame them for picking Lara. Just makes the Victory that much sweeter. MAkes the odds that much better, I will be putting a lot of money on Vanes and without any hesitation. Ill see you on boxing scene on Nov. 11th after V kills Lara, don't waste your time now.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:26 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,719,942.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

This fight is pointless. The winner of this fight will fight K-9 and beat him.

Canelo will fight Jessie Vargas.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 15 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,169,551.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Vanes does have boxing Skills

I am sure Lara is not taking him lightly...how ever things are different without Head Gear and having to go 10-12 Rounds, I think Lara can hurt Vanes
Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Pretty Boy Greg
Pacman - The GOAT

Rep Power: 16 Pretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy Greg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,798,108,024.37
Total Points: 25,198,143,996.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko123 View Post
I'm with you bro. I don't blame people for picking Lara to win because, based on their previous opponents and performances, statistically it would make sense to pick him.

However, I personally know how hungry and confident Vanes is. I know the skills Vanes has, that he HAS YET TO SHOW. Listen to Ronnie Shields Interview on youtube, NOT ONCE DOES HE SAY LARA WILL WIN, HE AVOIDS IT. All he says is, it's going to be a very very tough fight. He says how he doesnt know how to prepare Lara cuz he has no idea what Vanes will bring that night. Then he starts off the interview saying, "the fight means a hell a lot more to my fighter than it does to me", which is just a weird comment to make all together. You could tell Ronnie is not soo sure of his fighters chances and thats coming from Vanes' X-Coach who knows what Vanes is capable of that most viewers don't because of his prior performances.

It will be very easy to beat Lara and avoid that left hand. Any real boxing fan knows that, AGAINST A LEFTY, YOU GOT TO ALWAYS BE MOVING TO THE LEFT and that makes it awfully difficult for the lefty to land his left straights as it causes him to be off balance when he's aiming right. If Vanes moves left all night long, keeps his right hand up really high, I see him popping Lara all day with really bautiful, accurate, and powerful shots. Lara cannot stand pressure, Vanes will attack that body like crazy and we all know Lara doesn't like that. Lara has not fought anyone nearrrrrr the speed and skill Vanes has, he won't see a lot of those punches coming. He won't be able to land that left as much as he did against Paul Williams, who couldnt have fought that fight any dumberrrr. Pwill coach should be fired, no fighter/coach should be able to get hit flush with the same exact punch for 12 rounds without adjusting. And even if Lara lands a few, ppl over-estimate his power. He couldnt knock out Hernandez, Pwill, Molina and I dont recall him even buckling them. Vanes has been down before yes, but they have not hurt him. Both KD have been flush knockdowns that did not hurt him.

Vanes in my opinion, based on his hunger, confidence, skills (that ppl havent completely seen), his speed, accuracy, and Lara's lack of power, will win this fight and he will look great doing it! Can't wait for Nov. 10th, Greg no point in arguing cuz ppl dont know what we know and I dont blame them for picking Lara. Just makes the Victory that much sweeter. MAkes the odds that much better, I will be putting a lot of money on Vanes and without any hesitation. Ill see you on boxing scene on Nov. 11th after V kills Lara, don't waste your time now.
if this post doesnt change some minds on who is going to win then nothing will!!! great post my man!! Cant wait to bump this thread come november 11th