Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM
1moreround
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,932.67
Default Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado: Predictions

With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 351,514,041,521,377,536.00
Total Points: 351,514,051,521,469,184.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreround View Post
With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!
I agree with what you said 100%. There is no need for me to say how I think the fight would go or why, because you have already done that. I pick Rios by late round KO but Alvarado is good enough that I won't be shocked if he wins.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM
subhuman
Banned

Rep Power: 0 subhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,120,440.00
Total Points: 10,223,925.87

Add a poll bro.

But yeah I can't call out a clear winner in this war. It can go either way, can't wait
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Deeznuts
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 90,579,964,895.56
Total Points: 206,946,298,340.72

Toss up fight since they both looked vulnerable their past couple of fights..Alvarado was getting hammered by Prescott before he gassed and Rios was getting out-boxed by Abril. Biggest fight for either guy..its a rarity two prime undefeated fighters go at it