Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 PM
The_Sandman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 The_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Sandman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 52,863,264.79
To a good poster!! - LoadedWraps 
Default Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,357,436.65
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 103 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,661,872,311,851.68
Total Points: 19,671,934,121,665.52
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas 

Nobody touches Canelo because GBP need a golden PPV egg, he's all they got
Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 PM
FlatLine
Lights out.

Rep Power: 7 FlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,414,155.34
for there Cotto/Trout video. - jose830 Khan's Army - Box-Office 

I think it's got more to do with Khan than anything else, the guy literally wants to fight the best, remember he chased Bradley for a year and at the time Khan and Bradley were considered the best in the division, but of course Bradley refused to take the Khan fight in the end.

Khan gets a lot of credit from me, he's a true warrior even when he got knocked down with that great shot from Garcia he was still trying to dig deep and fight back. I think most people wouldn't have got up the way that shot landed.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM
TysonBomb
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 TysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 39,242.08
one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

Khan's hunger, heart, and focus are second to none ... he wants to fight the best and be the best ..

Just a poor defense and unreliable chin
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Paulie-M
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Paulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,511.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.
i wouldnt call malignaggi a protected fight. It was khans 1st fight in america and paulie can box
gauze
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 gauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these partsgauze is infamous around these parts
Bank: 484,825,268,843.46
Total Points: 484,825,275,537.79

i would say it's because he got ko'd by prescott in a fight that wasn't considered a "step up". no reason to protect a guy if he's getting flattened by the likes of prescott. they probably figured the guy is at least an entertaining fighter, throw him to the wolves and get some fan-friendly fights in the process. i don't think he was with golden boy at the time of that fight either. he already had the L when they signed him so what is their to protect?
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 253,986,044,998,099.28
Total Points: 253,986,045,099,416.62
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

To be honest it has more to do with Team Khan, they are amatuerish at best, they are more concern and Khan making more money, They take fights that they shouldn't have and they chase people who they don't need to chase, Why go fight Lamont Pederson in his hometown when they didn't need to? Either they were overconfident, overrating Khans ability or just plain amateurs.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:20 PM
LarryXXX
Hard Work..Dedication!!

Rep Power: 212 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 528,321,502,665,098,854,400.00
Total Points: 528,321,594,665,099,198,464.00
To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw 
Funny - Scott Weiland cheers birthday boy - -MAKAVELLI- Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega 
Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear 

They were he didnt lose to top fighters,he lost to b grade fighters
Old 10-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 103 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,661,872,311,851.68
Total Points: 19,671,934,121,665.52
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
Khan's hunger, heart, and focus are second to none ... he wants to fight the best and be the best ..

Just a poor defense and unreliable chin
Hahahahaha