Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 59 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,176,351,700.88
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

floyd. obviously both great performances, but floyd was on some god **** that night.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,853,617.99
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

What I notice is when it comes to Floyd beating Hatton, he beat him at 147 and not 140 (his best weight), it takes away from the win for some reason. When it comes to Floyd beating Cotto, he beat him at 154 and not 147, his best weight, it takes away from the win for some reason.

But when it comes to Hopkins beating Trinidad at 160 and not 147, his best weight, he still beat Trinidad who was a beast.

Hopkins beating Trinidad was great and he'd proven himself at 160, but lets not act like 160 was his best weight either, which was clearly 147. Though Trinidad is greater than Corrales, Corrales was still a Top fighter around 130-135 for his time and was undefeated/Top 10 P4P at the time, the man at the weight. I'd give Floyd-Corrales the edge.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:14 AM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,184,638.16
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
What I notice is when it comes to Floyd beating Hatton, he beat him at 147 and not 140 (his best weight), it takes away from the win for some reason. When it comes to Floyd beating Cotto, he beat him at 154 and not 147, his best weight, it takes away from the win for some reason.

But when it comes to Hopkins beating Trinidad at 160 and not 147, his best weight, he still beat Trinidad who was a beast.

Hopkins beating Trinidad was great and he'd proven himself at 160, but lets not act like 160 was his best weight either, which was clearly 147. Though Trinidad is greater than Corrales, Corrales was still a Top fighter around 130-135 for his time and was undefeated/Top 10 P4P at the time, the man at the weight. I'd give Floyd-Corrales the edge.
I disagree on Hatton. I know he looked meh against Collazo, but I don't think he was as motivated or sharp there either. Floyd started lower on the scale and had only been above 140 a few times by then. I don't see any reason to take away from what Floyd did there. Cotto either. Neither man's best weight, or prime, was at hand in May. Still a hell of a fight; just a slower version of what we likely always would have seen.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
I disagree on Hatton. I know he looked meh against Collazo, but I don't think he was as motivated or sharp there either. Floyd started lower on the scale and had only been above 140 a few times by then. I don't see any reason to take away from what Floyd did there. Cotto either. Neither man's best weight, or prime, was at hand in May. Still a hell of a fight; just a slower version of what we likely always would have seen.
Hatton fighting at 147 was him just cutting less weight, in my eyes. Plus, it was his fault it didn't happen at 140 after Floyd whupped Gatti and Hatton beat Tszyu. Plus, they were both prime.

Neither Floyd or Cotto were prime, Floyd not since 07' and Cotto not since 08', but both still good and top fighters.

I was saying some say "Well those weren't Hatton or Cotto's best weights", but then may not say the same about Hopkins beating Trinidad and De La Hoya.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:41 AM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Hatton fighting at 147 was him just cutting less weight, in my eyes. Plus, it was his fault it didn't happen at 140 after Floyd whupped Gatti and Hatton beat Tszyu. Plus, they were both prime.

Neither Floyd or Cotto were prime, Floyd not since 07' and Cotto not since 08', but both still good and top fighters.

I was saying some say "Well those weren't Hatton or Cotto's best weights", but then may not say the same about Hopkins beating Trinidad and De La Hoya.
Oh, I see where you're going. Yeah. I think Hatton was on point for Floyd. Just in with a better guy. I don't think it was 'his fault' the fight didn't happen at 40. Floyd went to 47 right after Gatti. He had a path he was on and Judah was it.

The Oscar win is one of Hopkins least in terms of quality. Weight is a big issue there. Tito had proven a beast at 54 and walked through Joppy. He was a Middleweight by then and could have beaten just about any at the time not named 'Nard.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
Oh, I see where you're going. Yeah. I think Hatton was on point for Floyd. Just in with a better guy. I don't think it was 'his fault' the fight didn't happen at 40. Floyd went to 47 right after Gatti. He had a path he was on and Judah was it.

The Oscar win is one of Hopkins least in terms of quality. Weight is a big issue there. Tito had proven a beast at 54 and walked through Joppy. He was a Middleweight by then and could have beaten just about any at the time not named 'Nard.
I'm pretty sure I remember Floyd calling out Hatton right after both had won in June 2005, but Hatton and his team responded with him not being ready for that fight.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:01 AM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I remember Floyd calling out Hatton right after both had won in June 2005, but Hatton and his team responded with him not being ready for that fight.
Could be. I recall Hatton saying he wanted it in UK yada yada. He said/he said crap. Comes off as typical build the biggest possible, which they did. They fought when they were both prime, both in shape, for the most $ possible. That's how they draw em up.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 AM
FRANKGWJ
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 FRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond reputeFRANKGWJ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 48,119,438,466.47
Total Points: 48,119,592,883.92

Quote:

Do you give Floyd credit for the Marquez win?
Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 AM
DempseyRollin
DempseyTRollin

Rep Power: 38 DempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond reputeDempseyRollin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 324,237,740,009.72
Total Points: 337,344,099,474.06
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
Do you give Floyd credit for the Marquez win?
Much more credit than I do for pacs recent win over him.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 AM
Ringlife
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Ringlife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 129,315,170.88
Total Points: 200,129,446,619.60
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

I would have to say B Hop over Trinidad was a thing of beauty and this coming from a Tito fan.