Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-30-2012, 01:33 AM
pturtle
Banned

Rep Power: 0 pturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these partspturtle is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 33,173.47
Default How can anyone defend Hopkins in the “who ducked who” wars for Roy?

Hopkins was certainly the duck. He called out Roy for the rematch I believe for more exposure.

He wanted a 50/50 with Roy but I thought Roy being p4p king at the time was generous in offering 60/40 to a guy he was more relevant then and already defeated.

Can anyone say B-Hop deserved a 50/50 fight when:

Roy was considered the best fighter in the world at the time

The bigger name and bigger draw.

Already won the first fight.

And Hopkins beating Roy would do much more for him the Roy beating Hopkins again would do for Roy.

Can anyone really say this wasn’t a duck?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 AM
hookoutofhell
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 hookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,944,955.43
Total Points: 1,979,504.01
Because real men eat roast beef sandwiches for breakfast. - Mighty_Windir 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturtle View Post
Hopkins was certainly the duck. He called out Roy for the rematch I believe for more exposure.

He wanted a 50/50 with Roy but I thought Roy being p4p king at the time was generous in offering 60/40 to a guy he was more relevant then and already defeated.

Can anyone say B-Hop deserved a 50/50 fight when:

Roy was considered the best fighter in the world at the time

The bigger name and bigger draw.

Already won the first fight.

And Hopkins beating Roy would do much more for him the Roy beating Hopkins again would do for Roy.

Can anyone really say this wasn’t a duck?
hopkins clearly ducked roy by making ridiculous money demands and he did the same thing with calzaghe in '02. it made me laugh when he said he would come up 7lbs if roy would come down 7 lbs. he knew that coming down in weight would be harder and it would drain RJJ.

i don't know what anoys me more - his fanboys saying he takes peoples souls or hopkins trying to make us believe hes an icon of the sport.

fantastic fighter but i don't think hes the ATG some make him out to be.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
adamdoyle
Banned

Rep Power: 0 adamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these partsadamdoyle is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 500,029,746.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookoutofhell View Post
hopkins clearly ducked roy by making ridiculous money demands and he did the same thing with calzaghe in '02. it made me laugh when he said he would come up 7lbs if roy would come down 7 lbs. he knew that coming down in weight would be harder and it would drain RJJ.

i don't know what anoys me more - his fanboys saying he takes peoples souls or hopkins trying to make us believe hes an icon of the sport.

fantastic fighter but i don't think hes the ATG some make him out to be.
Hahahahahah Bushbaby gonna be mad.......... Ye it's true , Hopkins gets all this credit for beating the like of Trinidad and De La Hoya....I NEVER got what was so great about him
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 64,338,059,472.08
Total Points: 177,322,901,607.63
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Roy was quite right, why should he drop 7lbs and take even money against a guy he already beat, was rated above and was the higher draw than?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:05 AM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 56 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,604,152,011,725.91
Total Points: 69,789,159,480,446.51
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS 

There were more circumstances than just the split. Hopkins was promoting himself at the time and couldn't get decent opponents anywhere except on whatever promoter's term. Did he price himself out of the Roy fight? Perhaps, but really BHop couldn't get a fight to save his life because he was managing himself at the time, his style isn't particularly crowd pleasing, and he would beat your guy.

It wasn't just a matter of pricing himself out so much as every major promotion wanted nothing to do with him in or out of the ring.

I would bet <1% of NSB was even watching boxing when this was all going down
Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 AM
House of Stone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,323,689,384.22
Total Points: 224,373,769,674.41
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner Pretend Its Klitsckos and sit on it... LOL - afiln Kick this keyboard warrior. - Weltschmerz One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
Roy was quite right, why should he drop 7lbs and take even money against a guy he already beat, was rated above and was the higher draw than?
correct on all counts
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 AM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,011,088,130.02
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdoyle View Post
Hahahahahah Bushbaby gonna be mad.......... Ye it's true , Hopkins gets all this credit for beating the like of Trinidad and De La Hoya....I NEVER got what was so great about him
well you would have to be an idiot to think those were the only 2 things he did in his career.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,011,088,130.02
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
There were more circumstances than just the split. Hopkins was promoting himself at the time and couldn't get decent opponents anywhere except on whatever promoter's term. Did he price himself out of the Roy fight? Perhaps, but really BHop couldn't get a fight to save his life because he was managing himself at the time, his style isn't particularly crowd pleasing, and he would beat your guy.

It wasn't just a matter of pricing himself out so much as every major promotion wanted nothing to do with him in or out of the ring.

yes you would prob be right
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
WESS
Most Definitely

Location: From the beaches of F.L.A. to the mountains of W.A.
Rep Power: 40 WESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,366,689,280,769.94
Total Points: 2,603,751,240,600.83
Have a beer bro - deanrw For getting me a Roy Jones Jr. autograph!!! - TRUTH I love you baby! - JESS & WESS this is what all pactards want to do to you but they cant - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
God I hate u filipinos so much!!! fuk manny pacquiao stupid filipino, my hero floyd will whoop him - WESS - Panginoon until I can give you green k. - Round 1 Gay floydiot crybaby - junior gong for the slit between ur legs - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios 
Here so you have something to soak up the tears after Floyd retires and you have nobody left to nuthug...gigantic bitch you are. - turnedup Tri-Cities WA Wine Consultant - WESS here you go homie for your vagina - KRITKL 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WESS World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post

I agree with you here.

Also, the last part cracked me up.. lol
Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM
iseah100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 iseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,205,364,374.88
Total Points: 15,205,387,633.73

Smh @ Hopkins. I didn't know this lol.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android