Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,950,866,226,008.90
Total Points: 53,981,099,340,147.87
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Will he handle returned pressure or not! Will he handle getting punched back with ill intentions? These were the questions that the people who knew what he was all about had ever since he got by the trial horses he faced early as a pro! I wanted him to succeed and might have if he stayed with the techniques he was taught but he didn't and resorted into big mistakes that someone like Evander would capitilize on! ........and he did!! Fans thought he was a machine that couldn't break but the people who saw him as a kid and watched and trained and helped knew there was answers to questions coming! Ray.
So, are you saying you knew what was going to happen with Holyfield winning or that you too thought Tyson was going to win? I think everyone knew that Tyson still had questions looming about him after Douglas and prison. No secret there.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Mintcar923
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Mintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 187,810.42
No Message - zab191 

I couldn't get over how winded he was in the later stages of the first fight with his mouth wide open and all. He wasn't like that at any point in his first career even with Douglas. Was it the inactivity, all the holding, or the lack of the right kind of training?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Bigdaddy_Vh
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 Bigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond reputeBigdaddy_Vh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 31,676.81
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Bigdaddy_Vh 
Send a message via AIM to Bigdaddy_Vh

I picked mike to win by ud or late ko. Figured holy would be competitive but gas in the later rounds
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Emon723
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Emon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond reputeEmon723 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,141,612.06

I was really expecting Tyson winning by KO from 4-6 rounds, based on his two previous fights, and Bowe stopping Holyfield in 8th a year before.

Upon watching, Tyson hurt Holyfield in the 5th, I thought its gonna be true, but when Tyson went down in round six, I knew it would really be a miracle for Iron Mike to turn the fight in his favor, I was already favoring a UD for the real deal.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 AM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,002,830,060,137.68
Total Points: 15,045,835,184,727.77
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
I wrongly though mike would win even though I knew his defence was not a at the same level as pre spinks fight. I thought he simply would overpower evander.
How wrong I was.
I thought Tyson would win but Holyfield had an eerie confidence that gave me the feeling that it could be tough. But no way did I think Holyfield would win. I thought he was done. Not too long before this fight there was even speculation that Holyfield might have some sort of heart condition.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,078,534.06
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcar923 View Post
I couldn't get over how winded he was in the later stages of the first fight with his mouth wide open and all. He wasn't like that at any point in his first career even with Douglas. Was it the inactivity, all the holding, or the lack of the right kind of training?

Probably a combination of the three, plus overconfidence and the expectation of an easy match.

I believe Mike was in shape (his weight, body fat and muscle tone were right on the money.....he certainly looked the part!), he was just not in the sort of 12 round shape that he was in, in his prime. He might have managed 12 rounds quite well against lesser foes, but Holyfield's clinching, leaning, headbutting.....not to mention solid punching certainly tired him out.

In the Douglas fight Mike's punch output was rather lower than for Holyfield. Mike undoubtably did start fast against Holyfield and threw quite alot over the first 5 rounds. To be honest Mike never stopped trying against Holyfield, he took his beating like a man and was very gracious in defeat (this time!).
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,309,760.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcar923 View Post
It's because he was fighting someone with a pulse, which was unusual for any version of Tyson.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Mintcar923
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Mintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 187,810.42
No Message - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
I thought Tyson would win but Holyfield had an eerie confidence that gave me the feeling that it could be tough. But no way did I think Holyfield would win. I thought he was done. Not too long before this fight there was even speculation that Holyfield might have some sort of heart condition.
I recall saying how worried Holy looked in the early stages of his ring walk. My Mom had even agreed with me. But, somehow he turned it in his favor because he fought like the hammers of Hell!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,334,465.68
Total Points: 120,121,454,127.40
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
I wrongly though mike would win even though I knew his defence was not a at the same level as pre spinks fight. I thought he simply would overpower evander.
How wrong I was.
I thought Holyfield would win a unanimous decision. How wrong I was as well, as he destroyed Mike and stopped him late.

It's like SBleeder said, Tyson at times struggled against opponents with a pulse, guys that could stand up to his power and back him up, like Douglas did. That's why I thought Holyfield would win. Despite looking pretty bad against Bowe and Czyz, Holyfield was a bad style matchup for Tyson IMO. Even in his prime, I still don't think Tyson wins, but it's a much closer fight.

Last edited by Anthony342; 09-28-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 AM
House of Stone
BigDaddy

Rep Power: 15 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,587,713,610.56
Total Points: 259,637,806,167.22
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
I thought Holyfield would win
sure you did

Last edited by House of Stone; 09-28-2012 at 01:26 PM.