Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,208,983,110.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile Super Middleweight Edwin Rodriguez

Fights on the undercard of the Del Valle Darchinyan bout this weekend against 13(12)-0-1, Jason Escalera.

Anyone know anything about him? He looks to have been brought along well, with wins against decent - and increasingly better - opposition. He's now 21-0 and hasn't fought anyone with more losses than wins since his 6th bout. Plus he outpointed Don George in his last bout so it looks like he has a decent set of whiskers on him.

Any one seen him or have any background on him?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,835.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taansend View Post
Fights on the undercard of the Del Valle Darchinyan bout this weekend against 13(12)-0-1, Jason Escalera.

Anyone know anything about him? He looks to have been brought along well, with wins against decent - and increasingly better - opposition. He's now 21-0 and hasn't fought anyone with more losses than wins since his 6th bout. Plus he outpointed Don George in his last bout so it looks like he has a decent set of whiskers on him.

Any one seen him or have any background on him?

i've been to almost all of his local fights. he started off his career as a brawler, but has slowly turned into more of a boxer / puncher. he's not a terrific boxer. he's got decent power and a decent jab. he's got long arms and a strong upper body, so it is in his best interest generally to box on the outside.

ronnie shields has been training him for his last few fights, and slowly he's begun to turn away from what once once a very exciting style. he used to go all out and bomb guys out of there with body punches. shields knows what he's doing, though. rodriguez' only chance for success is to move away from the brawling style. he's not going to simply blows the doors off of the guys in the top 10.

i dont know anything about his next opponent, but his record looks to be that of a puncher. perhaps i've seen him off of the bigger networks and he's slipped my memory, but i do think he's unfamiliar to me.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:28 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
i dont know anything about his next opponent, but his record looks to be that of a puncher. perhaps i've seen him off of the bigger networks and he's slipped my memory, but i do think he's unfamiliar to me.
Thank you NE, much appreciated. The opponent has a great kayo record but against very shoddy opposition.

Rodriguez has been match brilliantly so far, fighting all sorts, so this looks like another good step.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,835.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Quote:
Thank you NE, much appreciated. The opponent has a great kayo record but against very shoddy opposition.

Rodriguez has been match brilliantly so far, fighting all sorts, so this looks like another good step.
you're welcome.

i agree. he was moved pretty tough and he got a good look at a lot of different fighters. lots of higher level gatekeeper / journeyman types on his resume. guys that show up to win, too. he's not the sort of draw to be able to command HBO or showtime airtime unless he's in there with a good fighter, and dibella doesn't have the kind of muscle that you'd see in a haymon, TR , or GBP fighter.

should be a nice fight. from what i've seen edwin has shown a good chin and some heart. if rodriguez is hurt expect him to start throwing to the body and really letting his hands go.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Jizzme Mack
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Jizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,467,736,833,500.97
Total Points: 1,467,736,834,068.17

Quote:
you're welcome.

i agree. he was moved pretty tough and he got a good look at a lot of different fighters. lots of higher level gatekeeper / journeyman types on his resume. guys that show up to win, too. he's not the sort of draw to be able to command HBO or showtime airtime unless he's in there with a good fighter, and dibella doesn't have the kind of muscle that you'd see in a haymon, TR , or GBP fighter.

should be a nice fight. from what i've seen edwin has shown a good chin and some heart. if rodriguez is hurt expect him to start throwing to the body and really letting his hands go.
Do you think he could of beaten Stevenson? I think a good boxer who could weather the storm early on would beat Stevenson. One fight that comes to mind is Tarver-Kayode. I feel like he relies on his power too much. I had my doubts about Rodriguez beating him tho and I think they had theirs too.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyabolic View Post
Do you think he could of beaten Stevenson? I think a good boxer who could weather the storm early on would beat Stevenson. One fight that comes to mind is Tarver-Kayode. I feel like he relies on his power too much. I had my doubts about Rodriguez beating him tho and I think they had theirs too.
We will know more after Stevenson fights George.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 61 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,371,893.19
I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It 
this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest 
stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 
you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas 

why is he on hbo fighting stiffs like george and escalera? shouldn't he fight someone you know..........good? i thought hbo was supposed to show the best fights not tune ups for promoter's to show off their guys. rigged system.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Jizzme Mack
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Jizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these partsJizzme Mack is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,467,736,833,500.97
Total Points: 1,467,736,834,068.17

Quote:
We will know more after Stevenson fights George.
Nah I think Don George is pretty bad and Im not only judging by his last fight. He will get KOed by Stevenson.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 PM
revs1227
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 revs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,044,315,339,863.69
Total Points: 1,046,609,599,836.03
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

i thought rosinsky beat Rodriguez
he should win
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM
smv25
Amateur

Total Points: 3,899.62

Quote:
i've been to almost all of his local fights. he started off his career as a brawler, but has slowly turned into more of a boxer / puncher. he's not a terrific boxer. he's got decent power and a decent jab. he's got long arms and a strong upper body, so it is in his best interest generally to box on the outside.

ronnie shields has been training him for his last few fights, and slowly he's begun to turn away from what once once a very exciting style. he used to go all out and bomb guys out of there with body punches. shields knows what he's doing, though. rodriguez' only chance for success is to move away from the brawling style. he's not going to simply blows the doors off of the guys in the top 10.

I don't know much about Rodriguez, but I've trained with and seen Jason Escalera as he is out of the gym I used to train in before I turned to College football. Kid is a beast, has fought locally in NJ and on ESPN recently, however fought to a draw in a fight I believe he should have started out faster in. He has power in both hands, is humble, and works HARD. The sparring sessions that occur in that gym are not for the weary, and it's definitely the hardest sparring I've seen. Escalera is not a stiff, and I'm not just saying it because I know and am friends with the kid.

http://youtu.be/u_AZk6a52ug

If you look at this video of him winning the golden gloves see how he won the golden gloves with only 7 amateur fights!! Not only did a nobody with 7 amateur fights defeat a two time national champ and***65279; veteran of over 100 fights. He ended his boxing career in the process.

He is no joke, this fight could turn out to be an action packed fight if Rodriguez lets his hands go. But don't expect Escalera to go in there headfirst, when the kid first started boxing he was all defense only now he could bang.