Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
MRBOOMER
My skin I get it

Rep Power: 9 MRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,021,583,324,859.07
Total Points: 43,021,583,330,405.18
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil "Best I've ever faced" thread, awesome read! - jose830 Good thread. - FeFist "The best I've ever faced" = great thread - mathed all around good poster. - I'm so sorry 
Thanks bro - komodo No Message - MRBOOMER 
Head and Neck Cancer - I'm so sorry Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MRBOOMER Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MRBOOMER Hepatitis C - MRBOOMER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparm View Post
No that's serious.

I joke around a lot on here but I love this sport and if I had the money would be buying every good ppv. The problem I mentioned is very real. We the fans of boxing cut each others throats and tear down new guys quickly without giving them a fair shake. That's why mma is catching up because they don't burn the next generation of fighters just because they don't brawl like Tyson or have the charismatic attraction of Ali.
Tyson is a brawler? Aren't you the guy who stuck up for calzaghe?
Either was your a good poster at least you back up what you say but ahha mma's catching up to boxing its garbage to do that. There aren't that many hard core mma fans a lot of them just like to see fights and will order a boxing ppv if its gonna be a good fight.

As for the sport being hyped up its not because we don't back the new guys you don't get numbers like canelo gets and not have fans. Its because the hw division is run by euro's and the weight classes that used to be known for knock outs aren't knocking people out anymore most knock outs seem to be coming from the lower weigHt divisons and nobody but hard core fans watch those weight classes.

Plus our two biggest stars fight people we all know their gonna beat or are fighting the same people over and over I mean its not a problem cAuse their just that good but they need to start knocking people out again. Ala pac cottooor mayweather hatton or chrisora haye.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
demonlight
Banned

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,716.02

I think it's really the opposite.

Protected fighters like Canelo and JCC Jr. are ruining the sport. Props to Jr for at least taking the Martinez fight and putting on an entertaining (albeit extremely one-sided) fight. Jr finally stepped up and the results were positive for everyone - Martinez got his belt back, Jr got a wake up call that may or may not (probably leaning on the latter) shock him into training a little harder, becoming a better fighter, and the fans got a good show.

Instead of fighting every challenger, finding out who's the real champion, and making great, competitive fights, these guys are literally being handed belts and protected from even semi-dangerous fighters. Just take the Alvarez vs. Lopez fight from last weekend - how was that an enjoyable fight for anyone to watch? How does that prove anything, except that Alvarez is maintaining his superiority over smaller men?

Boxing needs more Josesitos, more Matthysses, more Maidanas. Hell, even more Macklins, more Ajoses.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 20 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 417,647,902,663.76
Total Points: 647,872,743,291.56
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

You cant really test your chin with fighters like Alfonso Gomez, Matthew Hatton, Carlos Bladomir, Jose Miguel Cotto, and Kermit Cintron(has not KO anyone since 2007)
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM
microMXL
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,957.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflip55 View Post
He wasn't hurt he was off balance, only haters jump to these bs conclusions. You obviously don't box and never have. This stuff happens all the time in sparring/training. S h I t pushed in??? Come to my gym, ill show you s h I t pushed in princess. F u c k I n bloger. 20 bucks says this guy is either some fat p o s or some young bs talkinNever been in a real fight, computer geek waste of human life. S H I t pushed in lol please come to my gym, ask for matt at Monster boxing in southern cali. Id love to show you what some real s H I t is about