The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be. - Page 24 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Will this fight ever happen?
Yes. 129 0.00%
No. 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 100.00%
Voters: 9.22337203685E+18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM #231
littlemac littlemac is offline
Who Necks!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,974
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21
littlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond reputelittlemac has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,001,694,678.34
Bank: 9,477,869,271,753.70
Total Points: 9,488,870,966,432.04
keep up the NSB noob ownage!!! - Atreyu Khalil pot calling the kettle black - Panginoon your favorite! - Cállate! No Message - Body Movin' Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Floyd phaggot - El-blanco 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 
Default

Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

Special salutations to poster ADP02.
littlemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 AM #232
CHOWWOKKA CHOWWOKKA is offline
lats of peace
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,557
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Rep Power: 31
CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 615,651,294,913.87
Bank: 961,494,464,878,429.50
Total Points: 962,110,116,173,343.38
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarillo View Post
1st..............


Ey Ban stick how do you see posts count in this thread.
Click on the number of replies, it shows a list of who posted how many times.
CHOWWOKKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM #233
Brother Jay Brother Jay is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 36
Posts: 1,744
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Points: 1,000,032,021.85
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,956,157.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemac View Post
Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

Special salutations to poster ADP02.
How are you doing, littlemac?

Its been a minute since I've seen you post.

Nice to see you.
Brother Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM #234
The Ban Stick The Ban Stick is offline
A solid stick of ban
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Got points and Karma?
Posts: 20,509
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21529
The Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond reputeThe Ban Stick has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,801,140,668,028,895,008,653,312.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,801,140,668,028,895,008,653,312.00
For exceeding the legal limit of awesomeness. - *Boss Lady* *Boss Lady* loves The Ban Stick!  :D - *Boss Lady* sorry ban stick won't happen again - sugersean15 Keep up the usual brilliant work Bro - Jedi Vader Cheers bud :) - dancovboxer 
Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks bro! - led for keeping the racism on lock down - I'm so sorry LOVEEEEEEEE the new name :lol1: :kiss: - *Boss Lady* a Robo full of ban - MANIAC310 
the definition of the word: moderator. keep up the good work - Ishak Pasha Keep up the good work mate! - Pretty Boy32 Doing a great job! - TBear For modding of the highest order. - Jedi Vader Happy Easter  Mister :kiss: - Bossy 
For getting it done! - komodo The Don Corleone of Boxing Scene - jose830 Have a Happy and safe New Years Mr.Ban Stick sir. - jose830 thx for taking care of larryx, that guy was spewing garbage all over nsb, every single day - thuggery closest thing to a stick i could find!  Bet you never got one of these before!! - Trudoe 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Trudoe 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jay View Post
Honestly, I didn't even think i was fighting or name calling.



In the instance that you weren't referring to me, then uhh .. just forget about it.
I'm fine with it as long as there's no fighting. Carry on.
The Ban Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 AM #235
MindBat MindBat is offline
floyd gobbler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playing with my marbles.
Age: 8
Posts: 17,922
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57
MindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond reputeMindBat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 91,144.08
Bank: 246,458,537,186,329.00
Total Points: 246,458,537,277,473.09
great shit, man. - sweet pea 50 It's a Monster Khaos Slushy son!!!  Enjoy.. - abosworth You funny muthapucka you... - sweet pea 50 Thanks, To bad you didnt pop it for me (no homo) - Golden Boy 360 Good Debater - deanrw 
Happy 10000 post - led Top Poster - MARKBNLV Happy Holidays Bat! - Lorily respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas - -Kev- cheers - WESS couldnt green so - sugarsmosley 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dj emz AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
hey guys, this will be my first proper post on the site and what better way to kick it off than with a discussion on Floyd/Pac.

I've read a few points on here, all of which are going back and forth between who is the greater fighter and/or has a better resume at 147. I don't really want to drop into this argument too much simply because it ends up going in circles and both fighters have rabid fans. What I will say is this, overall, Pacquiao has the better resume and is overall the greater fighter. Moving quickly onto what/who has held this fight back, I think it's been both guys and their managers/promoters etc BUT a larger percentage of the blame must lie with Floyd. Again, I won't go too much into the details why I believe that simply because it's been argued ad nauseam.

The main point I'd like to make is this:

Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather will happen! I guarantee it will be made for 2013, after Pac gets past JMM/Bradley and Floyd has a "tune up" bout late 2012, early 2013. Even if Pac loses his next fight, which is highly likely simply because I believe Arum is ready to cash out his biggest money maker, Floyd will be looking to have the fight made, seeing that Manny has slipped over the course of his last 2-3 fights faster than most of us expected.

There was a time when this was a 50/50 match up BUT Floyd will clearly be a winner come summer 2013.
Welcome to the Scene, Double P.

Around these parts you can expect to have your green karma dot turning into a red drop and then a trail of a woman's menstrual period for picking Floyd over Manny.

Save yourself. Try not to choose sides.

Good post, BTW.
MindBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM #236
Cgarcia Cgarcia is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,863
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24
Cgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,358.38
Bank: 733,347,290,542.58
Total Points: 733,347,316,900.96
Default

These Mayweather fans are unbelieavable. I don't know what they're still mad about. Pacquiao lost to Marquez and Bradley. He's no longer at the top. What more do they want? They're still butt hurt. You guys need to start counting your blessings and realize that you're the luckiest fans on earth.

May/Pac fight didn't happen. Floyd won yet again in a fantasy fight. You guys should be celebrating.
Cgarcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM #237
WESS WESS is offline
Most Definitely
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: From the beaches of F.L.A. to the mountains of W.A.
Age: 34
Posts: 13,148
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Rep Power: 44
WESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 237,061,741,876.18
Bank: 899,896,934,408,062.88
Total Points: 900,133,996,149,939.00
Have a beer bro - deanrw For getting me a Roy Jones Jr. autograph!!! - TRUTH I love you baby! - JESS & WESS this is what all pactards want to do to you but they cant - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
God I hate u filipinos so much!!! fuk manny pacquiao stupid filipino, my hero floyd will whoop him - WESS - Panginoon until I can give you green k. - Round 1 Tri-Cities WA Wine Consultant - WESS 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WESS World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - WESS 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
hey guys, this will be my first proper post on the site and what better way to kick it off than with a discussion on Floyd/Pac.

I've read a few points on here, all of which are going back and forth between who is the greater fighter and/or has a better resume at 147. I don't really want to drop into this argument too much simply because it ends up going in circles and both fighters have rabid fans. What I will say is this, overall, Pacquiao has the better resume and is overall the greater fighter. Moving quickly onto what/who has held this fight back, I think it's been both guys and their managers/promoters etc BUT a larger percentage of the blame must lie with Floyd. Again, I won't go too much into the details why I believe that simply because it's been argued ad nauseam.

The main point I'd like to make is this:

Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather will happen! I guarantee it will be made for 2013, after Pac gets past JMM/Bradley and Floyd has a "tune up" bout late 2012, early 2013. Even if Pac loses his next fight, which is highly likely simply because I believe Arum is ready to cash out his biggest money maker, Floyd will be looking to have the fight made, seeing that Manny has slipped over the course of his last 2-3 fights faster than most of us expected.

There was a time when this was a 50/50 match up BUT Floyd will clearly be a winner come summer 2013.
Great post however I only disagree with your position on Pac "slipping". As a fan, that has followed him for a very long time but have disliked his WW run since 2009, Pac is exactly the same fighter he was back in 2008. The ONLY difference between then and now is his opposition. He looked better than expected vs subpar and beaten fighters like Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Once he starts fighting guys on winning streaks and or Champions in their own respected weight class, Pac doesn't look like the hyped fighter Bob Arum made him out to be. Which results to people saying he's slipping. I disagree, because he's not perfectly matched up style wise. Remember how he looked in 2008 vs JMM? Same thing happened in November 2011.

To say Pac is slipping is IMO false. He is still a great fighter, the problem is, he hasn't had that perfect opponent to make him look better than he really is. Ironically, this is main reason Bob Arum and Pac demanded to rematch Cotto at a catchweight. They desperately need that "look good" fight. Once he has this, the "pac is slipping" talk will disappear. Just like when he looked bad vs JMM in 2008 but ko'ed Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto, he was now all of a sudden great again. Then he fought JMM for a 3rd time and all of a sudden he's slipping.. No, he just needs those look good fights again.

To sum it up, the people that say "Pac is slipping", is just their own way of justifying why Pac gets beaten by Floyd. In the end, nothings changed from 2008 to now, other than Pac's opposition that he is looking to recycle to look good like he did vs Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. At least Cotto said no to Manny's catchweight demand. Cotto has the power to make his own decisions now that Bob doesn't control him.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!

Last edited by WESS; 09-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
WESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 PM #238
beanstalk beanstalk is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 131
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
beanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond reputebeanstalk has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,708.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,708.65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESS View Post
Great post however I only disagree with your position on Pac "slipping". As a fan, that has followed him for a very long time but have disliked his WW run since 2009, Pac is exactly the same fighter he was back in 2008. The ONLY difference between then and now is his opposition. He looked better than expected vs subpar and beaten fighters like Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Once he starts fighting guys on winning streaks and or Champions in their own respected weight class, Pac doesn't look like the hyped fighter Bob Arum made him out to be. Which results to people saying he's slipping. I disagree, because he's not perfectly matched up style wise. Remember how he looked in 2008 vs JMM? Same thing happened in November 2011.

To say Pac is slipping is IMO false. He is still a great fighter, the problem is, he hasn't had that perfect opponent to make him look better than he really is. Ironically, this is main reason Bob Arum and Pac demanded to rematch Cotto at a catchweight. They desperately need that "look good" fight. Once he has this, the "pac is slipping" talk will disappear. Just like when he looked bad vs JMM in 2008 but ko'ed Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto, he was now all of a sudden great again. Then he fought JMM for a 3rd time and all of a sudden he's slipping.. No, he just needs those look good fights again.

To sum it up, the people that say "Pac is slipping", is just their own way of justifying why Pac gets beaten by Floyd. In the end, nothings changed from 2008 to now, other than Pac's opposition that he is looking to recycle to look good like he did vs Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. At least Cotto said no to Manny's catchweight demand. Cotto has the power to make his own decisions now that Bob doesn't control him.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!
this is right. styles makes fight for Pac and this is already a very proven fact .. even floyd does not look always that good when matched up with fighters that makes him bit uncomfortable like Cotto, Castillo, & dela Hoya..

But this doesn't take away the fact that Pac and Floyd are both great in almost the same level.. It's not even a coincidence that the only fighters that gave them troubles happens to be Great fighters too.
beanstalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:45 PM #239
ADP02 ADP02 is offline
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,360
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Rep Power: 40
ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,330,255.85
Bank: 276,373,814,742,989.12
Total Points: 276,384,815,073,244.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemac View Post
Hey Everyone, hows everyone doing?

Special salutations to poster ADP02.
Good day LittleMac ....
ADP02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM #240
Prince_Pugilist Prince_Pugilist is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 774
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Prince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,044,585.27
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,044,585.27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBat View Post
Welcome to the Scene, Double P.

Around these parts you can expect to have your green karma dot turning into a red drop and then a trail of a woman's menstrual period for picking Floyd over Manny.

Save yourself. Try not to choose sides.

Good post, BTW.

And yeah, I'm not gona choose sides, mega fans for both guys go mad, it's not worth the hassle. I'm just upset that one of the best and most competitive fights of all time will now be made when both guys are slightly past their best

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESS View Post
Great post however I only disagree with your position on Pac "slipping". As a fan, that has followed him for a very long time but have disliked his WW run since 2009, Pac is exactly the same fighter he was back in 2008. The ONLY difference between then and now is his opposition. He looked better than expected vs subpar and beaten fighters like Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. Once he starts fighting guys on winning streaks and or Champions in their own respected weight class, Pac doesn't look like the hyped fighter Bob Arum made him out to be. Which results to people saying he's slipping. I disagree, because he's not perfectly matched up style wise. Remember how he looked in 2008 vs JMM? Same thing happened in November 2011.

To say Pac is slipping is IMO false. He is still a great fighter, the problem is, he hasn't had that perfect opponent to make him look better than he really is. Ironically, this is main reason Bob Arum and Pac demanded to rematch Cotto at a catchweight. They desperately need that "look good" fight. Once he has this, the "pac is slipping" talk will disappear. Just like when he looked bad vs JMM in 2008 but ko'ed Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto, he was now all of a sudden great again. Then he fought JMM for a 3rd time and all of a sudden he's slipping.. No, he just needs those look good fights again.

To sum it up, the people that say "Pac is slipping", is just their own way of justifying why Pac gets beaten by Floyd. In the end, nothings changed from 2008 to now, other than Pac's opposition that he is looking to recycle to look good like he did vs Diaz, Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. At least Cotto said no to Manny's catchweight demand. Cotto has the power to make his own decisions now that Bob doesn't control him.

Anyhow, welcome to the site!
Thanks, glad to be here.

You've said a lot but I'll try to reply to what I think is your main theme, that Pac just isn't as good as people said he was/is (that's what I think you're saying, I might be wrong).

For me, Pac is, along with Hopkins, the best fighter of the last 10 years or so.
Going over the JMM/Pac trilogy I'd say Pac did miles better in their first 2 fights than he did in the 3rd fight. I might be in the minority but I had Pac winning the second fight and winning the first one too by a razor thin margin, I just don't buy into those who say JMM won the first contest.

In both those fights, Pac actually stunned JMM, multiple times, with his power, something he couldn't do even once in their third meeting. Maybe JMM is stronger at the higher weight but I think it's because Manny was simply unwilling to pull the trigger. He was visibly slower and didn't throw as often as we are accustomed to. And I don't think it's because Marquez is a boxer and Manny fought sluggers/weight drained fighters as many claim, Pac has fought this exact same boxer two times previously and been miles more aggressive, faster, harder and more dynamic both times.

Pac also showed that he was reluctant to press the attack many times against Mosley and Margarito. This wasn't because either guy posed a threat, it's just that I think Manny doesn't have the same 12 round energy levels he did years ago. He evened showed compassion to Margarito, whereas the old Manny would have pressed the action till there was a stoppage without even bothering to look at the ref.

Not only has Manny slipped physically, mentally he just doesn't want it as much as he did when he was that skinny Fillipino kid on the rise.
Prince_Pugilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
"whatever, 55/45, boxing, crunch, dictate, discussion, disputes, doesn't, ellerbe, feel, fight, floyd, he(floyd)wants...no, hearing, koncz, manager, manny, manny's, master, mayweather, mayweather/pac, night, numbers, offer, pac, pacquiao, pacquiao steriods, pacquiao's, pacquiao?, place, problem., question, reborn!, signed?, takes, talk, terms.”, thread, time

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.