Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-28-2012, 01:07 PM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 249,022.90
For Keepin It Real - SERVILEV 
Default Tennis Star Andy Murray opens up about his passion and love for Boxing

August 28, 2012, 1:42 AM1 Comment
U.S. Open: Andy Murray on His Passion For Boxing
By GREG BISHOP
Andy Murray toppled Alex Bogomolov Jr., 6-2, 6-4, 6-1, in the first round of the United States Open on Monday, although Murray did struggle some with the wind and dehydration. Afterward, in his regular Q. and A. with Straight Sets, Murray discussed his other favorite sport.

Al Bello/Getty Images
Andy Murray after match point against Alex Bogomolov Jr. at the United States Open on Monday.
Q. Tell us about the first boxing match you watched.

A. I went live when I was like 13. I went to see Audley Harrison fight in Scotland. I wasnít into boxing that much. Iíd watched a little bit on TV, Lennox Lewisand guys like that. But then when it went live, I got hooked, straightaway. That was it. Since then Iíve watched everything from British level all the way to world level.

Q. That first fight, what was the venue like?

A. It was small. We actually walked into the venue and a guy who had just been knocked out was walking past us in the hallway. Then we just went and sat down. It was obviously a different crowd than you get at the tennis tournaments. It wasnít, I mean, I wasnít interested so much in that, it was just more the adrenaline rush you get from being that close to a live fight.

Q. What hooked you that quickly?

A. It was all fights. When you watch on TV, you think thereís times in the fight where they may be like farther apart, like thereís a bit of space. But theyíre so close to each other. The whole fight is so intense. Any mistake is punished. You can get yourself badly hurt. I was just focused for every single fight. I didnít want to miss anything.

Q. Who are some of your favorite fighters?

A. I like watching Joe Calzaghe. The British guys, I liked him. I know David Haye well. I do enjoy watching him. I think heís exciting to watch. And then, I mean, I like Floyd Mayweather Jr. For me, heís the best. I like watching him. Someone like Mayweather, you can enjoy how easy they make it look, and how the fights donít appear that tough. But then you can also watch, even fights just on undercards, where guys just like hate each other, and theyíre trying to take each otherís heads off. That can be as entertaining.

Q. Who is Mayweatherís tennis player counterpart?

A. I donít know, actually. I donít know. I know Manny Pacquiao would definitely be Rafael Nadal. That would be a definite. Theyíre both lefty, unbelievable energy, fast, powerful.

Q. What other boxers remind you of certain players?

A. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Muhammad Ali. Thatís more of a look-alike thing.

Q. What parallels do you see between the sports?

A. The tactics. Itís a bit different in tennis, because I can play one guy today and a different guy tomorrow. In boxing, they obviously have a long way to prepare. But it is the same in that you have to find weaknesses in your opponent. You hit the ball in certain spots, where you might not be hitting to the weakness initially, but youíre trying to figure out ways of hurting them, putting them in positions that make them feel uncomfortable. You can choose whether to defend or attack. Any mistake, especially at the highest level, does get punished.

Q. Who do you like if Mayweather and Pacquiao ever fought?

A. I think Mayweather would win. I mean, a few years ago, maybe not. Iíd love to see the fight. When you see how much trouble he had with Juan Manuel Marquez. Mayweather is better defensively. Heís quicker. I think Mayweather wins.

Q. What about Amir Khan? You guys must have come up around the same time in British sports.

A. I met him a couple of times when we were younger. I mean, heís very exciting to watch. Heís had a couple tough losses. He obviously loves to fight, and I donít think thatís his strength. Heís an unbelievable boxer, technically. Very good, very quick, very fast. But he does seem to get into brawls a bit too often.

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...on-for-boxing/
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Juof
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Juof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond reputeJuof has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,931,907,113,736.38
Total Points: 13,932,257,283,328.17
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 No Message - jamiegeorge91 
here bro! I'll start off your next row. - jose830 you only need 3 more now to complete your gifts. I got you. - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey No Message - codey 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jamiegeorge91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jamiegeorge91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jamiegeorge91 

Andy Murray is the zab Judah of tennis so many chances so many defeats jk
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
hectari
Racist Floyd Fans Hate Me

Rep Power: 5840 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,954,203,966,478.82
Total Points: 16,955,204,363,776.67
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
Andy Murray is the zab Judah of tennis so many chances so many defeats jk
lol Zab quits in fights, Andy doesn't quit in Tennis or give up.

I think maybe Andy Murrary and Rocky Juarez? so many chances on the big stage but comes up short.

And a lot of sports players compare Nadal and Pacquiao. I take it Nadal isn't really technical or graceful on the court but just pure aggression.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 63 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,258,013,754.56
Total Points: 50,156,595,959,242.51
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Never would have picked Murray as a fight fan.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
HughJass
420 Boxingscene

Rep Power: 32 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,140,257.03
Total Points: 213,140,222,798,140.47
Victory is indeed sweet! Drink up, my Rigotard brother! - CubanGuyNYC Victory is indeed sweet! Drink up, my Rigotard brother! - CubanGuyNYC super fight war chacal :boxing: - jose830 for a good man - jazluvr Cheers homie! - jose830 
No Message - Mr Ehrmantraut Just learned gifts, long over-due, this is for your munchies! - RightJab Happy 4th to you too, bro! - jazluvr BS Bday! :fing02: - jose830 Happy B-Day! - Oasis_Lad 
Happy e-b-day man. Have fun finding your g-spot with that thing. - Fistic Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Have a beer filled with my semen - led* Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer as they dont sell reefers in the shop lol - chav 
For what the cunts will do on here. It will be like Inception and Matrix. We are Cunts! - Master Cvnt Welcome back my Ninja! - jose830 thanks man. - RightJab Thanks for the birthday pm homie it's greatly Appreciate it :beerchug: - jose830 lol - -jose- 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

im sure murray was texting or speaking to haye 1 or 2 wimbledons ago to get mentally stronger if anyone could correct me or find the story
Old 08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
-Johannes-
Tornadito de Tijuana

Rep Power: 13 -Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute-Johannes- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 659,394,048.16
Total Points: 45,859,362,511.10
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un cafesito - Cleto_Reyes Happy New Year. - Round 1 here's a gift.. - chiguy91 here's another one... - chiguy91 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks - Daniel Alpha I'm out of green Here's a burger doe! - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - chiguy91 

Quick someone figure out a way to send Murray some red K
Old 08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
#1Assassin
Euro fighters are best

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,636,412,681.16
Total Points: 13,720,667,359.58
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 

he visited haye in the gym when he was training for a fight. wlad i think, maybe ruiz. i know it was in miami and haye was still HW titlist at the time.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
pbftxrs316
Ellerbe's bum cleaner

Rep Power: 0 pbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these partspbftxrs316 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 209,129,579.74
Total Points: 209,250,876.53

what i don't understand is how people can make claims that a few years ago, manny would have beaten floyd---why can't they get it?

read this carefully

IN NO YEAR WOULD MANNY PACQUIAO EVER COME CLOSE TO DEFEATING FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. IT'S NOT EVEN A FAIR FIGHT. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A MISMATCH AND FLOYD WOULD DEFEAT MANNY IN EASY AND DOMINATING FASHION.

KUDOS TO MURRAY FOR BEING A FIGHT FAN. HE SEEMS LIKE A CLASS ACT. I FELT BAD FOR HIM WHEN HE LOST TO FEDERER A FEW YEARS BACK AND HE CRIED ON NATIONAL TV. I CHOKED UP A BIT BECAUSE HE PLAYED HIS ASS OFF TO BEAT THE GUY AND HE WAS JUST OUTCLASSED. HE'S A TRUE CHAMPION THOUGH AND HAS A HEART OF GOLD IF YOU ASK ME.