Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 PM
OlympicGlory
Banned

Rep Power: 0 OlympicGlory will become famous soon enoughOlympicGlory will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,029,765.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sandman View Post
I believe Roger Mayweather is one of the best trainers. And not simply because he trains Floyd. Sure, he doesn't train a lot of world champions and whatever dumb sh*t people like to focus on. But he's not about that. He's not about the fame and being world known. He is strictly boxing. He trains a lot of kids. They say that if you can train a kid how to box, than you can train anyone. Kids are one of hardest people to train because they have no discipline and they have a hard time understanding the science of boxing. And his mitt work is very effective. A lot of trainers focus on offense when it comes to mitt work. But Roger's mitt work focuses a lot on defense, counters and punch selections. I don't think a lot of trainers can make use of their mitt work like that.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of times, when I spar, my trainer would tell me so many different things at once. Move to his left, counter his jabs, work the body. When it comes time to box, I was thinking too much and didn't get to do any of that. All that should have been told before the fight I believe. I think on fight night, trainers should just keep it short and simple. Don't confuse the fighters. Maybe it's just that Roger isn't the best speaker, but what I like about him is that he keeps it short and simple.
A proven trainer takes fighters to the top, or has fighter who are at the top. FMJ can basically train himself because he is that great at boxing.

Some fighters get more than others, and maybe your trainer has to tell you a few things because that's what you are doing wrong. Mayweather rarely does things wrong, but also, Roger has rarely got in a situation where Floyd is in trouble. Castillo was beating Floyd down to the body in the first fight, and Roger told him to basically to and fight to to toe, which IMO made it worse because Castillo was hitting him, even if there was an injury. I am not sure if he gave good advice in the Cotto fight as well, because tactically that played into Cotto's hands.

I have seen the padwork done on Kids on YouTube, and it's pretty good for some speed, but IMO it doesn't really make you defensive. It's a set routine that he will do with one kid, jump to the next and they all repeat and then do a full cycle and do it again. Defense is about footwork and body/head movement, which you should try and practice in sparring more than anything.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-16-2012, 10:18 PM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 780,439,196,737.39
Total Points: 795,609,247,166.27
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

his other fighters get beat all the time, the only successful fighter he has is lil floyd, floyd sr is right roger only doin the maintenance on him
Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Malius
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Malius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond reputeMalius has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,796.46

So Enzo Calzaghe = or > than Roger? If we doing undefeated fighters trainer. how about Sven Ottkes trainer
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 PM
-Hyperion-
The Best And Fastest Ride

Rep Power: 101 -Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 163,115,076,179,160.84
Total Points: 163,115,101,907,935.75
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - Dorian Awesome man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Pacman deserves more! :p lol - Dorian Happy 18th Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Props on the sig homie! Gracias! - Puas Juan Manuel Lopez sig! - DWiens421 My Superman! Thanxs - L.E.X Immediate payment of ONE MILLIONK.... Winky looked good all things considered, Im still a fan of his... good fight. - reedickyaluss have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead 
Swine Flu? - DWiens421 For Those Points You Gave Me Lad! Yadadamean? P.s. PBF is Going to KTFO JMM! - Flawlezz Zombie Jesus told me to give you this gift... LMAO - ABOSWORTH Your incredible with the sigs man. i don't know how u do it. - Truth You're The Best! - ProfessionalLoc 
40 Oz &amp;amp; Chronic - Loccy Professional Pie - Loccy Professional Lollipop - Loccy To The ATG P4P Sig Maker On Boxing Scene...Much Appreciated And Thank You :) - BritishBoxing92 Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

thread fail.....
Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 AM
roosty
Up and Comer

Total Points: 5,480.57

More of an underrated boxer than trainer I'd say
Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 AM
DAN916
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 DAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 194,040,168,728.21
Total Points: 194,040,199,223.22
No Message - DAN916 Awwwwwww :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - DAN916 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DAN916 

Floyds dad taught him how to fight and thats that.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:59 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 62 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,294,630,901,310.54
Total Points: 12,295,641,882,771.45
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sandman View Post
I believe Roger Mayweather is one of the best trainers. And not simply because he trains Floyd. Sure, he doesn't train a lot of world champions and whatever dumb sh*t people like to focus on. But he's not about that. He's not about the fame and being world known. He is strictly boxing. He trains a lot of kids. They say that if you can train a kid how to box, than you can train anyone. Kids are one of hardest people to train because they have no discipline and they have a hard time understanding the science of boxing. And his mitt work is very effective. A lot of trainers focus on offense when it comes to mitt work. But Roger's mitt work focuses a lot on defense, counters and punch selections. I don't think a lot of trainers can make use of their mitt work like that.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of times, when I spar, my trainer would tell me so many different things at once. Move to his left, counter his jabs, work the body. When it comes time to box, I was thinking too much and didn't get to do any of that. All that should have been told before the fight I believe. I think on fight night, trainers should just keep it short and simple. Don't confuse the fighters. Maybe it's just that Roger isn't the best speaker, but what I like about him is that he keeps it short and simple.
The proof is in the numbers. How many world champions has he created? How many has he trained to a championship?