Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM
MJ406
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 MJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 109,163.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Why are cigarettes even legal??they do nothing good and only cause death??Weed atleast is a medicine
unfortunately Tobacco is a very big selling cash crop ... thus the popularity and availability

I also think cigarettes are a complete waste and serve next to no purpose

an addictive product that slowly deteriorates your health

**plus I just hate the smell of cigarette smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
I should point out that I'm in favour of legalising weed (and all drugs) but that
just wondering why you're in favor of legalizing all drugs? IMO at first and especially in America that would appear to be a terrible idea

because it gives instant gratification, and the idea of want want want

but then again, with all drugs legal it takes that negative stigma away of certain drug being seen as illegal

^ but to me, that'd kind of take away a lot of the fun, particularly from drinking

going to bars and seeing the occasional snotty 18-19 year old act out because he drank too much

plus if I was in HS at the time and going to a party, much of the appeal of going to parties.. aside from the social aspect it's the idea that you're doing something illegal

with the drinking age at 18, that'd remove some of the fun from it.

and judging from some of the comments on the board, below has been shown to be true

"People who smoke weed have a tedious habit of telling everyone how great weed is and how alcohol is so horribly bad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc9979 View Post
They should legalize it and tax the crap out of it.
^ now that'd be kinda funny IMO. But honestly if weed is legalized, something really needs to be done against tobacco

I've heard people complain about the smell of weed, but cigarettes are pretty awful smelling as well. Plus I'm a bit tired of all the second hand smoke
Old 08-07-2012, 05:18 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2.15
Total Points: 2,140,326,060,900.19
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ406 View Post
unfortunately Tobacco is a very big selling cash crop ... thus the popularity and availability

I also think cigarettes are a complete waste and serve next to no purpose

an addictive product that slowly deteriorates your health

**plus I just hate the smell of cigarette smoke

just wondering why you're in favor of legalizing all drugs? IMO at first and especially in America that would appear to be a terrible idea

because it gives instant gratification, and the idea of want want want

but then again, with all drugs legal it takes that negative stigma away of certain drug being seen as illegal

^ but to me, that'd kind of take away a lot of the fun, particularly from drinking

going to bars and seeing the occasional snotty 18-19 year old act out because he drank too much

plus if I was in HS at the time and going to a party, much of the appeal of going to parties.. aside from the social aspect it's the idea that you're doing something illegal

with the drinking age at 18, that'd remove some of the fun from it.
Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients. They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM
The Dreamer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 The Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,016,610.09
Total Points: 100,008,935,241.12

It's funny when all the weed smokers say they should legalize and tax it without thinking of the implications. They think everything would be the same and they could go down to their dealer and pick up the same stuff they've always gotten, but legal now.

Except for the fact that it would most likely be legalized, corporatized, monopolized, regulated, diluted, and the same people that were shouting for it to be legalized would be complaining about taxes and reminiscing about how things were better before it was legalized. Be careful what you wish for.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,731,268.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients. They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.

you're looking at it in fair terms, but i dont think you've got a full understanding of the character of drug or alcohol users.

most drug use is not viewed in that sense. people don't think that they're doing wrong. they dont believe they are sick. they live largely normal lives.
certain drugs in moderation (coffee, alcohol, marijuana,) are next to harmless.

it sounds like you've developed strong opinions on the subject, which is fine. but how much do you really know about drug users? do you really understand them? and how did you learn about them?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:48 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
you're looking at it in fair terms, but i dont think you've got a full understanding of the character of drug or alcohol users.

most drug use is not viewed in that sense. people don't think that they're doing wrong. they dont believe they are sick. they live largely normal lives.
certain drugs in moderation (coffee, alcohol, marijuana,) are next to harmless.

it sounds like you've developed strong opinions on the subject, which is fine. but how much do you really know about drug users? do you really understand them? and how did you learn about them?
Some drug users develop problems. Some drug users do not. But both the drug users who need help and the ones who don't are turned into criminals because an arbitrary set of substances are deemed to be against the law.

Legalising drugs removes the principle barrier that stops problem drug users from seeking help with their addiction and also removes the principle means of income from the criminal fraternity.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 PM
MJ406
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 MJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ406 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 109,163.02

Quote:
Legalise, tax, restrict and put the proceeds of taxation into treatment for addicts. Frankly drugs addicts are treated like criminals and not like patients They should be treated like patients and helped to stop using drugs if they want to.
I could dig that, but for some really addictive drugs (cocaine) you have to be careful because some big time addicts fiend for that stuff, and the restricting bit might not fly too well with them

"deemed to be against the law."

and that might be true, but lets say all drugs are legal now, I could still see someone getting desperate enough to kill someone else for drugs

^ hopefully those crimes won't be in the majority, but IMO it's still a cause for concern.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ406 View Post
I could dig that, but for some really addictive drugs (cocaine) you have to be careful because some big time addicts fiend for that stuff, and the restricting bit might not fly too well with them
It's already restricted because it's illegal. It would be restricted availability in the same way that alcohol and tobacco are restricted. And those people could be provided with treatment.

By the way currently drug addiction can be considered a mitigating circumstance when sentencing for related crime. In my world it would not be. The penalty for crimes committed under the influence of drugs would be higher, drug use would be an aggravating factor. But you can only declare drugs aggravating if you have treatment plans fully available.

Quote:
"deemed to be against the law."

and that might be true, but lets say all drugs are legal now, I could still see someone getting desperate enough to kill someone else for drugs
Wow, you're absolutely right. That would never happen if drugs were illegal.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM
D4thincarnation
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 D4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond reputeD4thincarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,246,755,980,480,440.00
Total Points: 42,246,755,980,521,904.00
for creating a cool thread - mathed No Message - Tha_Greatest Cheers bro - dan_cov Euro 2012 - Top goalscorer winner! - Fury some pie for an atg - sugarsmosley 
For the prediction competition - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Money View Post
Alcohol is worse than weed in every way....

People even differentiate getting "drunk" with getting "high" like alcohol is not a drug lol.

When you're drunk, you turn into an idiot version of yourself, and you can't function normally on anything you do.

When you're high on weed, you just see things differently, or you block out bad thoughts. You can do everything you normally do as long as you don't couch lock yourself. And sometimes you function even more efficiently because you notice things you didn't notice before.

And then weed is not addictive, harmful to your health, or has any withdrawal side effects.. unlike alcohol.

They can criticize them fine.

For one they are breaking the law (In pretty much all countries) and drinking alcohol is not breaking the law.

When you drink, you don't have to get drunk, when you smoke you have to get high.

You act like a fool when high and should not operate heavy machinery, drive or do anything that requires intellectual thought, reactions or motor skills.

It is addictive and it is harmful to your health.

It also makes those around you breathe in your harmful fumes, drinking does do that.

See it's quite easy to criticize.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xweetie View Post
I havnt read the rest of y'all comments but weed illegal, beer isnt And why do either? dont you guys get some P----? Girls dont go to nightclub for dancing....
You must be high right now.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
the_ilest
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 the_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 857,387,931.31
Total Points: 112,862,422,190.13
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! a sammich made just for u - sugarsmosley 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey 

alcohol legal, weed is illegal, therefore you can criticize. in the same manner driving drunk is illegal, driving sober is legal, therefore, it is ok to criticize.