Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,705,822,350.92
Total Points: 2,705,943,040.66
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! "GFs and Boxing" - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Exclamation 50 Cent Now a Boxing Promoter, Expected to Sign Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell.

In what I think is a genuinely interesting piece of news, rapper and actor Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is now a licensed boxing promoter, and has founded TMT Promotions, which is already good to go in New York and is in the process of being licensed in Nevada, according to Chris Mannix.

What makes it really interesting is that 50 Cent is expected to sign two legitimate, notable, high-end fighters in Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell. Both fighters have had recent connections to the Mayweather camp, and have trained in Mayweather's Vegas gym.

Earlier this year, Gamboa, considered the world's top featherweight, bailed on a fight against Brandon Rios, which many sources said was due to influence from the Mayweather team, though this was never "confirmed," really. He was part of Floyd's entourage for the Miguel Cotto fight in May.

In late June, Top Rank and Gamboa came to an agreement, with Top Rank dropping their lawsuit against him and the two sides mutually parting ways.

Dirrell, a top super middleweight, dumped promoter Gary Shaw and Al Haymon earlier this year, and made claims that he was ready to go on his own. That has led to nothing, as I expected, because Dirrell isn't a draw or all that well-known a fighter, despite being highly skilled. He needs a promoter, and it looks like he's found one.

This could all fail gloriously, but they said that about Golden Boy Promotions, too. Whatever you might think of 50 Cent, the guy's made a lot of money, and he's also not just a Mayweather flunky -- he has reportedly been interested in doing this for some time, and is now making the leap. I say best of luck to him. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. It's already more legit than Mayweather Promotions has ever been.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/7/20...oa-boxing-news

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/07/20/...iorkis-gamboa/

The platinum selling artist, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has founded TMT Promotions short for "The Money Team" which has been licensed in New York and, according to Nevada state athletic commissioner Keith Kizer, is in the process of applying for a license in Nevada.

UPDATE: The name of 50's new company is TMT, short for The Money Team.

As a former amateur boxer himself, 50 has a keen eye for talent. He has already signed gold medalist and former featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa and middleweight, and former Olympic medalist Andre Dirrell.

Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-21-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Typo in thread title...please change
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Simply Zyzz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Simply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these partsSimply Zyzz is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 121,820.12

Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 PM
danceswithfire
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 danceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,052,382.54

whats it called" 50 cent promotions"?....
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Atreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond reputeAtreyu Khalil has a reputation beyond repute
making pactards bow down - I'm so sorry Cheers to you, my good sir! - CubanGuyNYC Reppin that Yay!! - LoadedWraps Back at cha! - EdMon917 some popcorn in. return - jose830 
to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
50 is making moves.....
Old 07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

to wash that popcorn down - jose830 thanks for the gifts... - jose830 Great thread, bro! &quot;GFs and Boxing&quot; - CubanGuyNYC No problem good thread - FirePunch Keep the Ownage up! - Cash Cow 
Cheers! - dan_cov 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithfire View Post
whats it called" 50 cent promotions"?....
The platinum selling artist, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, has founded TMT Promotions short for The Money Team which has been licensed in New York and, according to Nevada state athletic commissioner Keith Kizer, is in the process of applying for a license in Nevada.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Cupo303
Stevenson is neXt

Rep Power: 40 Cupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,756,242,552,570.44
Total Points: 15,821,419,645,408.62
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. one of the best - sugarsmosley 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 

If he puts time into it, it could work.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 PM
timboslice708
Banned

Rep Power: 0 timboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,048,243.78

This sounds awesome, but will he somehow have the Golden Boy connection??? Otherwise, this really can fail miserably. At the same time, 50 cent's name alone, can probably bring a few extra fans.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM
timboslice708
Banned

Rep Power: 0 timboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond reputetimboslice708 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,048,243.78

Fitty better not mess up my dude Gamboa's career.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice708 View Post
This sounds awesome, but will he somehow have the Golden Boy connection??? Otherwise, this really can fail miserably. At the same time, 50 cent's name alone, can probably bring a few extra fans.
Yes I'm sure he will have the golden boy connection....
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Atreyu Khalil
Banned

Cheers! - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice708 View Post
Fitty better not mess up my dude Gamboa's career.
I believe there are a lot of Cubans in ny