Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
DrewWoodside
Lifestyle..Regular!

Rep Power: 31 DrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond reputeDrewWoodside has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,309,905,249.56
Total Points: 1,320,243,543.87
your gift shelf looks empty...lets add some liquor - Makavelli pinoys arent allowed to just drink and give one beer...here's one more - Makavelli 3 beers are better than 2 - Makavelli and 4 is better than 3 - Makavelli more beer - Makavelli 
Something to snack on while you watch it all go down. - danny711 
Default Andy Lee was the worst thing that could happen to Chavez Jr.

Andy lee has a:

- Big enough name to command attention and credibility.

- Strong enough chin that he was able to allow Chavez Jr to show off his full arsenal over several rounds.

- Big heart/pride that would cause him to fight bravely until the very end.(allowing for an eventful stoppage instead of the lesser fighter defensively fighting scared)

- Good enough punch that would gain Chavez Jr credit to his chin.(despite not consistently landing clean)

- Mediocre endurance and mobility allowing Chavez Jr. to look comparatively and relatively fast.

The perfect matchup for the superior fighter to look better than he actually is.
Chavez Jr. has improved leaps and bounds over the fighter boxing circles scoffed at only a year or two ago. However nothing he or Martinez has done in recent fights changes the fact that Martinez is a P4P fighter and Chavez Jr is just a good champion.

Stopping Lee is what created the illusion that Chavez Jr is capable of beating, for some even knocking out Sergio Martinez. The reality is Martinez is going to school and seriously hurt Chavez Jr. And no, constantly displaying Chavez Sr. at press conferences will do nothing to help his son in the ring. Much has been done to prop up Chavez Jr.'s aura and image. Unfortunately for him, it won't be enough because he is massively outclassed by Martinez. Expect to see Martinez timing Chavez perfectly after a round or two and for Chavez to look confused and plodding. It's two of the best fighters in the division, so credit to them for cutting the bull**** and making the fight happen. Good luck to both men!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Primera
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Primera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 324,656,182,176.81
Total Points: 324,656,213,069.98
el primero............ - bigsmoothh mexicanos hasta la madre lol............... - bigsmoothh 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigsmoothh 

Not really, I've already known that Chavez Jr could outbox Martinez before the Lee fight.

Just watch.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 27 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,770,484,659,570.25
Total Points: 2,386,135,888,174.61
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

It is also the fight that cemented the idea that Chavez is a cheater with the refusing of the drug test and weighing gloves.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,058,965,835,060.74
Total Points: 1,062,709,075,258.46
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Andy Lee made Chavez Jr. people believe in their own hype. People forget that he fought fights that could've gone either way with 2 not even top 10 middleweights in Rubio and Zbik and somehow after beating another guy that's not top 10 but was easier style for him he's suddenly second best middleweight in the world . Good thing is Sergio is going to wake people up.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 58 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,999,783,350.29
have a happy and safe new years Mr. dan cov - jose830 Top bloke - Aztec Wanker Great Poster!!! - E.P.T. all aboard the rigo train!!! great poster. - Barnburner victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Dan the Man, the High Priest of the Cult of Rigo - CubanGuyNYC Cheers to you, my friend! Rigo rules! - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 Super BScene member! - jazluvr WAR GODtthysse!!!! - thuggery 
:beerchug: - jose830 thank you good sir - thuggery Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primera View Post
Not really, I've already known that Chavez Jr could outbox Martinez before the Lee fight.

Just watch.

You're not serious are you? Surely...
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Primera
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Primera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond repute
el primero............ - bigsmoothh mexicanos hasta la madre lol............... - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
You're not serious are you? Surely...
Would you like to place a bet? Every single one of your points against every single one of my points that Chavez Jr will beat Martinez.

He will break him down systematically. He will break him down mentally, and he will stop Martinez.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 87 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,321,248,430,534.06
Total Points: 5,331,309,906,974.92
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh heres another one.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko 
For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam 
No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 
Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 

Quote:

Just watch.
I wouldn't define walking forward and swinging for the fences outboxing... but each his own
Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,058,965,835,060.74
Total Points: 1,062,709,075,258.46
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Would you like to place a bet? Every single one of your points against every single one of my points that Chavez Jr will beat Martinez.

He will break him down systematically. He will break him down mentally, and he will stop Martinez.
I can take it, I have like 1.5 bilion in bets already, but I can bet the rest of what I have or will have at the time of the fight.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 58 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,999,783,350.29
have a happy and safe new years Mr. dan cov - jose830 Top bloke - Aztec Wanker Great Poster!!! - E.P.T. all aboard the rigo train!!! great poster. - Barnburner victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Dan the Man, the High Priest of the Cult of Rigo - CubanGuyNYC Cheers to you, my friend! Rigo rules! - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 Super BScene member! - jazluvr WAR GODtthysse!!!! - thuggery 
:beerchug: - jose830 thank you good sir - thuggery Thanks man - Jloro dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed 
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:

I'm not feeling 30/1 odds or whatever but I will offer you your 10bil to my 20bil that Sergio knocks his ass out.
KO/TKO, Chavez Jr won't hear the final bell.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Primera
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
I'm not feeling 30/1 odds or whatever but I will offer you your 10bil to my 20bil that Sergio knocks his ass out.
KO/TKO, Chavez Jr won't hear the final bell.
C'mon man, I didn't even bother to look at your points when I made the bet, I thought you had less than me. Shows that I don't care about odds, put em all on the line or nothing... Surely Martinez will win, right?