Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
DLT
DMV

Rep Power: 48 DLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 89,609,115,471.97
Total Points: 299,609,251,059.36
Most underated poster - El Dominicano Good poster... - Spacey1991 good poster - DuttyAlacrity Good poster - -Ash- heres to you homie - markbnlv 
one of my favs posters - Dambala Here's a beer for the hell of it, bro. - Libido Sanchez you're a cool dude - Mucus you're a good dude, thanks for the NBA stream site!! - Disposable Arts have some cake - MARKBNLV 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default The Real Roach Truth?

1st off I wanna say despite what many are now saying, Roach is a damn good trainer. He may not be the best & may be overhyped but he is still a top notch trainer. We live in the age where if you lose as a fighter or trainer then you are immediatly an overrated hypejob bum who was never any good and has now been exposed but if you are rational then you have to aknowledge the good.

With that being said, I dont want my next comment to be taken out of context. What Freddie Roach has accomplished as a trainer & in life while battling Parkinsons is truly amazing and he has been an inspiration to alot of people but there sadly comes a time where you simply cant overcome the disease the way you once did.

I think maybe that time has come for Roach. He's always saying how fighters need to retire but maybe he also needs to retire at a trainer or get more help. He's getting more help now then in the past but maybe he still needs more. If you really pay attention, I hate saying it but he's deteriorating.

Everytime I see him he looks worst. His speech, his physical apperance, and even his presence in the corner seems alot worse then it was a few years ago. I just dont know if he can handle the job anymore. If it was one guy then it would be one thing but he's trying to train a ton of guys who pretty much all want solo attention.

I dont want him to stop all together as it helps with his disease to be in the ring in the gym and be use movements but I think that his time at the world class level maybe has passed. IDK if I had an up & coming big time fighter if I would want to put him with Roach and the sad part is that he's only going to go even more downhill.

Again, sorry if this sounds negative about his disease or his person. Thats not my goal but I think people & Roach should start thinking about it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
devildg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 devildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 182.76
Total Points: 2,073,162.90

his mental state is probably not affected, only his speech. He has Parkinsons, not Alzheimers, and i agree its probably time to rethink his career. He's doing what he loves, but he could take a lesser role and still be involved in the sport in some capacity
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 723,426,673,382.22
Total Points: 724,427,691,755.20
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

His mental state is fine, but the thing is that you only get 1 minute to give instructions between rounds, and lately it seems that Roach has too many problems to give clear instructions to his fighter in that time.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
DLT
DMV

Rep Power: 48 DLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond repute
Most underated poster - El Dominicano Good poster... - Spacey1991 good poster - DuttyAlacrity Good poster - -Ash- heres to you homie - markbnlv 
one of my favs posters - Dambala Here's a beer for the hell of it, bro. - Libido Sanchez you're a cool dude - Mucus you're a good dude, thanks for the NBA stream site!! - Disposable Arts have some cake - MARKBNLV 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

yeah, I wasnt talking about his mind at all. I just meant that to me it looks like he's advancing to a higher stage of the disease. He doesnt look as good as in the past. He looks like he's decling in regards to the disease and I think he may be in trouble as a full time trainer to multiple guys at the elite level
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Sttag
Contender

Rep Power: 2 Sttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond reputeSttag has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,609,079,370,254.71
Total Points: 3,609,080,377,391.10

Roach is getting a lot of **** for something that was out of his control. Khan got into the exchanges blindly and Khan lost the fight. In fact, Khan looked exceptional when he didn't go retard by trying to rush Garcia without giving merit to his capabilities. This is all on Khan.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:56 PM
DLT
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sttag View Post
Roach is getting a lot of **** for something that was out of his control. Khan got into the exchanges blindly and Khan lost the fight. In fact, Khan looked exceptional when he didn't go retard by trying to rush Garcia without giving merit to his capabilities. This is all on Khan.
We dont know the exact game plan. Roach can say anything after the fact. You could also argue that Khan looked exceptional at times because he has exceptional talent. It doesnt necessarily have to do with Roach. Khan still does alot of amaturish stuff that a good trainer shouldve had a hold on by now.

Again, this isnt to bash Roach. I started of by saying that people are ripping Roach too much and he's clearly an elite trainer but IDK if he can continue to cut it at this level with multiple guys. I just dont see the same guy that I saw 4 years ago
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 14 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,169,120.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

I seen a video on youtube I think it was one of Elie Sechback video in which Robert Garcia talked about how fans are so quick to blame the Trainers

I don't really blame Freddie Roach for Danny Garcia knocking Khan Out...does Freddie Roach really have to tell Khan to get out of the way of Punches and to Protect Himself and Keep His Hands Up when the spend MONTHS Training to fight that way and training to keep you hands up

a lot of it is on KHAN...BUT I do feel that Roach works better with Certain fighters like...BRAWLERS! but working with athletic Boxers is not his strength, if guys are willing to pay Freddie Roach good money to come and train him he is not going to turn it down that is for sure
Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 28 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 227,582,648,178,736.62
Total Points: 227,582,648,185,650.97
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
I seen a video on youtube I think it was one of Elie Sechback video in which Robert Garcia talked about how fans are so quick to blame the Trainers

I don't really blame Freddie Roach for Danny Garcia knocking Khan Out...does Freddie Roach really have to tell Khan to get out of the way of Punches and to Protect Himself and Keep His Hands Up when the spend MONTHS Training to fight that way and training to keep you hands up

a lot of it is on KHAN...BUT I do feel that Roach works better with Certain fighters like...BRAWLERS! but working with athletic Boxers is not his strength, if guys are willing to pay Freddie Roach good money to come and train him he is not going to turn it down that is for sure
I agree to a certain extent. IMO it's on Khan for fighting the way he did, going out there reckless trying too hard to deliver on the KO he promised. On the other hand I still can't figure out how his trainer hasn't tried to correct him lunging in like he does with his chin over his lead foot. Dude has just been asking to get knocked out for the longest, and his footwork is just horrible. This is stuff even novice people seem to notice. For example: I was telling the wife about the fights on Sunday afternoon and she said she wanted to watch the Khan fight, so I put it on. During the fight even she was saying "Why does Khan just leap in like that? It reminds me of a street fight". How is Freddie Roach not seeing something like this? Khan's talent has always been his exceptional speed, but anybody in the gym will tell you that timing will beat speed and that's exactly what Garcia capitalized on.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 PM
noStylez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 noStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,962.21

Time to take a lesser role and bring up the new generation of trainers in.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 39 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,773,709,183,211.62
Total Points: 5,325,778,254,147.90
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

This aint his year thats for sure but I actually think it will inspire him to be better at his job. That said Pac lost, Amir lost, Vanes is gonna lose, Chavez is gonna lose.