Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,234,708,784,864,020.75
Total Points: 1,263,928,900,986,361.25
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
Who did Froch fight by the age of 25?
No one of note.

What's your point?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 890,457,791.54
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
No one of note.

What's your point?
We all know that Khan is not the sharpest tool in the box. Im pretty sure he would have meant at the same stage in their career.

By the age of 25 Khan has a solid resume, especially when compared to someone like Froch who at 25 had fought no one of note. Yes he has losses but of course if you fight better opp there's more chance you will suffer a few losses here and there.

You think by the age of 35 Khan will have fought tougher opp? This being a guy who always wants to fight the best and could have faced Bradley and JMM already by now aswell if it was up to him?
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,234,708,784,864,020.75
Total Points: 1,263,928,900,986,361.25
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
We all know that Khan is not the sharpest tool in the box. Im pretty sure he would have meant at the same stage in their career.

By the age of 25 Khan has a solid resume, especially when compared to someone like Froch who at 25 had fought no one of note. Yes he has losses but of course if you fight better opp there's more chance you will suffer a few losses here and there.

You think by the age of 35 Khan will have fought tougher opp? This being a guy who always wants to fight the best and could have faced Bradley and JMM already by now aswell if it was up to him?
No, he doesn't mean at stages in their careers. He means right now.

"I'm in the tougher division" What does that have to do with the stages in their careers?

He's talking about currently.

Which is why it's such a comical statement.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 890,457,791.54
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
No, he doesn't mean at stages in their careers. He means right now.

"I'm in the tougher division" What does that have to do with the stages in their careers?

He's talking about currently.

Which is why it's such a comical statement.
I meant the fought tougher opp part. Even if he didn't, still, it's unfair to compare the two of them when you look at where they are at in their careers.

I know Khan himself has said it but he must be ****ed off right now after Froch has sh1tted on him whilst he's down.

Khan has at least 10 years left in him. Froch has a couple of fights.

No doubt in my mind Khan will have faced tougher opp in his career by the time he retires compared to Froch.

Wether there gonna be W's or L's on his resume is another thing. One thing we do know for a fact is Khan wants to face the best, just like Froch.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 53 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468,004,515,629.75
Total Points: 1,714,004,689,387.36
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:

They have almost the same number of fights, Froch accomplished a lot more. Age don't mean shit.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
EdWins
Winning

Rep Power: 8 EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,246,240,784.50
Total Points: 8,701,311,658.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
''I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition'' = This ridiculous sh1t right here is why I hate A mere con, what a delusional, glass jawed ar5ewipe this ***** is.

Err what an annoying little runt.
x2 man, I've never liked this kid, and I was actually starting to feel a little bad for him but having read these quotes I see he still hasn't been humbled.

A bigger star than Froch?? How? Cuz ur ass is getting knocked out on HBO and not boxNation? smh

I would even pick Breidis to knock his ass out again
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,163,807.06
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
168 is a tougher division than 140.
Barely, if at all. 140 is losing some talent to 147, but look at the Ring top 10 at 168, it's lame:

Stieglitz at 2, probably one of the weakest no 2 in any div
Oosthuizen, a decent prospect with no top 15 wins, is 5
You got mediocre prospects like Groves, Rodrigues in top 10
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM
kill the body
Banned

Rep Power: 0 kill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond reputekill the body has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,606,497,057.44
Total Points: 2,607,145,851.45
drinks on me - kill the body No Message - kill the body black and white sigs, must know ur shit - Primera 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Taken from BBC Sport:

Amir Khan has dismissed suggestions that he should retire after losing his WBA light-welterweight title with a fourth-round defeat by Danny Garcia.
Khan also lost to Lamont Peterson in December and IBF super-middleweight world champion Carl Froch said his boxing career was now "a write-off".

But 25-year-old Bolton fighter told BBC Sport: "I'm not talking about retiring, I'm still young, I've got a lot in me.

"I'm still hungry and I'll come back a lot better and a lot stronger."

It was the third setback of Khan's career following a first-round knockout against Breidis Prescott in 2008 and the Peterson result.

Froch claimed that if he was in the same position as his compatriot, he would hang up his gloves .

But Khan responded: "Carl's always got his little things to say and I'll leave it to that really. If he wants to retire he can retire.

"I'm in a tougher division, I'm fighting better opposition and I'm a bigger name than him. That's what burns him really.

"People are going to say things after this fight but people said things after the Prescott fight and you see how I came back from there."
I guess he is still dizzy from Saturday cause this is a down right lie.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 36 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,204,926,098,070.78
Total Points: 32,210,926,649,031.10
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Stay behind the jab, safety first fighter and he can be a Welterweight Wladimir Klitschko.