Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Is the net to blame for to much hype?
Yes 4 57.14%
No 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2012, 04:47 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,902,220.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Default the internet and boxing hype

Do you think the internet is to blame for the crazy hype surrounding many fighters? Today everyone can express an opinion and the hard truth is most don't know what they're talking about. It gets worse because others echo these opinions and THEY don't know what they're talking about. Fighters are proclaimed the next great thing because they're flashy or have a good knockout on their record. Fighters need to get back to being developed and gaining experience before being unfairly touted as "the next great thing". Sadly I don't see this happening as the net is here to stay and promoters will continue to feed off gullible fans. As a whole I think boxing was much better off when a fighter actually had to prove himself before greatness was bestowed upon him. Just my to cents.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,935,846,894,069.24
Total Points: 3,181,847,121,605.34
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Nah when it comes to boxing, the medium that has the most influence on the fans is still television. Mainstream fans don't go on the internet to discuss boxing, they just tweet about it and watch some highlights on youtube. The real problem is those networks who keep trying to push certain fighters down our throats, they try so hard to create stars that they lost all objectivity, and when those fighters get exposed it makes them AND the networks look bad.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Nah when it comes to boxing, the medium that has the most influence on the fans is still television. Mainstream fans don't go on the internet to discuss boxing, they just tweet about it and watch some highlights on youtube. The real problem is those networks who keep trying to push certain fighters down our throats, they try so hard to create stars that they lost all objectivity, and when those fighters get exposed it makes them AND the networks look bad.

Thing is, television could never push a product if it wasn't being talked about by every person who thought they knew what they were talking about. They're just taking advantage of the situation. Very rarely before the internet were there fighters hyped for super stardom before actually accomplishing things against viable opponents. Ray Leonard was hyped from the word GO, but he still worked his way up and it panned out. Pete Radamacher was given a title shot in his pro debut after winning Olympic gold and it didn't. My point being.....fighters need time to develop and neither the inter or television for that matter are helping.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Panginoon
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Panginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond reputePanginoon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,966,493,356.78
Total Points: 47,966,613,346.70
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Telling the truth! - Money_May 

boxing needs internet exposure and hype.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 AM
JAB5239
Banned

To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panginoon View Post
boxing needs internet exposure and hype.
The sport as a whole does, not every fighter who shows some pizzazz or power though. That just leads to disappointment and ridicule.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,935,846,894,069.24
Total Points: 3,181,847,121,605.34
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

Thing is, television could never push a product if it wasn't being talked about by every person who thought they knew what they were talking about. They're just taking advantage of the situation. Very rarely before the internet were there fighters hyped for super stardom before actually accomplishing things against viable opponents. Ray Leonard was hyped from the word GO, but he still worked his way up and it panned out. Pete Radamacher was given a title shot in his pro debut after winning Olympic gold and it didn't. My point being.....fighters need time to develop and neither the inter or television for that matter are helping.
I think it's the other way around. Casuals see a guy on TV whoop on some bum, the commentators praise the guy, Casuals then go on the internet to watch other fights on youtube and leave comments like "Future P4P king". And then the hype train gets derailed. It all starts with TV. And most networks are on the net as well, they're taking advantage of the social networks to push their products to an even greater audience.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
JAB5239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
I think it's the other way around. Casuals see a guy on TV whoop on some bum, the commentators praise the guy, Casuals then go on the internet to watch other fights on youtube and leave comments like "Future P4P king". And then the hype train gets derailed. It all starts with TV. And most networks are on the net as well, they're taking advantage of the social networks to push their products to an even greater audience.
Of course it starts with TV, but the net lets it get taken to unrealistic levels. Khan is a perfect example. Before the net he would have just been a good young prospect with potential. Because of the net he was made into a false superstar EVEN after being previously exposed.

Last edited by JAB5239; 07-15-2012 at 03:02 PM.