Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM
brick wall
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 brick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond reputebrick wall has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,179,745,094,814,962.25
Total Points: 1,179,745,096,921,739.50
Autism - Lorily 

do you really expect hardcore floyd fans to downplay a floyd fight or a targeted matchup?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-15-2012, 01:54 PM
AP♠
JAB OPERATOR

Rep Power: 15 AP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond reputeAP♠ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,896,889,088,277.20
Total Points: 1,907,889,134,153.58
good man - jazluvr here you go bro - chiguy91 here's another one... - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 Cute girl in your avy - Cleto_Reyes 
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ - Hyper Knuckles 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

Im glad its finally all over for Khan's fan boys and i'm glad I got to see a good fight.I liked Khan in the beginning but then I started analyzing he was trying to do what Canelo is doing now,cutting in line for a Mayweather fight.Only difference is that Khan hasnt been spoonfed weak competition he's fought some good guys along the way but at the same time Mayweather is what Khan was only thinking about.Retiring at early age etc if he'd beat him.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,007,022.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
Now it should be easy to come up with one name Floyd should fight instead of Khan at 147 that isn't aligned with Top Rank, since you couldn't answer that before the fight care to now~
What are you on about?? If & when Devon beats Bailey, outside of Bradley, that is a better fight for Floyd than Khan, period.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
B Phontain
Contender

Rep Power: 4 B Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,855,166,432.19
Total Points: 160,858,689,702.74

I think im in the small minority that thought Garcia was gonna win (although admittedly i didnt when the fight was first announced) due to what i call the "khan syndrome" symptoms are as follows:

1. Roach comes out talking about a easy fight, easy k.o
2. khan starts talking about making examples of ______ (insert boxer here)
3. Khan starts talking about beating mayweather and seemingly forgets its not mayweather he's fighting.

He really needs to stop doing that and just stay focused. I think im also one of the few "floyd fans" who never liked the thought of a khan/floyd fight (unless khan proved himself worthy) I would have liked for khan to come up to ww and fight bradley first instead of following in bradleys footsteps.

As for Mayweather the ts logic sounds pretty good until u ask who is Mayweather supposed to fight (not under TP roster) then you hear crickets. Floyd has went to ww and fought all over from 140 -154 but oh lets forget the bigger fighters at 154. I think people are forgetting the fact that mayweather is relatively small and is in his 4th/5th weight class. Arum dont want the pac fight, floyd cant get a top rank fighter to fight soooooooo who should he fight. This is a really good question now considering the khan hype train just got derailed.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick wall View Post
do you really expect hardcore floyd fans to downplay a floyd fight or a targeted matchup?

You know me & how I feel about who the so called best fighters need to fight. Which is why I was stunned to see so many Floyd fans actually trying to justify Floyd fighting Khan, who is not a welterweight & apparently not even the best jr welterweight.

There are not many Floyd fans that aren't just as bad as Pacman fans, they are a piece of the same pie. When Bradley fought Pacman, most Pacman fans refused to acknowledge that the fight was close. (7-5 Pacman, for me.)
Just like the Floyd fans believing somehow that Floyd dominated Cotto. The exact same thing different fighter.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Phontain View Post
I think im in the small minority that thought Garcia was gonna win (although admittedly i didnt when the fight was first announced) due to what i call the "khan syndrome" symptoms are as follows:

1. Roach comes out talking about a easy fight, easy k.o
2. khan starts talking about making examples of ______ (insert boxer here)
3. Khan starts talking about beating mayweather and seemingly forgets its not mayweather he's fighting.

He really needs to stop doing that and just stay focused. I think im also one of the few "floyd fans" who never liked the thought of a khan/floyd fight (unless khan proved himself worthy) I would have liked for khan to come up to ww and fight bradley first instead of following in bradleys footsteps.

As for Mayweather the ts logic sounds pretty good until u ask who is Mayweather supposed to fight (not under TP roster) then you hear crickets. Floyd has went to ww and fought all over from 140 -154 but oh lets forget the bigger fighters at 154. I think people are forgetting the fact that mayweather is relatively small and is in his 4th/5th weight class. Arum dont want the pac fight, floyd cant get a top rank fighter to fight soooooooo who should he fight. This is a really good question now considering the khan hype train just got derailed.
The bold is a lie. I already said countless times that he could fight Alexander, if & when he beats Bailey. He is a golden boy fighter, is he not?? He's also far more proven than ginger.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
B Phontain
Contender

Rep Power: 4 B Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond reputeB Phontain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,855,166,432.19
Total Points: 160,858,689,702.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
What are you on about?? If & when Devon beats Bailey, outside of Bradley, that is a better fight for Floyd than Khan, period.
So Devon it is then (im gonna hold u to that). Is it just Devon right now out of the entire ww roster?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WESS View Post
Only the tards thought he was going to beat Floyd. I mean even Broner was saying Khan fights like an amateur. I say make Khan Broner in a grudge match! That is more of his level. However I wouldn't be surprised if lil Broner moved up and TKO/KO'ed him.
That is as far from the truth as you can get bro. It was floyd fans defending this proposed matchup.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Phontain View Post
So Devon it is then (im gonna hold u to that). Is it just Devon right now out of the entire ww roster?
For the moment, because you Floyd fans seem to think arum will not allow Bradley to fight Floyd. I happen to believe he would. Bradley & Pacman are 2 different fighters. Arum was content to have Pacman feast on no hopers & keep him away from Floyd. Bradley is a real fighter that will fight anyone, easy fight to make. Arum can take damn near all of Bradley's money who'll be content with 6/7 million & the chance to fight Floyd.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
purecyse
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 purecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,520.03
advice - THE_FORKLIFT 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
You know me & how I feel about who the so called best fighters need to fight. Which is why I was stunned to see so many Floyd fans actually trying to justify Floyd fighting Khan, who is not a welterweight & apparently not even the best jr welterweight.

There are not many Floyd fans that aren't just as bad as Pacman fans, they are a piece of the same pie. When Bradley fought Pacman, most Pacman fans refused to acknowledge that the fight was close. (7-5 Pacman, for me.)
Just like the Floyd fans believing somehow that Floyd dominated Cotto. The exact same thing different fighter.
You JUST said Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley would be better than fighting Amir Khan even though Khan would have been THE champion in the division Alexander and Bradley were just in last year.

A test fight in a division is all most fighters need and Khan's people did want that, if available.

Now, I don't agree with your scorecards but, I suspect there are few things we will agree on outside of an apparent love for boxing.

Face it, outside of Pacquiao, who Mayweather will now get criticized for fighting too late, there are no legit fights at 147. Just say that you would prefer Mayweather puts himself at a size disadvantage (and I'm sure we can all agree he will carry even less knockout potential up with him) and fights fighters at 154 and 160.