Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM
ChiTown2Diego
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 ChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond reputeChiTown2Diego has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,742,398.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
But please, don't make this about anything more than that. The fact the Rigo fight hasn't been made is because Rigo is a low reward- high risk fight. Out of all of the guys in the division Nonito is campaigning at, Rigo has the best, and very REAL chance of defeating Nonito. Period. If he was low reward, low risk (like the last 3 guys Nonito has fought), then Nonito most certainly would've been WBA Superbantamweight champion of the world by now.
Many on here are not intelligent enough, or too busy hanging on their man-crushes nutzsak to understand this simple concept you explained. These guys have trained, sacrificed and worked their aszes off for the majority of their lives. When they reach a certain level it makes sense to them to navigate through their career together with their management team in such a way where they can make the most $ with a solid focus on keeping that gravy train going. They all do it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Deevel916
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Deevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,421,180.03

I would love to see Donaire fight Rigo, but lets all be honest, who outside of us diehards have even heard of Ridondeaux, let alone know how to pronounce his name? Big risk with very little reward.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 29 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,107,971,999,928.49
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastrangelo View Post
HBO is showing Rigo on undercards, they would definitely take him rather than last 3 fighters that Nonito fought, even if them prefering Arce and Mares may be true
HBO has no control over PPV undercards since they don't pay for it. He stunk up his Pac underfight fight on HBO and stunk up his title fight on ESPN. Why would HBO have any interest in Rigo, especially with the obvious style clash? While he did much better against Kennedy recently and redeemed himself to a degree, that was after Mathebula was signed.

Quote:
And I find it ridiculous to talk about someone wanting too much money when he didn't even get to any negotiating.
How do you know that? Do you work for Top Rank? Bob Arum is both their promoters so obviously there has to have been some back and forth by now. If HBO really wanted Rigo, they could have simply forced Donaire to take Rigo over Vasquez and Mathebula. I also remember Nonito mentioned there was some negotiations with Rigo a while back and there was some money issues. Has rigo denied it?

Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-13-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,700,284,721,674.59
Total Points: 956,310,283,067,959.50
thanks for the fight...cheers! - joe strong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevel916 View Post
I would love to see Donaire fight Rigo, but lets all be honest, who outside of us diehards have even heard of Ridondeaux, let alone know how to pronounce his name? Big risk with very little reward.
Just look how many comments was there under some threads about Rigo and Donaire. Rigondeaux works on imagination already. He's not bigger name than Arce and Mares, but people do know him, they want to see that happening.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Deevel916
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Deevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond reputeDeevel916 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just look how many comments was there under some threads about Rigo and Donaire. Rigondeaux works on imagination already. He's not bigger name than Arce and Mares, but people do know him, they want to see that happening.
We know him. We follow boxing every single day. The casual fan has no idea who he is, what he looks like, or how to pronounce his name. Donaire himself isnt even a mainstream fighter that the casuals are familiar with as of yet. I would love to see the fight as a huge boxing fan but it makes zero business sense for Donaire who is on his way to becoming a star in the sport. Let Rigo get some exciting high profile fights under his belt then maybe it can go down.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Rep Power: 10 Mastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond reputeMastrangelo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
HBO has no control over PPV undercards since they don't pay for it. He stunk up his Pac underfight fight on HBO and stunk up his title fight on ESPN. Why would HBO have any interest in Rigo, especially with the obvious style clash? While he did better against Kennedy recently, that was after Mathebula was signed.
Sure they don't but he gets exposition that last 3 opponents never had. I'm not saying they'd rather show Rigo than Arce and Mares, but at this point, I'm confident that they would have more interest in Rigondeaux - Donaire fight than they had in Donaire - Narvaez, Donaire - Vazquez and Donaire - Mathebula fights when they were made. There's way more public damand for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
How do you know that? Do you work for Top Rank? Bob Arum is both their promoters so obviously there has to have been some back and forth by now. If HBO really wanted Rigo, they cold have simply forced Donaire to take Rigo over Vasquez and Mathebula. I also remember Nonito mentioned there was some negotiations with Rigo a while back and there was some money issues. Has rigo denied it?
HBO don't do that, there was some article about it some time ago. When they have fighter in longer relationship, they don't just put him in position to fight one particular guy or go away(Unless it's Martinez maybe who no-one cared about before he knocked Paul Williams out.). HBO is not forcing any fights for Nonito, does it mean they don't want any fights more than the others?
As for me working for Top Rank, thank god no! I heard that rumour about everyone asking for too much money from Donaire, but do you think if it was the case, wouldn't he say about it when he was asked about Rigondeaux? That's simple way to shut everyone around him up about Rigo. If he's not doing that, it makes me think there was never any negotiation. Simple logic.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Rhyme 4 Rhyme
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Rhyme 4 Rhyme will become famous soon enoughRhyme 4 Rhyme will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 9,138.57
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
"I don't care. Whoever's name is in that contract, that's who I'm fighting. I'll say 'this and this and that', I'll say 'hey I want to fight Mares', 'hey I want to fight Nishioka', they're going to take it in consideration, but they got to talk to the guys, and the guys that represent them, the networks and all that stuff.
Another Top-Rank hoe...
Old 07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Mastrangelo
Paul Williams beat Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevel916 View Post
We know him. We follow boxing every single day. The casual fan has no idea who he is, what he looks like, or how to pronounce his name. Donaire himself isnt even a mainstream fighter that the casuals are familiar with as of yet. I would love to see the fight as a huge boxing fan but it makes zero business sense for Donaire who is on his way to becoming a star in the sport. Let Rigo get some exciting high profile fights under his belt then maybe it can go down.
Donaire fight against Rigo would be second biggest fight of Nonitos career only behind Montiel. The fact that it's not big enough only shows how risky he feels Rigondeaux is. You're basically saying that it's ok to duck someone if he's not giving you best career payday. I don't buy it, it's shameful.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Deevel916
Undisputed Champion

Donaire took on Darchinian in his 17th pro fight. It took Chavez Jr about 45 fights before he fought someone with a pulse. It took Canelo 40 fights before he stepped in the ring with a shot to pieces SSM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Deevel916
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Donaire fight against Rigo would be second biggest fight of Nonitos career only behind Montiel. The fact that it's not big enough only shows how risky he feels Rigondeaux is. You're basically saying that it's ok to duck someone if he's not giving you best career payday. I don't buy it, it's shameful.

This is exactly what Floyd Mayweather does. No?

I'm not saying its ok to do, and yes it would be his 2nd biggest fight of his career. Now if Rigo was on the level as Donaire and Donaire was ducking him, I would call him out on it. Nobody aside from us diehard fans are calling for this fight. It's not beneficial from a business standpoint for the networks, the promoter, nor Donaire. Its not as if Donaire is being offered a career high payday for this bout and turned it down as other fighters have in the past.