Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: So who's better??
Obviously Chavez. 28 43.75%
For reasons I cannot specify ginger. 36 56.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 AM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,083,782,976,994.16
Total Points: 3,213,451,908,876.29
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Ortiz had absolutely no business fighting ginger.
Because he lost to Floyd Mayweather? Ortiz v Canelo made for a good fight and it is unfortunate that he got his jaw broken against Lopez.

I'm not a fan of either fighter but boxing fans are overly critical especially when they have an agenda ( If you're not trying to hype Chavez up to strengthen Martinez inevitable victory you have my apologies). At the end of the day before Ortiz fought Berto people were saying how Berto was picking on a Jr Welterweight who hadn't looked good in his previous fight etc. Ortiz put on a performance and earned his WBC strap.

He's in a similar position going into his fight with Canelo, truth be told I actually favored Ortiz in that match as he is a more proven fighter than Canelo. It is similar to Froch v Bute where individuals hyped Bute to win based on the fact that Froch lost to Ward ( Arguably the no. 1 pound for pound fighter) when Bute had done nothing.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 19,467,140,245,381.13
Total Points: 20,722,461,813,236.86
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFist View Post
Because he lost to Floyd Mayweather? Ortiz v Canelo made for a good fight and it is unfortunate that he got his jaw broken against Lopez.

I'm not a fan of either fighter but boxing fans are overly critical especially when they have an agenda ( If you're not trying to hype Chavez up to strengthen Martinez inevitable victory you have my apologies). At the end of the day before Ortiz fought Berto people were saying how Berto was picking on a Jr Welterweight who hadn't looked good in his previous fight etc. Ortiz put on a performance and earned his WBC strap.

He's in a similar position going into his fight with Canelo, truth be told I actually favored Ortiz in that match as he is a more proven fighter than Canelo. It is similar to Froch v Bute where individuals hyped Bute to win based on the fact that Froch lost to Ward ( Arguably the no. 1 pound for pound fighter) when Bute had done nothing.
If you think Martinez is gonna own Chavez jr, I think you're crazy bro. Real talk.

Ortiz has no business fighting ginger because Ortiz is a welterweight. I don't know if you've noticed but ginger hasn't fought any worthy ranked fighter in his own weight class.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by savorduhflavor View Post
Man, Canelo is clearly more skilled. It doesn't matter the competition.

You telling me that you can't say that Gary Russell Jr. is more skilled than Marcos Maidana because of the level of comp? That's crazy.

Canelo's offensive arsenal is extremely impressive. He throws every punch in the book and their textbook punches. Chavez has a good arsenal too, but he needs to get in close where Canelo can beat fighters from the outside. He also moves better than Chavez even though he doesn't move all that well. Canelo is just a sharper puncher, it's clear as day.
Russel jr/Maidana-Chavez/ginger is simply a horrible & I mean horrible comparo. Chavez & ginger are closer skillwise than Russel/Maidana.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:38 AM
purecyse
Contender

Rep Power: 6 purecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond reputepurecyse has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,229.77
advice - THE_FORKLIFT 

As previously stated, Canelo is much "better." He has the better boxing ability, hand-speed, footwork, upper-body movement, combination punching, understanding of his craft and appears to have more love for the game. He often seems to be out there trying new things in the heat of battle just to see the results.

People act like the boxing public wasn't literally screaming for Chavez to fight someone before it actually happened. It took him two or three fights to even step in the ring with Rubio and he done so in an event filled with shady business.

He stops Lee in that amatuer sparring ring after gaining an untold amount of weight again and eating punches with his face for several rounds and now he's that next guy? They are using his name to get him leverage while the WBC protects him and he finds ways to squeeze into the weight division on the scales.

He may beat Martinez after a mauling but it will be ALL weight advantage. If Martinez comes in ready to neutralize that in a professional sized ring, he beats Chavez up.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,083,782,976,994.16
Total Points: 3,213,451,908,876.29
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
If you think Martinez is gonna own Chavez jr, I think you're crazy bro. Real talk.

Ortiz has no business fighting ginger because Ortiz is a welterweight. I don't know if you've noticed but ginger hasn't fought any worthy ranked fighter in his own weight class.
The hypocrisy in your post is hilarious. Ortiz has no business fighting Canelo because he is a Welterweight? In terms of physical build Ortiz is much bigger than Pacquiao and Mayweather, boxers you have slated in the past for not moving up to 154lb or 160lb to fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I don't care if Ortiz is officially a Welterweight in terms of physical build he is similar in size to Canelo.

Also I have noticed those things about Canelo which is why I favored Ortiz chances in that fight ( Assuming he actually shows up). Anyway he was prepared to fight a ranked fighter in his division however something unfortunate happened.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFist View Post
The hypocrisy in your post is hilarious. Ortiz has no business fighting Canelo because he is a Welterweight? In terms of physical build Ortiz is much bigger than Pacquiao and Mayweather, boxers you have slated in the past for not moving up to 154lb or 160lb to fight Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez.

I don't care if Ortiz is officially a Welterweight in terms of physical build he is similar in size to Canelo.

Also I have noticed those things about Canelo which is why I favored Ortiz chances in that fight ( Assuming he actually shows up). Anyway he was prepared to fight a ranked fighter in his division however something unfortunate happened.
Fact check. If you can find anywhere where I said Pacman or Floyd should go to 160 & fight Martinez, I'll give you half of all my points.

The Punisher could fight at 147, either could have fought him at 147. Floyd, Pacman & Martinez has all owned titles at 154 & I've said they could fight there. You should not make up hypocritical conjure in your head & try to pass them off as fact.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,701,919,532,783.54
Total Points: 4,702,919,554,246.05
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Chavez has proven more than Alvarez
he's stepped up his level of comp lately
he's milked his name long enough, he's ready to get serious
GB is just slapping the star label on Alvarez and babying him
Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute2120 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,675,888.86
Total Points: 21,408,722,765.93
Be Joyful - Gift Giver Have some green :) - dancovboxer 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Childhood Cancer - S K I N 

based on who they fought i would say chavez jr is better

looking at there styles canelo is more technical and that may make it appear that he is the more effective fighter between the two

but who is canelo exactly out boxing to warrant the hype that he has the potential to get better down the line?

i really dont see anymore growth in canelo. he is as good as he's ever gonna be.

If canelo was such a technical fighter he would have been able to do what cotto did to alfonso gomez

gomez was frustrating the great technical boxer that is canelo and won on a very weak stoppage

but gomez against the flawed boxer/puncher that is cotto he is getting schooled

people over rate canelo abilities. what i keep hearing when they over rate his abilities is the word "potential"

based on his victories over j.cotto, m.hatton, r.rhodes, and shane there is no potential growth with this guy. each one of those fights were showcase fights in which he was suppose to win at the latest mid round ko, tko stoppage but he didnt

Last edited by 2120; 07-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2120 View Post
based on who they fought i would say chavez jr is better

looking at there styles canelo is more technical and that may make it appear that he is the more effective fighter between the two

but who is canelo exactly out boxing to warrant the hype that he has the potential to get better down the line?

i really dont see anymore growth in canelo. he is as good as he's ever gonna be.

If canelo was such a technical fighter he would have been able to do what cotto did to alfonso gomez

gomez was frustrating the great technical boxer that is canelo and won on a very weak stoppage

but gomez against the flawed boxer/puncher that is cotto he is getting schooled

people over rate canelo abilities. what i keep hearing when they over rate his abilities is the word "potential"

based on his victories over j.cotto, m.hatton, r.rhodes, and shane there is no potential growth with this guy. each one of those fights were showcase fights in which he was suppose to win at the latest mid round ko, tko stoppage but he didnt
I could not have worded this better myself.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:53 AM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 737,579,201,990.48
Total Points: 837,600,480,687.59
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

Quote:
Russel jr/Maidana-Chavez/ginger is simply a horrible & I mean horrible comparo. Chavez & ginger are closer skillwise than Russel/Maidana.
The point is that you don't need similar levels of competition to assess skill sets.

Canelo is more skilled than Jr. and it's clear as day, the competition argument is completely irrelevant.