Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Who was the better player Hakeem Olajuwon or Shaquille O'neal?
Hakeem Olajuwon 33 67.35%
Shaquille O'neal 11 22.45%
Don't Know/Equal 5 10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 24,689,040,879,802.92
Total Points: 25,944,362,464,153.74
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

In my opinion, Shaq. I personally think he's the most dominant player to have ever played. (Note, not the greatest). I mean his size & strength was just too much for about anyone. I mean the dude would dunk the ball trapped in a bear hug from men 6-10 weighting well over 200 lbs. How in the world do you stop that??
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM
SixFootGiant
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these partsSixFootGiant is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,016,105.57

This really shouldnt even be a question. The Dream easily. I thought this was settled way the hell back in 1995 during the Finals.

Hakeem is the greatest center of all-time imo. No other center had the skill set he had, the footwork, post moves, all around ability. Hakeem could do anything on the court. When people need to work on their post game, they go to Hakeem. Nobody's calling out Shaq for pointers
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 91,673,629,510,823.69
Total Points: 91,673,629,513,322.91
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
In my opinion, Shaq. I personally think he's the most dominant player to have ever played. (Note, not the greatest). I mean his size & strength was just too much for about anyone. I mean the dude would dunk the ball trapped in a bear hug from men 6-10 weighting well over 200 lbs. How in the world do you stop that??
You do realize that Shaq wasn't as dominant over his contemporaries as Wilt was over his right?

Poet
Old 06-23-2012, 06:43 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,071,151,208,052.50
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
You do realize that Shaq wasn't as dominant over his contemporaries as Wilt was over his right?

Poet
it could've been psychologically tough for wilt though...

he was dominant and all but his team couldn't find a way to beat russell and the celtics...
Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talip bin osman View Post
it could've been psychologically tough for wilt though...

he was dominant and all but his team couldn't find a way to beat russell and the celtics...
The difference of course was that the Celtics were a great team while the Warriors where a mediocre team with one great player. No matter what sport you're talking about a great team will always beat a great player.

To put it into perspective, drop Shaq onto the Wizards and tell me how many titles he wins.

Poet
Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,071,151,208,052.50
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
The difference of course was that the Celtics were a great team while the Warriors where a mediocre team with one great player. No matter what sport you're talking about a great team will always beat a great player.

To put it into perspective, drop Shaq onto the Wizards and tell me how many titles he wins.

Poet
yes you are right... 80s jordan (bird with his celtics and detroit with their bad boys were taking turns beating him) despite his brilliance was quite a victim of this truth about team sports...
Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talip bin osman View Post
yes you are right... 80s jordan (bird with his celtics and detroit with their bad boys were taking turns beating him) despite his brilliance was quite a victim of this truth about team sports...
Yeah, I had a huge argument over this very thing in the lounge this past winter when stated that teams win Super Bowls not individual QBs.

For some reason "fans" can't seem to wrap their minds around the concept of team sports.....maybe because of the way the leagues market themselves I don't know :dunno9:

Poet
Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 PM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,249,181,378,971.99
Total Points: 3,249,182,595,129.60
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Olajuwon and it really isn't close. Damn, people have short memories

Poet
Damn straight, very surprised by most posts here, the Dream without question.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 23 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,114,453,750.79
Total Points: 31,271,574,991.20
Have an e-beer on me - FRKO what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

2000-2002 Shaq was UNSTOPPABLE. The spurs had to put two Hall of Fame 7 footers on him in Tim Duncan and David Robinson And still got there asses kicked.

Shaq changed the other teams entire defense. Hakeem never got tripled or Star-doubled in his career.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:55 PM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21555 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 923,336,945,409,867.62
Total Points: 951,615,417,987,981.50
UK is a boss plain and simple. - Neutral haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw 
Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS 
thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Good morning from the UK unc. - HughJass 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HughJass 

Who shoots better from the free throw line?