Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,497,479.40
Total Points: 120,117,602,397.33
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

That's just my point. We hear so many complaints about what boxing has become, but the only way things MIGHT change for the better is if fans make it so that it stops being lucrative. I say boycott until boxing is the sport it once was. I know, people would have to turn away in droves for a long time for any of these changes to happen and this is just wishful thinking but, for the most part, I refuse to watch fighters that don't try to become lineal or Ring champions and only go for one alphabet belt. If they win all 4 majors, then I might start to watch them as well. Other than that, I might watch a newer boxer that gets a lot of knockouts.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19448 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,011,357,005,554.82
Total Points: 6,076,267,037,938.50
add to you collection, bro! - Talisayen bottoms up - Talisayen have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz 
Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

i would say that the general public threw its arms into the air and gave up on boxing when the ibc was investigated by the federal government and brought to trial and was indicted on numerous charges. After the public learned of the fixed fights and monopoly that the ibc had on the game along with all of the shady people involved they just said its fixed and walked away. The dismantling of the ibc certainly helped to clean up the game yet the stigma of the 40s-50s of a crooked business always stuck. For years it has stood with little integrity in the publics eyes.

get rid of 60 or so of the bull**** world titles and boxing might not resemble a 3-ringed circus as it is percieved now by john q public.

Last edited by Rockin'; 06-12-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Mintcar923
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Mintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond reputeMintcar923 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 171,834.42
No Message - zab191 

I'm 36 just like the author of this thread and I can relate to what he's saying. When people talk about boxing it is just either Mayweather or Pacman. When I think back on my youth this is a sad state, Yes, Mayweather and Pac are good. But, where's the Tyson's, the Leonard's, the Hearns, the Chavez's(Although we do have JC jr.), the Whitaker's, the Hagler's, the Duran's, the "young" Holyfield's, the Holmes etc. We have 2 superstar boxers who are basically just "little" guys. It's pathetic!! I'm not even much of a fan of either one, myself. I think if we had more boxing coverage like we did in the '70's and '80's we would have more exposure to young talent. Boxing would for sure become hot again. HBO and other networks need to focus on the whole sport rather than just 2 famous boxers.

Last edited by Mintcar923; 06-12-2012 at 03:17 AM.