Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM
mastersson
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 mastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these partsmastersson is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,046.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
Did you see how easy he was to hit by "Sweetness" he was prime around 2007 I wouldn't call him shot but he is obviously way past his prime.
Froch doesn't have it in himself to excel in back to back fights. Froch's recent bravado will walk him onto a Kessler left hook!

P.S. Kessler has fought in the second biggest stadium in the UK in Wales so fighting in some small tin can stadium in Nottingham is a breeze for him. He strives a Froch fight in the UK!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-28-2012, 06:43 AM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,394,531,531.40
Total Points: 123,414,625,178.24
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

It annoys me when people say that Froch-Dirrell was a robbery. It was a close fight. Dirrell maybe won by one or two rounds and maybe should have been awarded the decision, but that doesn't constitute a robbery.

Dirrell ran for the whole fight and refused to engage. It wasn't a clinic like Ward put on Froch. It was an embarrassing performance by a weak minded fighter.

Froch vs Kessler was also very close, and I can't argue with the decision. But if Froch puts boxing aside and chooses to fight aggressively in a rematch, I think he stops Kessler.

The problem with Froch is, since he beat Pascal, he fought as a boxer, which is style he isn't suited to. To utilise his main strengths he needs to throw caution to the wind, and go to war. That's what he did against Bute, and it resulted in a 5th round KO against a highly skilled, world class fighter.

I don't think Kessler can deal with this version of Froch, I really don't.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,655.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbatron View Post
It annoys me when people say that Froch-Dirrell was a robbery. It was a close fight. Dirrell maybe won by one or two rounds and maybe should have been awarded the decision, but that doesn't constitute a robbery.

Dirrell ran for the whole fight and refused to engage. It wasn't a clinic like Ward put on Froch. It was an embarrassing performance by a weak minded fighter.

Froch vs Kessler was also very close, and I can't argue with the decision. But if Froch puts boxing aside and chooses to fight aggressively in a rematch, I think he stops Kessler.

The problem with Froch is, since he beat Pascal, he fought as a boxer, which is style he isn't suited to. To utilise his main strengths he needs to throw caution to the wind, and go to war. That's what he did against Bute, and it resulted in a 5th round KO against a highly skilled, world class fighter.

Different fighters call for different tactics. Froch has proved himself to be a decent boxer over the last few fights, and it's held him in good stead against guys like Abraham and Johnson, guys who might otherwise have out-toughed him and knocked him out. He can still brawl when he has to, but I don't see what's wrong with having more than one tool for a job.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 AM
PD21
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 PD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,251.58

Quote:
Timbatron,

Do you really see Kessler crumbling the way Bute did? Weve seen Bute effectively knocked out by an average fighter in Andrade so Carl had the ability to do the same or better. Weve already seen him fight Kessler and he wasnt able to overwhelm the Dane with power or outbox him. They fought on fairly even terms with perhaps the home fighter showinbg more passion and being more assertive which is why he got the nod. If he thinks he can now ambush Kessler , make it a physical fight and treat him the way he treated Bute then he better be carefil he isnt caught by massive shots on the way in.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:35 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,605,287.23
Total Points: 10,055,076,555.88
merry christmas - the collector 

This is a fight that should definitely take place.

I'm pretty sure both want the fight and it would be fantastic Froch could get it in the UK too. Perhaps even have it at the City ground? But there's nothing wrong with the Capital FM Arena.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:36 AM
denium
The first of his name

Rep Power: 7 denium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant futuredenium has a brilliant future
Total Points: 1,044,841.09
A dildo for a dildo. Congrats. Dumbass - Boxing Goat 

This fight needs to happen, i'll be buying tickets if it's made.