Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: If a boxer you hated saved your life or your loved ones. What now
He is now my favorite boxer. I'm #1 fan. 3 42.86%
He earns my respect outside the ring, I still hate him as a boxer because I'm just like that 0 0%
I still won't root for him against my favorite boxer, but I will root for him over everyone else 1 14.29%
I don't care. My hatred runs too deep. I will never change my opinions 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-17-2012, 02:33 AM
TheHayeMaker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 66,220.25
Default If a boxer you DISLIKE OR HATE SAVED YOUR LIFE or your loved one. What now?

A question my mate asked regarding footie players, So I felt applying it to boxing will be very interesting.

Say a boxer you hate or dislike saved your life or that of your loved ones.

How much does this change your view.

SAY you hate Floyd Mayweather, he saves you somehow in a burning car accident.

Say you hate Amir Khan, he saves your mother.

Say you hate Pacquaio, he saves you from a flood or whatever.

What NOW? Please vote

Be advised this is a public vote because I don't want any troll answers. This is a serious question I'm very curious about,

Thank you for your participation
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Primera
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Primera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond reputePrimera has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 324,656,182,176.81
Total Points: 324,656,216,728.98
el primero............ - bigsmoothh mexicanos hasta la madre lol............... - bigsmoothh 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigsmoothh 

I'd slap pacroid in the face and be like "I didn't ask for you help"
and then I walk off into the sunset with dramatic music playing. The End
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 AM
nysoxfan84
Contender

Rep Power: 5 nysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,565.79

I honestly think most people would be really grateful that they were saved. I know I would. But then again I personally do not hate any athlete. People like to use that word freely to express their dislike for certain athletes, but I don't think most of them really mean it.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 AM
TheHayeMaker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these partsTheHayeMaker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primera View Post
I'd slap pacroid in the face and be like "I didn't ask for you help"
and then I walk off into the sunset with dramatic music playing. The End
:O

But the reason I asked is I always get friends of boxing who's like

DUDE IF YOU REALLY LOVE BOXING YOU SHOULD SUPPORT BOXERS FOR WHAT THEY DO IN THE RING... DUDE.... That's how you should choose your favorite boxer to support.

I agree with that, except what if a boxer had a positive influence on your life OUTSIDE THE RING.

The little kid that carried the Wladimir belt was at first a lennox lewis fan.

But after the belt carrying, he became a Wladimir fan.

I 100% understand that and support that
Old 05-17-2012, 02:42 AM
TheHayeMaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
I honestly think most people would be really grateful that they were saved. I know I would. But then again I personally do not hate any athlete. People like to use that word freely to express their dislike for certain athletes, but I don't think most of them really mean it.

Ok.. so fine. Say your favorite boxer is Sergio Martinez.

Say Chavez JR saved your life

Who you rooting for?

That's the point of the question
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 AM
nysoxfan84
Contender

Rep Power: 5 nysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond reputenysoxfan84 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,565.79

Oh, in that case, it's option #3 in the poll.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:47 AM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu

Rep Power: 333 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,300,772,083.16
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank &quot;god&quot;...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Its easy to 'hate' public figures, celebrities or athletes. But its all just pantomime. U dont really hate them.
If they saved ur life then obviously ur not going to still hate them over some trivial bull**** that they said or how the behaved in the past.
Reality kicks in and u gain perspective.

They dont even have to save ur life. If u just met them, and spoke to them at an informal event or on the street, all these boxers, even Floyd, would probably seem like a fairly normal decent guy.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 AM
TheHayeMaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Its easy to 'hate' public figures, celebrities or athletes. But its all just pantomime. U dont really hate them.
If they saved ur life then obviously ur not going to still hate them over some trivial bull**** that they said or how the behaved in the past.
Reality kicks in and u gain perspective.

They dont even have to save ur life. If u just met them, and spoke to them at an informal event or on the street, all these boxers, even Floyd, would probably seem like a fairly normal decent guy.
Ya we get this. Great post btw.

Ok now the question is this.

Say your favorite boxer is Tim Bradley (EXAMPLE)

Say you met Amir Khan. He helps you out irl and all kinds of stuff.

He turn out to be the nicest guy in the world.

He even save your LIFE

NOW SAY

AMIR KHAN FIGHTS BRADLEY

Who you rooting for?

Khan or bradley
Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Mr Randy Watson
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Mr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant futureMr Randy Watson has a brilliant future
Bank: 163,864,089.86
Total Points: 100,663,879,470.30

i hate vanes... this question doesnt apply to me because he would talk about saving me... then back out when the opportunity presented itself.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 AM
MalikKnucklez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond reputeMalikKnucklez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,167,204,778.17
Total Points: 141,167,218,263.25
have a slush......... - bigsmoothh have an apple....... - bigsmoothh pizza pizza........... - bigsmoothh Salud! Gracias socio - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwo riggs View Post
i hate vanes... this question doesnt apply to me because he would talk about saving me... then back out when the opportunity presented itself.
and we'd all hear about ur death via his twitter....