Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Mikhnienko
Lomachenko P4P#1

Rep Power: 29 Mikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,199,793,415.59
Total Points: 33,410,417,354.83
You're alright, my dude - mangler jr thanx for link - Pullcounter Enjoy the fight! - Carnivore Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 Thanks - Mangler Jewnior 
p4p poster - Dick Buffman For your undying love for Boxxy, a truly dedicated man lol! - Lorily ATG boxingscene poster - Freedom. funniest, classiest racist on here. - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Artur Kyshenko Autism - Lorily 
Default Olympic Boxing Medal History USA vs Soviet Union & FSU

I first want to say that this is in no way intended as an insult or disrespect towards American Boxing or American posters on here, only towards the User Check whose ignorance is an abyss.

Here is a synopsis of Check’s brilliance with quotes from the earlier thread and i will provide the medal history along with his entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Reality must really hurt for a twat like yourself. Consider the USA has 4 times the amount of golds in boxing than Russia, and twice as many as those three combined. You do realize the Ukraine has all of 9 medals in their history, right? NINE thats 9, 9 measly medals! You keep telling yourself that and American sports can't compete, yet they always keep finishing with the most medals. Keep that crying, you sissy ass b1tch........"WAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAWAAAAAAAAAAA we have less people, we should get a pass". You pathetic twat. 2,300 medals to 1,100 you dumb ruskie.
And don't get me started on your even more putrid professional boxing history.
Now what Check doesn't realize is that Ukraine has only competed at 4 Olympics as an independent country and that the Soviet Union only started competing at the Olympics in 1952. Clearly this poor fellow is one of those children left behind by the american education system.

Summer Olympic Total Medal Count 1952-1992

USA - 982

USSR/Unified Team -1122

Summer Olympic Total Medal Count 1996-2008

Russia & Ukraine - 414 (combined population 188 Million)

USA – 406 (population 311 Million)

Russia - 318

Ukraine - 96

Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Bulgaria, and Kazakhstan (current total population of 260 Million, US 311 Million) total medal count is 615 to America's 406.

Quote:
Yep, the number one nation in pro boxing history, and presently is getting "pwned". The number one nation in amateur boxing history, gets historically "pwned". The number one nation in olympics history, and presently is getting "pwned". And on top of that it's not getting "pwned" by just a powerhouse. It's getting pwned by the UKRAINE and all 9 of their boxing medals
Quote:
Pretty funny comment, too-shay.

Yeah, and I already pointed out Russias history in the Olympics as well. I have nothing but respect for the USSR but they are no where, nor will they ever be on par with America in sports.
Well you are right, unintentionally, as they aren’t on par with America in sports. They’re better as above shows. Now for boxing.

Olympic Boxing Medal Count 1952-2008

USA Total – 62

USSR (1952-1988), Unified team (1992), FSU (1996-2008 i only included four FSU countries Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan) Total - 91

Poland had a successful Boxing history during the Soviet era and if you include their totals to the above totals the count is 128.

Olympic Boxing Medal Count 1996-2008

Russia - 20
Kazakhstan - 13
USA - 13
Ukraine - 9
Belarus - 2

USA - 13 (population 311 Million)

Above 4 FSU Nations - 44 (population 214 Million)

Val Barker Trophy Winners during this period

1996 - Vassiliy Jirov (Kazakhstan)
2000 - Oleg Saitov (Russia)
2004 - Bakhtiyar Artayev (Kazakhstan)
2008 - Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine)

Quote:
Yeah, nine medals. That's about all the sense you need to make it. Remember your nation has 9 medals! Yeah, come spew your non sense and I'll give you actual stats. 2,300 medals to 1,100. Hurts, doesn't it?
Yes let us look at Ukraine specifically

Population

USA – 311 Million
Ukraine – 46 Million

Total Medals Summer Olympics 1996-2008

USA - 406
Ukraine - 96 (America has just under 7x the population of Ukraine with just over 4x the medals)

Olympic Boxing Medals 1996-2008

USA - 13
Ukraine - 9 plus a Val Barker winner

P4P Ukraine is more successful than America.

But the most important thing that you need to keep in mind Check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
He makes perfect sense. He's going at you pretty hard right now and I'm expecting a decent reply from you or he wins by UD.
Lulz Yes what sense he makes. I wasn't going to replay to this fool but your request changed my mind.

I'd like to commend Dirk and Nodogoshi who brought some common sense to Check's train wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
Yep I was gonna make that point but thought it was so blatantly obvious to anyone with sense....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post

The ignorance here is too much to stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
Boxing debuted in the Olympics in 1904. In the 1904 Olympics, only American boxers competed (there is where accounts 7 golds, 7 silvers, and 3 bronze, alone). The early Olympics were basically only attended by Americans and Western Europeans. The Soviets did not debut in the Olympics until 1952. So, you should start with 1952 if you want to compare the performances. I think you'll find that the Russians have fared considerably better.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
ArtThouFurious?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,459.77
Boxingscene's Worst Poster - Freedom. make your old corpse pretty for David Haye - Freedom. 

Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Banderivets
'Ah Mr Haye'

Rep Power: 18 Banderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond reputeBanderivets has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 96,058.30
Let's start your gift collection - Artur Kyshenko For your excellent scholarship and intellectual contribution to this forum! - poet682006 Since donations are messed up, have a beer on me brother! - PainfromUkraine 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - poet682006 

Truth hurts.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Mars Volta
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond reputeMars Volta has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 94,607,019.46

so...........all hail mother Russia?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136,391,115,012.80
Total Points: 280,241,630,049.64
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

Green K for some interesting fact-finding.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Furn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Furn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,679,630,346,202.13
Total Points: 8,679,630,425,936.96
Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny stuff - hectari 

Where is GB ? US has dropped off since dominating in 1984.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 PM
ArtThouFurious?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,459.77
Boxingscene's Worst Poster - Freedom. make your old corpse pretty for David Haye - Freedom. 

And why exactly are we using 2nd and 3rd place medals to pad the totals of medals won by Eastern Bloc countries?

The U.S. has won more GOLD medals in boxing and the Olympics period 1952-to present than all of Eastern Europe combined, that's a fact.

Valiant attempt though.

Last edited by ArtThouFurious?; 05-14-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Eff Pandas
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 Eff Pandas is a jewel in the roughEff Pandas is a jewel in the roughEff Pandas is a jewel in the roughEff Pandas is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 2,727.23

I bet there is lots of "low testosterone" in those Russian & former Russian countries
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Mikhnienko
Lomachenko P4P#1

Rep Power: 29 Mikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,199,793,415.59
Total Points: 33,410,417,354.83
You're alright, my dude - mangler jr thanx for link - Pullcounter Enjoy the fight! - Carnivore Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 Thanks - Mangler Jewnior 
p4p poster - Dick Buffman For your undying love for Boxxy, a truly dedicated man lol! - Lorily ATG boxingscene poster - Freedom. funniest, classiest racist on here. - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Artur Kyshenko Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furn View Post
Where is GB ? US has dropped off since dominating in 1984.
Well i was addressing some specific claims and adding GB's stats would have required additional effort. I would be quite interested to see Cuba's stats as i suspect they would trump both in boxing medals but i didnt want to spend the time.

Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-15-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:09 PM
BoxingWizard27
Contender

Rep Power: 4 BoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingWizard27 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,931.98

Good ownage there