Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 27 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,319,055,035,547.64
Total Points: 29,319,055,125,435.35
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
Very good point actually. It's easy to prance around for 12 rounds but it's a different game if pressured.

I remember Haye saying he doesn't do allot of road work and tends to stick to short circuit sprints as he believes that short bursts emulate fight conditions better which I found strange tbh. Not circuits but the lack of serious sustained road work/swimming/cycling or something similar as a basis to his cardio work out. ( I' no gym buff so correct me if I'm wrong).

It was the build up to the Harrison fight (I think) so he could well have been taking it easy/taking the p*ss given the outcome was obvious.
Haye's highest pace at HW was giving Ruiz a one sided battering, and Haye looked exhausted by the time the KO came.

And thats Chisora only chance. Hoping Haye gases, and i doubt Chisora will still be standing by the time that happens.

This has Haye by spectacular KO written all over it. Which is why im against this fight cos its gonna make Haye look amazing and then we're gonna have to put up with all the hype/****e again

Id rather Haye just disappeared and Chisora had some other big fights

Last edited by gingeralbino; 05-09-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 AM
ny123
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION

Rep Power: 24 ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,273,028,246,855.98
Total Points: 6,274,087,364,979.99
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

What has Haye done at hw to justify all of this hype? Chisora's loss to Vitaly and his robbery loss to Helenius is better than anything Haye has done at hw imo.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
TheIcon
Counter-Poster

Rep Power: 4 TheIcon has a spectacular aura aboutTheIcon has a spectacular aura aboutTheIcon has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 86,539,202.49
Total Points: 2,091,114,157.95
I like your avatar - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD21 View Post
Agreed. Glass chinned Audley had to take afew on the ropes beofre he finally fell over form the acumilation. Haye couldnt put him away with 1 shot like Sprott did and the fight was stopped iwth Audley on his feet scared to punch back. Derek might get stunned but I cant see him being knocked out. Haytes power is being over arted by many IMO. he hasnt shown great power at heavyweight. He clubbed a washed up Ruiz round the back of the head afew times but apart from that if you didnt know his record he just looks like a runner who would rather look good and lose than look bad and win.
Yeah I agree, 85% percent of Haye's record comes from Cruiserweight where yes, he was a big hitter, but even at cruserweight it took combinations to K.O people which mainly comes from his speed. At Heavyweight David Haye's record goes like this :

Win by T.K.O vs Monte Barrett ( note the TKO not KO, also Note Haye went down before he stopped him)
Win By Unanimous Decision vs Valuev ( Hit and run tactics deployed, he fought smart in my opinion because if he had of went for a K.O he would of gassed and lost most likely)
Win By T.K.O vs John Ruiz ( again note the TKO not KO and also Note Ruiz came out of a at least 1 year retirement to take this fight)
Win By T.K.O vs Audley Harrison (this guys mean't to have a glass chin but The fight ended with Audley still on his feet)
Lost a Wide Unanimous Decision vs Wlad- in this fight he landed a couple of his biggest shots against a guy that although has good defence, has shown that his chin is suspect at times, however the big shots Haye landed did not floor Wlad , although its fair to note that the one in the last round stunned him.

Okay so what Im trying to say from all this- Haye has never K.O'd anyone at HW, all the stoppages are exactly that, stoppages, not K.O's, not huge 1 punch power shots that left a guy on the canvas.

Now I am of the view that Haye wins this fight by decision by boxing smart and using his reflexes to not get hit and steal rounds, but if People think Haye is just gonna walk in there and just steam roller Chisora and K.O him early, they're very wrong, Haye never just goes gun HO in the early rounds, he's said he would for many a fight but never does. The guys that are saying this is gonna be a early K.O are most likely looking at Haye's record which mainly consists of CW K.O's, instead of looking at the bigger picture and the fact that many of his HW opponents have had suspect chins yet he has failed to leave them unconscious in the middle of the ring.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,058,175,830,632,822.00
Total Points: 3,058,175,830,641,762.00
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
god bless you homie, lol, - Tha_Greatest 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

I was always pretty sure Haye beats chisora, because the style is ideal for Haye boxing off the back foot with his quick hands and power. If he stops Del Boy then thats some statement as Del is a tough cookie and Haye might get me excited about watching him fight Vitali.

As of now, Haye has to redeem himself. Im going to cheer for Chisora and hope he sparks Haye, but I've got serious doubts he will pull it off. Im up for this fight though big time.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,654,444.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD21 View Post
I see the argument that Chisora is made for Haye stylewise but I'd like to present the opposite case in that Haye does not like Guys who put him under pressure.

His only KO loss came at the hands of a 40 year old cruiserweight who took his best shots early and wore him down with pressure. We know Haye has improved since then but he hasnt really faced that level of intensity in recent years. Mormeck was a plodder and Ruiz was slow and washed up.

David is the type of fighter to use the ring and do things at his own pace. He doesnt like being crowded and hasnt been for years so we dont know what his cardio is like when a guy as relentless as Chisora keeps walking him down. He will have to fight him off and thats when you gas if you are forced to work and waste punches.

Davids in trouble unless he gets a KO early which I cant see happening seemings as Vitali and Helenuis' shots bounced off Derek. David might have to steal it on points by outboxing him but as soon as he lets pride take over ( and it will ) I think Derek works him to head and body and makes it a long, draining distance fight IMO.
Thats exactly what I said. Haye is mentally weak and when he cannot hurt someone he will run away and come up with excuses about his performance. Ie, Valuev, Wlad.

I'd love to see haye get brutally battered as he is a joke of a fighter who stole 1000's of people money when he didnt put up an effort against wlad
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 No1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond reputeNo1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,507,361,591.72
Total Points: 17,527,654,444.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
Yeah I agree, 85% percent of Haye's record comes from Cruiserweight where yes, he was a big hitter, but even at cruserweight it took combinations to K.O people which mainly comes from his speed. At Heavyweight David Haye's record goes like this :

Win by T.K.O vs Monte Barrett ( note the TKO not KO, also Note Haye went down before he stopped him)
Win By Unanimous Decision vs Valuev ( Hit and run tactics deployed, he fought smart in my opinion because if he had of went for a K.O he would of gassed and lost most likely)
Win By T.K.O vs John Ruiz ( again note the TKO not KO and also Note Ruiz came out of a at least 1 year retirement to take this fight)
Win By T.K.O vs Audley Harrison (this guys mean't to have a glass chin but The fight ended with Audley still on his feet)
Lost a Wide Unanimous Decision vs Wlad- in this fight he landed a couple of his biggest shots against a guy that although has good defence, has shown that his chin is suspect at times, however the big shots Haye landed did not floor Wlad , although its fair to note that the one in the last round stunned him.

Okay so what Im trying to say from all this- Haye has never K.O'd anyone at HW, all the stoppages are exactly that, stoppages, not K.O's, not huge 1 punch power shots that left a guy on the canvas.

Now I am of the view that Haye wins this fight by decision by boxing smart and using his reflexes to not get hit and steal rounds, but if People think Haye is just gonna walk in there and just steam roller Chisora and K.O him early, they're very wrong, Haye never just goes gun HO in the early rounds, he's said he would for many a fight but never does. The guys that are saying this is gonna be a early K.O are most likely looking at Haye's record which mainly consists of CW K.O's, instead of looking at the bigger picture and the fact that many of his HW opponents have had suspect chins yet he has failed to leave them unconscious in the middle of the ring.
Another good point