Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Brassangel
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Brassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond reputeBrassangel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 58,850.16

This makes me wonder how much better the fight would have been 4-5 years ago. Both guys in their prime, a little quicker, a little more willing to take risks.

Still, a great contest. But it was made as such by Cotto, not Mayweather.

I have it 117-111, but that doesn't mean it was an easy victory. That's not a margin of victory one would see in a comfortable win, because every round was pretty close until round 10 or so.

I think a rematch, with Cotto applying what he's learned, would be incredible. We've seen how well he performs in rematches. Sadly, Mayweather is a 1-and-done guy, and so are his fans. Team Mayweather won't dare risk going up against a fighter who now knows his style.

At any rate, credit to Mayweather for adjusting late. Credit to Cotto for coming closer than anyone since Castillo (who actually should have put a "1" in Mayweather's 'L' column).

He's not shot. Mayweather isn't invincible. If Pacquaio still has the heart for it, he could f**k Mayweather up.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Ericd314
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Ericd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these partsEricd314 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 9,757.83

Quote:
Originally Posted by indystress View Post
so cotto lost, but...
cotto did more damage to mayweather than he did to pac,
and cotto had mayweather in the ropes all thru 12 rounds,
and cotto was aggressive all 12 rounds,

pac dropped cotto twice and had cotto back pedaling from the 5th round on...

pac is 4 (cotto, hatton, delahoya, mosley) up to 1 (marquez) on mayweather...
and the funny thing is, mayweather fans bring up marquez (thats all they have is marquez to brag about) when talking about pac, but never mention how pac destroyed hatton, delahoya, cotto and even mosley
one thing you dummies fail to realize is that pac drained cotto down to 145lbs, tonight they were 154lbers, can you understand the difference....manny cant mess with cotto at 154...so draining a fighter 10 lbs is not saying much on a win for pac, pac wants no part of cottoa at 154
TerrisJ3
Underlord

Rep Power: 5 TerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeTerrisJ3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,737.24
Total Points: 26,210.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Even so, how many punches did Cotto land big and effectively on Floyd??? Not a lot.

And are we suppose to forget now that Pac gets countered and hit all night long witht he right hand, Floyd's best punch.

Floyd won a wide/comfortable UD. Nothing has changed. Manny still looked the same against Marquez as he did with Clottey and Margarito. And Floyd still looked the same with Cotto that he did with Mosley and Ortiz.
Miguel landed enough to **** him up for the first time.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Dr. Ill
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Ill has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,593.14

and some of you mofokkas think he can beat pacqauio.....he could'nt even beat cotto...forget about jmm, floyd was way bigger than him..
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 255,028,509,438.05
Total Points: 255,028,575,247.87
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
Yeah I think Cotto did great. His defence was the best I ever seen from him. I was expecting him to get hit with that right hand more and he did not. It was a 115-113 or 116-112 fight for Mayweather.
Yeah i was impressed with his defense too. i was shocked to see cotto actually out-box floyd for like 2 straight rounds lol. has that ever happened to floyd before? damn good fight tonight.
hillbilly
Contender

Rep Power: 13 hillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,960.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitking View Post
Pac certainly did a better job with Cotto than Mayweather. That said, Mayweather didn't lose to Cotto the way Pac lost to JMM. Either way, all the triangle theory stuff is nonsense. Fact is, Cotto fought Mayweather the way you have to fight him to win. Snapping a jab, bullying him, and getting him on the ropes hitting whatever you can. Problem for the Pacquaio faithful is that Pac won't be physically strong enough to employ that stradegy. he won't be able to force Mayweather to the ropes and keep hm their because Mayweather will be the bigger guy in the ring that night. Either way, certainly makes that one more interesting.

BTW, Cotto wasn't "getting to Mayweather." The vast majority of the throwing he was doing on the ropes was missing. He bloodied Mayweather's nose with a jab. Nothing unusual happen tonight. Mayweather controled the fight. He landed the cleaner blows. And he clearly won a comfortable decision. I didn't score it. But I remember giving Cotto about three rounds. So if one had it 10-2 or 8-4, its alright with me. Cotto performed better than expected. But that doesn't mean he was winning rounds. It was another masterful performance by a master boxer. Now bring on the next one.

Ironically, I think Tim Bradley is the man most likely to end Mayweather's undefeated string. He's not bigger than Mayweather. But, he has that come forward, pitbull mentality that will force Mayweather into situations similar to what he was in tonight. Only difference is he will be faster, younger, and hungrier than Cotto. Style-wise, I don't think Pacquaio, Martinez, or Canelo get it done. Style-wish, Storm is a nightmare for Mayweather.
While i agree that styles make fights, floyd's slow footedness and diminished handspeed have to give him concerns against pacquiao (who is also slower now). Erik morales was befuddled by pacquiao's foot speedcespicially in the third fight. Not sure what mayweather could do about that. Shoulder rolls don't help. Have you ever seen mayweather go straught back like he did multiple times tonight? It was weird. His vaunted defense looked like it had real holes onight. When cotto did the double left hook, to the body and then the head, floyd was too slow on occasion to block or roll the head shot. Very dangerous development against pacqiuao who has substantially faster hands than cotto.
TehRedRanger
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond reputeTehRedRanger has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 492,612,538.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
God some people had it way too close.

I should bump teh thread where I said "People overreact when Floyd is on the ropes".

118-110 if you favored Floyd mostly.
117-111 being the most neutral.
116-112 if you favored Cotto mostly.

Anything else was way way way off.
Good god!! Someone that actually talks some sense in this forums! Thank you, I agree with you 100%
Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Realizniguhnit
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Realizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond reputeRealizniguhnit has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,775.91
U took em to school with that Broner vs Maidana 2 post - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUSTLER View Post
I know one thing. Floyd ain't beating Sergio Martinez at 154 and especially 160. Cotto landed on Floyd I know for sure Martinez would put Floyd on the canvas. Fight won't happen. Floyd goes back to 147.
Correct but Floyd was never really interested in Martinez imho, he may utter his name, but he's know Martinez is waay to big for him, may not look like a lot on paper but it is, similar to the way floyd>Marquez
ELHURACAN58
Weather Controller

Rep Power: 13 ELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 64,027,655,185,773.37
Total Points: 64,050,069,284,284.98
cool boricua - Cleto_Reyes happy new year - bigsmoothh Margarito thread video you posted...lmao!!!..love it - jose830 love that Camacho avi :fing02: - jose830 World Baseball Classic updates :beerchug: - jose830 
i almost spilled my coffee :lol1: Puerto Ricans: The world is in big trouble! - jose830 No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Well I settled with Cotto giving Floyd a bloody nose.

I mean lets be real guys, the only thing Cotto could have done more was jab a lot to give the judges a hard time when deciding a round.

He certainly had close rounds but how can you beat Mayweather by throwing and connecting less punches in the fight.

Im proud that Cotto tried and gave Floyd the toughest fight he had in a long time, so lets just leave it at that and congratulate Mayweather on the win.

Puerto Rico doesnt have a champion right now, though it probably wont stay like this for long.
Slick561
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Slick561 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick561 has a spectacular aura aboutSlick561 has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 24,645.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
funny... i didn't see Floyd stepping on Miguel's foot at all! i was laughing my ass off wen Cotto tried to bodyslam May.
doesn't need to his time and footwork is better,if CLottey can tag Pac at 20 something percent with his slow hands than imagine what Floyd can do...take your time...still here no rush