Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
zcm
Contender

Rep Power: 6 zcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud ofzcm has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,045,444.11

mayweather makes a lot of money from sponsors (his guarantee for ortiz was 25million before ppv was considered). I read a article that suggested he also makes money from everything that is sold in the arena on fight night i.e. every beer, hot dog and t-shirt etc sold he will get a little percentage. then there is the fact tht when he is on 24/7 it averages 30% more viewers than 24/7 without him, which would result in the sponsors being prepared to spend more sponsoring him.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,228,651,389.81
Total Points: 372,729,159,166.88
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis40 View Post
nobody really knws what hes worth. he was defintly having money probems with irs and everything. hbo keeps most of the pay per view.
You could be right, but his IRS probems were supposedly grossly exaggerated.

That and not paying your taxes (iirc was the issue) doesn't mean you don't have money. I dont think they made public his numbers like they did with Pac in his country. HBO probably keeps a good ammount in PPV, but do they pay Floyd initially to have the rights to it?

Also someone above mentioned that Floyd gets a cut out of everything and I wouldn't doubt it. He makes it sound like he's involved in everything so who knows.

It's all speculation really and we can't say exactly how he's doing business. Doubt he'll ever say either lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,739,568.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearHypnos View Post
Floyd pockets more of the revenue than a traditional fighter who pays a lot in fees to promoters, managers, etc etc. So, he made less against Oscar, but because of that fight, he became the "Oscar" of the sport so to speak. Floyd said he met Oscar's demands, so I'm sure he probably only got something like 70-30 or something. There's also the possibility that he puts some of his own money up front to cover some of the costs, and therefore reaps more rewards. I'm not entirely sure what his method is, but it seems to work according to what he's supposedly worth. He probably has a close knit group of people that he deals with in business matters and involves only the absolutely necessary parties. For all we know, 50 is fronting him money in addition to his own and 50 being the homie, only requires his share back with a very small percentage in profit (all speculation, of course and probably doesnt happen, but I'm saying he could have business partners with like minds) Floyd is practically a sure thing to make money..so it's probably safe to say he's a safe investment.
Mayweather had to pay the promoter as well, he doen't put on any of the shows he's in. And he has some sort of manager as well, not to mention trainers etc. So he doesn't save all that much. The telephone figures we hear come straight from him, even if we hear them from someone else, they first came from Mayweather.

I don't think that anybody really knows what a top fighter earns, there are all sorts of income streams and a variety of money saving "angles". The announced figures are all PR crap. I wouldn't tell you or anyone else what I earn, so why expect it?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics

Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 227,858,843,253,884.81
Total Points: 227,864,043,543,099.28
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
did i miss the punch line?
yeah, it's you're as in you are not your
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,739,568.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearHypnos View Post
You could be right, but his IRS probems were supposedly grossly exaggerated.

That and not paying your taxes (iirc was the issue) doesn't mean you don't have money. I dont think they made public his numbers like they did with Pac in his country. HBO probably keeps a good ammount in PPV, but do they pay Floyd initially to have the rights to it?

Also someone above mentioned that Floyd gets a cut out of everything and I wouldn't doubt it. He makes it sound like he's involved in everything so who knows.

It's all speculation really and we can't say exactly how he's doing business. Doubt he'll ever say either lol.
The IRS information was taken from public records by people interested enough to dig into it, and write articles about it. It's "supposedly exaggerated" only in your mind, because you are a raving "Maybug". No harm in that, but don't mislead people.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 43 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,915,333.23
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

I could have sworn Oscar gave him 70-30. And I thought I read Floyd gave Cotto 65-35.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Rocky Rode
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Rocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,165.86
Total Points: 53,709.88

De La Hoya was guaranteed $23.3 million and Floyd $10 million

After all the revenue came in both of their purses more then doubled. I think it was Floyd $25 Million and De La Hoya $53 million.

Looks like a 70-30 split to me.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Rocky Rode
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 Rocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond reputeRocky Rode has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,165.86
Total Points: 53,709.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis40 View Post
nobody really knws what hes worth. he was defintly having money probems with irs and everything. hbo keeps most of the pay per view.
HBO doesn't get much from PPV. They only get a 10% cut. The promoter and Cable/Satellite company split the rest of the revenue 45/45.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 63 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663,448,583,587,819.75
Total Points: 1,663,453,591,097,899.00
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
did i miss the punch line?
The punchline is your sig, considering that 99% of your posts are floyd hating or manny dick riding
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,228,651,389.81
Total Points: 372,729,159,166.88
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
The IRS information was taken from public records by people interested enough to dig into it, and write articles about it. It's "supposedly exaggerated" only in your mind, because you are a raving "Maybug". No harm in that, but don't mislead people.
I used the word supposedly for a reason (indicating my doubt to it being exaggerated..). My knowledge is very limited on this topic and I even admit that it's all speculation at this point. Please don't jump to conclusions calling me a "maybug", it makes you look bad. We're trying to figure out how he does it, there's no room for that, keep it to yourself, please. I liked your previous post since it seemed like you knew more than me on the topic (props), but as you and I have said, none of us know. Appreciate you clearing some things up in the earlier post.