Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,556,126,920.71
Total Points: 7,757,264,605.11
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarj View Post
Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham is up there.
co sign. I think its the best for me

Hearns vs duran a close second.

jackson put Graham asleep for over 5 minutes.

also, tua vs ruiz
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-24-2012, 03:13 PM
DJ OxXx
Contender

Rep Power: 13 DJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,355,022,328.37
Total Points: 1,355,073,290.76
For the donation. - F-R-K-O 

http://youtu.be/RJPesST-skg
Old 04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,461,154.99
Total Points: 120,121,581,030.71
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
Indeed, he was'nt named 'The Body Snatcher' for nothing.

In response to the lack of modern day fighters not working the body, boxing like a lot of other sports does tend to go through a few stylistic trends (like in Soccer, when people say,'Why don't players dribble anymore?') But you will always get the odd fighter who makes a career out of it - Ricky Hatton & Vasilly Jirov in recent years.. Pac, JMM and Cotto all like a go downstairs aswell..
Been having a little look at the up and coming Chris Eubank Jnr who imo is gonna get somewhere, and it's his blistering body combinations that have caught my eye.. So we might have one for the not too distant future there..

Drifted off topic a little but for some reason, as i've been typing, Tommy Hearns debut as a middleweight kept coming to mind.. Pretty sure it was on the Hagler Mugabe undercard, verses James 'Black Gold' Schuler..
Tommy iced him in the 1st with a righthand from hell, which more than deserves a mention on this thread..
Speaking of up and coming guys, I heard of someone in an upcoming HBO fight named Witherspoon. Would this guy be a son of former heavyweight Tim Witherspoon, by any chance? Speaking of Cotto, love the Cotto left hook to the body, he hadn't used it much recently until the Foreman fight. Not sure if he used it against Margharito in the rematch as I have yet to watch that, I have it here somewhere though. I'll also go with Marciano/Walcott 1 as hardest KO punch I've seen. I heard on Ringside that the photo of Marciano punching Walcott is not the actual KO punch. I wonder if any still photos exist in print of it? I'm sure there are at least screen shots of it online, so I'm sure one can be made these days but one would think that even back then someone would have captured that KO punch and had it published in some newspaper back then. I gotta also go with Tyson/Johnson. Scrub or not, that is one of the hardest punches I've seen Tyson or anyone land on someone, just BAM, the guy's head shook side to side before hitting the canvas.

Oh yeah, what was the Gatti fight where he had one eye swollen shut and still won by knockout with a left hook? I remember HBO used to bring this fight up all the time in all Gatti's fights after that one.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,461,154.99
Total Points: 120,121,581,030.71
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
co sign. I think its the best for me

Hearns vs duran a close second.

jackson put Graham asleep for over 5 minutes.

also, tua vs ruiz
Oh yeah, Hearns/Duran I like too. Man, what a right hand! I think I picked that one in the Timber thread too. Tua is another favorite boxer of mine, MAN what punching power that guy had in his prime.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,934,447.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Speaking of up and coming guys, I heard of someone in an upcoming HBO fight named Witherspoon. Would this guy be a son of former heavyweight Tim Witherspoon, by any chance? Speaking of Cotto, love the Cotto left hook to the body, he hadn't used it much recently until the Foreman fight. Not sure if he used it against Margharito in the rematch as I have yet to watch that, I have it here somewhere though. I'll also go with Marciano/Walcott 1 as hardest KO punch I've seen. I heard on Ringside that the photo of Marciano punching Walcott is not the actual KO punch. I wonder if any still photos exist in print of it? I'm sure there are at least screen shots of it online, so I'm sure one can be made these days but one would think that even back then someone would have captured that KO punch and had it published in some newspaper back then. I gotta also go with Tyson/Johnson. Scrub or not, that is one of the hardest punches I've seen Tyson or anyone land on someone, just BAM, the guy's head shook side to side before hitting the canvas.

Oh yeah, what was the Gatti fight where he had one eye swollen shut and still won by knockout with a left hook? I remember HBO used to bring this fight up all the time in all Gatti's fights after that one.
That'll be Chazz Witherspoon who i believe is Tim's nephew..

He's been around a while now and is quite a classy boxer, but leaves a bit to be desired in the chin department.. Think he's fighting Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell at the end of this month.. And Mitchell's a big puncher, so this could be 'one to watch'.

Marciano Walcott is as classic a 1 punch ko the world will ever see.. Being an old romantic lol, I've got that pic where Walcott looks like he's been force-fed a tripod, hanging on the wall above my bed..

And i think the Gatti fight you're referring to, was the one verses the Dominican, Wilson Rodriguez.. Was voted Ring magazines 'fight of the year' at the time..
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,542,415,790.24
Total Points: 15,626,679,841.15
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

pattersons first KO of johansson was brutal. i saw a documnetary a few years ago where ingos wife was interviewed.

she had to sit up all night to hold his head up bcuz his traps where torn and he couldnt do it himself. she also had to sit there with a towel and wipe his head bcuz he kept bleeding from his ears all night.

now thats a hurtful punch.. and some lousy post fight medical care.

my vote would go to jackson-graham though. thats the most savage one punch knockout i ever seen, dude was out cold for like 6-7min.

Last edited by #1Assassin; 04-26-2012 at 06:34 AM.