Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who wins Mayweather/Cotto on May 5th?
Mayweather KO/TKO 195 26.42%
Mayweather Decision 358 48.51%
Cotto KO/TKO 126 17.07%
Cotto Decision 59 7.99%
Voters: 738. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM
treason1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 treason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond reputetreason1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,345,422.78
Total Points: 16,938,097.01
fair and unbiased fan !!!! ....................jk pactard - Antagonist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Yesterday some Chinese kid named Tommy and his dad came into to the gym (they usually do for sparring) had a video of the kid working the mitts with Roger Mayweather, and said that they were allowed to watch Floyd spar. The kid's dad said that Floyd got dropped by one of his sparring partners with a body shot. Can anyone confirm this? It supposedly happened during the easter weekend.
i was on another message board and i heard the same thing so chances are the story is true !!!!!! and it looks like floydie isnt as unstopaable as some of his fans claim !!!!! if hes getting beat up in sparring , how is he going to be able to take cottos devestating body punches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM
PRp4p757
Contender

Rep Power: 0 PRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these partsPRp4p757 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 42,444.14

Here we go again...the only thing i can say is every time Cotto has fought a fighter who was supposed to beat him with speed he has managed to match their speed or actually make them look slower, ex. Paulie,Zab,Shane,and for the first few rounds even the bolt of lightning that is Pacman. Also I never heard of anyone saying Cotto "gasses out" until after the 1st Margarito fight, and that is highly controversial. How anyone can say who is faster without even seeing the two of them in the same ring is beyond me. Much props to Floyd for taking his most challenging fight to date, without a catch-weight!!!1
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,672,542,570,450,128.00
Total Points: 15,701,762,686,614,218.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline View Post

Floyd looks ripped.

He's trained hard for this fight evidently.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
GOD-FR33
Pacman is a coward

Rep Power: 12 GOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,834,768,742.93
Total Points: 220,990,144,322.40
garbage poster - Body Movin' 
Send a message via ICQ to GOD-FR33
Default Good post.......

"Much props to Floyd for taking his most challenging fight to date, without a catch-weight" Good post here but let's not give Maynever too much credit just yet. He is still a cherry-picker. He only took this fight because Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing and he think's he is finished. Don't let him fool you. Cotto will win the fight because he has a unique skill-set that May hasn't been in the ring with yet. Further more, he fights for legacy before money and that will be the difference. The fact that Floyd hasn't always fought the best, will come back to hunt him and this is cherry-picking gone BAD! I can't wait for May 5th man. History will be made.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Carpe Diem
Seize the day

Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 116,972,032,116,246.62
Total Points: 117,016,175,242,777.80
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

"We had more than one reason for deciding to pick the Mayweather fight instead of the Pacquiao fight, you know. I received better treatment in Mayweather negotiations. We decided to go with Mayweather.

Everything happens in life for a reason, you know. The fight didn't happen 4 or 5, 6 years ago, but it happens now, you know? I feel better right now after Margarito's fight on December 3rd, I feel much better with myself. I think this is the moment, my moment for the fight.

I had everything, I think from Margarito's victory, things stole from me; things he grabbed from myself, you know, and I have it back. I feel much better right now." - Miguel "T-rex" Cotto
Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
WESS
Most Definitely

Location: From the beaches of F.L.A. to the mountains of W.A.
Rep Power: 41 WESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond reputeWESS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,308,985,238,720.42
Total Points: 19,546,047,038,547.49
Have a beer bro - deanrw For getting me a Roy Jones Jr. autograph!!! - TRUTH I love you baby! - JESS & WESS this is what all pactards want to do to you but they cant - I'm so sorry respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
God I hate u filipinos so much!!! fuk manny pacquiao stupid filipino, my hero floyd will whoop him - WESS - Panginoon until I can give you green k. - Round 1 Tri-Cities WA Wine Consultant - WESS 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WESS World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
"We had more than one reason for deciding to pick the Mayweather fight instead of the Pacquiao fight, you know. I received better treatment in Mayweather negotiations. We decided to go with Mayweather.

Everything happens in life for a reason, you know. The fight didn't happen 4 or 5, 6 years ago, but it happens now, you know? I feel better right now after Margarito's fight on December 3rd, I feel much better with myself. I think this is the moment, my moment for the fight.

I had everything, I think from Margarito's victory, things stole from me; things he grabbed from myself, you know, and I have it back. I feel much better right now." - Miguel "T-rex" Cotto
Pac-tards are going to call Cotto a liar...
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,555,987,482,808.66

damn @ floyd arms at 0:23

Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 AM
icebergisonfire
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 icebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond reputeicebergisonfire has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,413.79
No Message - Sugar Booger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
damn @ floyd arms at 0:23

Yeah, Floyd looks ready to go for war in this fight. You know, it's not that us Floyd fan really want to discount anything about Cotto as we know he is a great fighter, we just think that it doesn't really matter about what Miguel wants to do because Floyd is just far more talented than virtually everyone else. Computbox numbers only tell a portion of the story, the eye test will tell you the rest. This is not like Mike Tyson not training for Buster Douglas., the term gym rat was made for people like him. My sig gives testament to that. He does not overlook fighters. Every fight, in the lead up, fans of the opponent comes out of the woodwork to say why Floyd is going to lose. People bring up Castillo and De La Hoya's jab, as they did Ortiz knocking down every opponent he's ever faced and now Cotto with his new trainer. You would think with the way people are talking that Floyd has not learned something too. He's a far smarter fighter than years prior and his body has filled out. When he fought DLH at 154, Floyd was small as ****, look at him now, he is going to come to bang. Ortiz had him by like what, 15 pounds on fight night? Who was backing up who again? Miguel is a genuinely nice guy but the villain is winning on May 5th before he goes to serve a bid.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Puya
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Puya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond reputePuya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,187,087,360.07
Total Points: 56,187,190,522.79
Default Cotto open workout video!

Enjoy

Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Mathiaz
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Mathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond reputeMathiaz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,975.93

With the exception of throwing some lead right hands, Cotto is throwing everything off of his jab, some good work.