Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Verstyle
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,967,362,674,721.97
Total Points: 53,967,363,011,674.81
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico 305 View Post
Damn thats more motivation to know u aint squatting 800 pounds tho.. at least for me haha.

good luck out there, you got a raw ass style.

why you decided to fight that way? your reach is naturally shorter than most by any chance?

i got some stubby ass arms man, i know fools who are inches shorter than me with longer reach, i have to try and go in and fight inside cause ill get tagged all day long at bay
I just liked the style. I actually like Floyd Pattersons bob and weave style more it's more fluid. I like Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Joe Fraziers style. But I have more of a Tyson build so I took some style from him and others.

I've been around this size since 16.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Verstyle
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico 305 View Post
Damn thats more motivation to know u aint squatting 800 pounds tho.. at least for me haha.

good luck out there, you got a raw ass style.

why you decided to fight that way? your reach is naturally shorter than most by any chance?

i got some stubby ass arms man, i know fools who are inches shorter than me with longer reach, i have to try and go in and fight inside cause ill get tagged all day long at bay
I just liked the style. I actually like Floyd Pattersons bob and weave style more it's more fluid. I like Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, and Joe Fraziers style. But I have more of a Tyson build so I took some style from him and others.

I've been around this size since 15. I've been looking for my wrestling pics to show. Haha
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM
RenaissanceMan7
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 RenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissanceMan7 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,270.68

hey i gotta follow suit and say you fight just like mike

the bobbing and weaving

peak a boo style, hands held high

bobbing and then popping up with that left hook

all i can say is may b double on the jab going in, using your elbow a little bit more on the inside

feinting a little bit more

but other than that you are good

im still new at this game myself

ive been boxing on and off for three yrs, and from what ive seen and heard you r doing good
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
greynotsoold
Contender

Rep Power: 3 greynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond reputegreynotsoold has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,009,544.90

You look real good, make some nice moves to get close and punch well to the body. One thing you need to work on is finishing.
What I mean is this. You'll jab your way in, throw some nice punches, then stop punching and step back. I only watched a couple rounds but you did it every time in what I saw, and I know its a sparring session but how you train is how you'll fight. When I boxed,I loved guys that would just step back like that because it would let me steal a lead right on them and finish the exchange in my favor.
You can finish in a bunch of different ways. I was tall for my weight and liked to jab and slide straight back because if he'd follow me I could walk him into a right hand. generally though, angles are better. You can move yourself out to the side, out of his punching range, but in a position where you can keep punching if you choose to.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
MikeTryson
Amateur

Total Points: 4,559.50

props! keep it up! looking good
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Verstyle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
You look real good, make some nice moves to get close and punch well to the body. One thing you need to work on is finishing.
What I mean is this. You'll jab your way in, throw some nice punches, then stop punching and step back. I only watched a couple rounds but you did it every time in what I saw, and I know its a sparring session but how you train is how you'll fight. When I boxed,I loved guys that would just step back like that because it would let me steal a lead right on them and finish the exchange in my favor.
You can finish in a bunch of different ways. I was tall for my weight and liked to jab and slide straight back because if he'd follow me I could walk him into a right hand. generally though, angles are better. You can move yourself out to the side, out of his punching range, but in a position where you can keep punching if you choose to.
Good eye with the stepping back. I do have a habit of doing it. At times it just because I do it or if I hurt someone I tend to step back and let them gain their composure.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM
BTF
Amateur

Total Points: 1,781.62

Similar to Tyson...

But doesn't rely on the cross and right uppercut as much.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Mikhnienko
Lomachenko P4P#1

Rep Power: 29 Mikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,085,070,238.02
Total Points: 42,295,703,182.07
You're alright, my dude - mangler jr thanx for link - Pullcounter Enjoy the fight! - Carnivore Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 Thanks - Mangler Jewnior 
p4p poster - Dick Buffman For your undying love for Boxxy, a truly dedicated man lol! - Lorily ATG boxingscene poster - Freedom. funniest, classiest racist on here. - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Artur Kyshenko Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versastyle View Post

I've been around this size since 16.
You'd like the MW Khurtsidze, he's only 5'4. He lost to N'jikam in France but N'jikam's own fans bood the decision.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Verstyle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhnienko View Post
You'd like the MW Khurtsidze, he's only 5'4. He lost to N'jikam in France but N'jikam's own fans bood the decision.

I like this guy but damn middleweight and 5'4?! Geeez! He looks really good.