Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: POLL: If Mike Tyson was 6'4+ will he be better or worse
Better 5 33.33%
Worse 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
polarcub
Banned

Rep Power: 0 polarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,364.55
Default POLL: If Mike Tyson was 6'4+ will he be better or worse?

Curious as to what people think on this.

Will Iron Mike at 6'4 and 240 pounds of muscles be so unstoppable he can literally KO a god damn gorilla

OR is the reason mike was so good is because he's 5'11 and uses the bob and weave
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM
ironmike2012
Contender

Rep Power: 3 ironmike2012 has a spectacular aura aboutironmike2012 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 6,220,736,025.75
Total Points: 6,220,741,006.23

Tyson until the Spinks fight was unbeatable at 5' 11", he used his size disadvantage into an advantage, he threw short, hard shots and combo's, I think he would have been slower and really just a completely different fighter than the one who was just a killing machine. He didn't do as well against some of the taller fighters, but I think if he had Rooney in his corner, he doesn't lose to Douglas, Holyfield or Lewis. He would have been a bigger target to hit also. He would have been worse, the Peek-a-boo style wouldn't have been able to work.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM
polarcub
Banned

Rep Power: 0 polarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond reputepolarcub has a reputation beyond repute

Won't a 6'4 Tyson just be a coked up version of the Lennox Lewis that destroyed Golota and Grant? though.

I always thought that if Lennox fought like he did against Grant for every fight of his, I don't think he would have lost to McCall or Rahman. Sheer Ferocity can sometimes make up for a lack of preparation and training against lesser fighters.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,278,827.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

Tysons power, movement, ability and speed was mainly due to his frame and size which allowed him to be a little moving tank. The taller you are the more robotic and less mobile. You'd be changing his whole identity changing his complexity.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM
polarcub
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
Tysons power, movement, ability and speed was mainly due to his frame and size which allowed him to be a little moving tank. The taller you are the more robotic and less mobile. You'd be changing his whole identity changing his complexity.

So what you are saying is if Wladimir and Vitali are 6 feet tall, they will be journeymen?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Bombs
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond reputeBombs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,275,701,384.75
Total Points: 35,076,278,827.43
for being agile and athletic wow AND with power.. thanks I guess. awesome cool. amazing athlete. - Bombs you are a real treasure wow so much talent and gift and POWER you are a hidden gem.. okay thanks. - Bombs haha here a beer for your training to get you off track.. okay ha im too strong its okay wont affect me. - Bombs another beer get drunk and focked up in training haha.. ookay i am too powerful and good. i will be okay thanks. - Bombs get fat!! hahahahahahah nyahah. oookay hah lol nah metabolism too fast too in shape too strong amazing okay thanks. - Bombs 
okay here healthy fruit to help sorry hehe.. okayy haha. now that is protein and very good for me. i am becoming even more powerful thanks. - Bombs more fruit!!  okay wow haha cool. i am becoming too powerful. .  i am scared but okay. this power haha thanks. cool. - Bombs to the classiest gentleman on boxingscene. so gentle and classy thanks okay. cool. i try. - Bombs another wine.. get drunk LOL!!  .. woww why would you do that I thought you wanted the best for me and my training and my career. wtf?? okay cool i guess.. - Bombs here the green lantern ring so more powerful you become.. wowo hahah i am so strong and powerful. incredible. give me more lolhahah - Bombs 
Thanks, cheers! - eddie_monster Have a bottle of champagne on me, appreciate the donation brother - ThePrince For quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... - TintaBoricua nice juanma comment - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest .....entertaining poster - MANIAC310 my fave pactard, thanks for the advice - Alx. with a dildo - Ogecca MaMa from Avon, your favorite - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Disposable Arts Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY Gay and Lesbian Pride - CRASH DUMMY 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarcub View Post
So what you are saying is if Wladimir and Vitali are 6 feet tall, they will be journeymen?
I never said that, a jedi never deals in absolutes.. Even though I did with the tall stereotype but then again i'd consider myself a Sith not jedi. or something in between.

But in this case though I do believe the Klitschkos are just product of a dead division and abuse their genetics to their advantage. If the Klitschkos were 5'6-7 they would have gotten pummeled and exposed already. Shrink Vitali that night and Chisora would have eaten him alive.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Jedi Vader
Lord Of The Force

Rep Power: 32 Jedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond reputeJedi Vader has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,337,413,303,053,660.00
Total Points: 13,360,724,795,357,470.00
Have a drink on MEL - MELLY-MEL... No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader No Message - Jedi Vader 
Thanks bro. Here's a beer on me. - led And one more from me : ) - jazluvr Cheers! - sweetpea87 Have a pint for the fights tonight - sweetpea87 Obsessed, hating moron - Szef99 
While you're missing JAB - Weltschmerz Jam it up your butt whilst you're thinking of Wlad - Keitha313 To get yourself ready for JAB - Weltschmerz boxingscene's worst poster - Freedom2014 

Quote:
Exactly this.

The Klitlickers bleat on about the sheer size and power of the Klits. It is only that advantage that has got them where they are today and even then, they don't use those attributes to the fullest.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM
TheMexHurricane
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 TheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these partsTheMexHurricane is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 45,820.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarcub View Post
Curious as to what people think on this.

Will Iron Mike at 6'4 and 240 pounds of muscles be so unstoppable he can literally KO a god damn gorilla

OR is the reason mike was so good is because he's 5'11 and uses the bob and weave
Would the extra 5" be added to his forehead, legs, uper body, or would it be proportinate?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,649.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
I never said that, a jedi never deals in absolutes.. Even though I did with the tall stereotype but then again i'd consider myself a Sith not jedi. or something in between.

But in this case though I do believe the Klitschkos are just product of a dead division and abuse their genetics to their advantage. If the Klitschkos were 5'6-7 they would have gotten pummeled and exposed already. Shrink Vitali that night and Chisora would have eaten him alive.
If the Klitschkos were five feet six or seven they'd be pretty dumb to have ever fought in the heavyweight division.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:06 PM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 428 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 468,599,427,500,553,600.00
Total Points: 468,599,427,500,554,624.00
congrats on 60k posts! - jazluvr great espn gallery!! , just finished wlad vs jackson.another great quality upload. - CAPT AMSTERDAM Some espn classic fights... awesome thread T!  I can't beleive I've never seen it - jose830 i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- 
Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick 
legendary - lazy Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

Don't know the purpose of this thread but.

Fighters used to say it was hard to hit Tyson in his prime. He used his size to his advantage. For the big guys it is often hard to hit the guys that are low to the ground and the constant arguments that some fighters are too big from him are more than likely from fans that weren't around during the Tyson era. Prime Tyson was very good at catching taller guys reaching in.

Later in his career, perhaps post Rooney, Tyson spent more time standing straight up. But in his best days his lack of height was definitely more of an advantage than it ever was a disadvantage.