Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-07-2012, 01:13 AM
DJR005
Contender

Rep Power: 6 DJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond reputeDJR005 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,192,695.02
Total Points: 1,417,015.25
Default Cotto. VS Mayweather. Playout/Predictions

I am a huge fan of Miguel and have been since 2003. I also really admire Floyd's style and slickness as a fighter, def not his out of ring antics and choices of opponents but there's no denying his skills as a fighter and maybe best defensive fighter of all time.
Now anyone that knows boxing know that Floyd is a counter puncher and in recent years hes gone away from throwing combos and instead waits for opponents to throw and pot shots them to defeat with a quick right as a counter but very rarely throws first and if he does it's more of a faint to set up a counter. Now think back to Miguels 2 losses. Manny and Margarito are both fighters that love to pressure much like Miguel used to do with opponents prior to his 1st defeat to loaded gloved Margarito. But when Miguel fought guys who prefer to sit back and counter, he ran through his opponents. Some were tough but he got the W. Miguel now fights more conservative and picks his chances which if he does vs Floyd it will be a boring fight to watch bc unless pbf is on attack for 12 rds he won't leave too many openi gs. However, if Miguel combines his work rate of old( which includes going to body Like he used to) and does so in a smart and strategic fashion, he has a chance. Watch floyd when he goes into his Philly shell defense along the ropes. He leaves his right side of body open to liver shots. Miguel's body punching w his left hook was the most feared punch in boxing from 04 to 08. This fight in my mind is so up in the air contrary to what a lot of people are saying. Floyd will not knock out Miguel bc he doesn't put pressure and that's the only way to beat Miguel unless he just pot shots him for 12 rds which is a possibility if Miguel just waits for openings instead of mixing it up and going to body and getting in and out. I've been wanting to see this for 4 years. Better late than never right
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-07-2012, 01:18 AM
LarryXXX
Hard Work..Dedication!!

Rep Power: 214 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 607,002,222,768,218,177,536.00
Total Points: 607,002,232,768,218,267,648.00
Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland cheers birthday boy - -MAKAVELLI- 
Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- 
Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- 
No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear 

i see floyd walking cotto down swithcing between a high guard and the shell.i see him countering cottos jab with his right hand until cotto no longer throws it.then i see him teeing off on cotto with left hooks.if cotto tries to go to the body he will eat counter right hands up top.cotto is a good man but no way in hell is he winning this fight sorry.beating a 1 legged formean a old ass mayorga and a 1 eyes margo doesnt prepare you for someone like floyd
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,589,786,135,529,664.00
Total Points: 7,607,918,135,808,500.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love &amp; peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

floyd is gonna take cotto with good shots all night and cotto will suffer from a few knockdowns
Old 03-07-2012, 01:27 AM
citolindo
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,916.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm so sorry View Post
floyd is gonna take cotto with good shots all night and cotto will suffer from a few knockdowns
I think this will be a close fight. Cotto need to make it dirty. He need to take a page out bhops book. Tie up alot. He needs to get off early and get ahead on the cards. If he can do this he will pull out the victory. If not may by decision. Only way may knock cotto down let alone out is by distraction. The dude is a great boxer, not a heavy puncher. Gonna be a good fight. I dont understand why people arent happy, what other fights would you rather see. Boxing needs new blood.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 AM
ModernTalking
Cuckold P0rn Connoisseur

Rep Power: 23 ModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond reputeModernTalking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,250,618.66
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 

Floyd should be careful because he's playing with his health here.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 AM
-žunny-
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 -žunny- is a glorious beacon of light-žunny- is a glorious beacon of light-žunny- is a glorious beacon of light-žunny- is a glorious beacon of light-žunny- is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 373,056,587,225.23
Total Points: 373,060,196,737.00

I can see this going in a few directions but unfortunately for the TS, all of them favor Floyd.
What Miguel needs to do is establish his jab and don't get countered. Which I think is almost impossible because Floyd has both the reach and speed advantage. Another flaw in Miguel is that he gives his opponents to much time to think. Cotto hits you with a hell of a combination and then backs off for a few seconds. He does not want to do that because Floyd will be thinking ahead of him so Cotto has gonna have to be busy. I have also noticed that Cotto does not like pressure. I expect Floyd to really put his punches together and pressure Cotto at times in the later rounds.