Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#31
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,426
Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,220,116,121,078.95
Bank: 1,186,763,537,931,584.75
Total Points: 1,215,983,654,052,663.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Exactly and the fact Ezzard Charles a former LHW getting towards the end is your best win is not a good fact on your resume. If he was to lose to this version as he is in this scenario then he wouldn't be remembered as highly. I don't see what's not to get here.
So, you think Marciano is rated too highly now. That's a whole other discussion.

If he went 1-1 with Charles or hypothetically 2-1 with Charles then he would still be remembered almost as highly.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Again it's a week era, Jim Jeffries was the best of his era at a time he doesn't get stock for that.
I'm just stating the fact that he would be remembered.

Rocky is universally known now.

You have implied on numerous occasions he wouldn't if he had 1 loss to Charles.

Fact is, he would. And he'd still be held in very high regard.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
What I'm saying is he's already there BUT, if you were to rank him say 5 or so then a win against Marciano does not justify a move to the 1 spot. You can have him at No1 right now that's jolly well fine and I wouldn't criticize anyone. The point moreso is if he wins against Marciano it does not mean you can move him 5 places to reach the top spot.
I can't see how that's logical.

He's already got an argument now, without a win over Marciano, yet, you can't justify him being there if he had a win over a Top 10- for arguments sake Top 15 Hw (without 2 wins over Charles) in Marciano?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Jimmy Young was a hard man to beat.
Unless you're suggesting beating Jimmy Young is the same as beating Rocky Marciano I again don't see the point in that statement.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
What would be the better win in your opinion, this or Greb over Tunney?
Personally? Greb's win over Tunney.

I'm going to have to ask for the point there. Again.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Well he would still have dominated his era but, not with the same conviction.
So, we've cleared up he still would have dominated his era.

As opposed to your last response that said he wouldn't.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Yes, however his era was harder to dominate. Lewis would not have lost to anyone on Rocky's resume.
I don't recall asking who's era was harder to dominate.

You said "Marciano wouldn't have dominated his era if he went 1-1 with Charles"

Yet, you claim Lennox Lewis dominated his era going 1-1 with two bums.

Although, we've now cleared up that Rocky would have infact dominated his era whether he went 1-1 with Charles or not.

Which of course in effect de-bunks your theory that Marciano would not be held in high regard had he gone 1-1 with Charles.

And as for Lennox Lewis not losing to anyone on Marciano's resume? I find that unfair to say with such conviction.

Fact is, Lennox Lewis could easily have lost to a fighter of Ezzards Charles calibur.

The man got knocked into row Z by Hasim Rahman for crying out loud.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Guaranteed the fact Joe Louis had 25 title defences consecutively helps him.
It wouldn't help him if they were against bums.

It helps him considering who he beat, with such consistency.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-01-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
IronDanHamza is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#32
Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9,714
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 45 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 893,911,481,147.30
Bank: 326,870,262,138,166.44
Total Points: 327,764,173,619,313.75
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
So, you think Marciano is rated too highly now. That's a whole other discussion.

If he went 1-1 with Charles or hypothetically 2-1 with Charles then he would still be remembered almost as highly.






I'm just stating the fact that he would be remembered.

Rocky is universally known now.

You have implied on numerous occasions he wouldn't if he had 1 loss to Charles.

Fact is, he would. And he'd still be held in very high regard.





I can't see how that's logical.

He's already got an argument now, without a win over Marciano, yet, you can't justify him being there if he had a win over a Top 10- for arguments sake Top 15 Hw (without 2 wins over Charles) in Marciano?






Unless you're suggesting beating Jimmy Young is the same as beating Rocky Marciano I again don't see the point in that statement.





Personally? Greb's win over Tunney.

I'm going to have to ask for the point there. Again.







So, we've cleared up he still would have dominated his era.

As opposed to your last response that said he wouldn't.





I don't recall asking who's era was harder to dominate.

You said "Marciano wouldn't have dominated his era if he went 1-1 with Charles"

Yet, you claim Lennox Lewis dominated his era going 1-1 with two bums.

Although, we've now cleared up that Rocky would have infact dominated his era whether he went 1-1 with Charles or not.

Which of course in effect de-bunks your theory that Marciano would not be held in high regard had he gone 1-1 with Charles.

And as for Lennox Lewis not losing to anyone on Marciano's resume? I find that unfair to say with such conviction.

Fact is, Lennox Lewis could easily have lost to a fighter of Ezzards Charles calibur.

The man got knocked into row Z by Hasim Rahman for crying out loud.





It wouldn't help him if they were against bums.

It helps him considering who he beat, with such consistency.
What I am saying is:

Having Charles 1 is fine.
However if you have him at 5 or so. A win over Marciano does not justify sticking him up 4 places.

That's all I'm saying. Marciano's level does in fact go down if he loses to Charles. Charles was a Light Heavyweight and past prime. Rocky's biggest thing going for him is that he beat everyone there was to beat. That's the thing that makes up for him being in a weaker era.

I've just been saying odd **** in a bid to defend myself from a beatdown here.
Reply With Quote
Barn is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
beats, charles, ezzard, marciano

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.