Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
p4p-champ
King of the Ring

Rep Power: 14 p4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond reputep4p-champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 414,532,636,422.57
Total Points: 614,569,472,934.55
Be Joyful - Gift Giver pactard stomping champion - I'm so sorry 

Yep, Bob is worried about what Mayweather would say to Manny and not about losing his cash cow.

I cant believe we still have imbeciles out there that believe Arum really wants the fight to happen. Its clear as night and day. Top Rank are good match makers, they know very well that Mayweather is just too dangerous, too high a risk for Manny. The probability of Manny losing against Mayweather is high, that's a risk Top Rank and Bob do not want to make. Arum and his company would rather Manny lose to an in house Top Rank fighter then to someone outside. Its smart business but when it comes to real boxing fans, its complete bullshit.

Manny will never be allowed to face Mayweather until he leaves Top Rank and makes the fight himself. Which means, we're never going to see the fight, its simple as that.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,241,400.62
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFP4P View Post
you don't that the roadblock right now is the split. a split that was agreed upon years ago. whether or not top rank is serious in making the fight or not is irrelevant if mayweather is demanding a bigger split. until they agree the split that fight will not happen and everything else is irrelevant. wake the **** up.
The roadblock will always be to you whatever Pac is not agreeing too , not accepting 40 mill is a roadblock considering its nearly double his biggest purse , not accept a very fair for both drugs test is a roadblock , May 5th was a roadblock , the stadium was a roadblock , its tit for tat all the way .

Like I said you will take whatever Pacs last no was about as being Floyds roadblock no matter how the big picture is painted , Floyd brings more money into every fight he is in and he wants a bigger slice , whether you think its fair or unfair is not a qualified judgement on the business side of the equation .

To be honest I dont get it , I think its more about the animosity between Floyd Arum and GB than the money , if I were Floyd I would go hard for a winner take all deal , he likes to gamble well gamble it all on himself , but thats me thats what I would do in the situation they are in .
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
SoulByThePound
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 23,179.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
Nope... probably not.
Personally, people need to stop focusing on this B.S (it was obvious they weren't going to fight from the start) and focus on what's happening now. There are a ton of good fights coming up that're getting less attention than this bull
Hypocrite..........
Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Brandish
Banned

Total Points: 76,355.75
you need a kick - Freedom. muh race card - thuggery Floyd's just used it. Enjoy. - MrTambourineMan 

PAC the coward and we are supposed to believe he really wants to fight Floyd
Old 01-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux

Bank: 26,813,947,434,205.93
Total Points: 1,626,813,957,457,299.00
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

On Wednesday, Arum said he met with construction officials as well as officials from the Wynn and Sands Hotel. Arum also visited the construction site, a 40-acre plot jointly owned by the two hotels.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:23 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 58 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 753,359,919,660,381.00
Total Points: 753,364,927,155,350.50
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
On Wednesday, Arum said he met with construction officials as well as officials from the Wynn and Sands Hotel. Arum also visited the construction site, a 40-acre plot jointly owned by the two hotels.

...it really is amazing the selective memories some posters on here have
Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Brandish
Banned

Total Points: 76,355.75
you need a kick - Freedom. muh race card - thuggery Floyd's just used it. Enjoy. - MrTambourineMan 

They don't gave selective memories their retarded
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 PM
AgainstTheRopes
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 AgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond reputeAgainstTheRopes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 466,455.14
Total Points: 10,000,524,490.41

and people want to know why Mayweather doesn't want to work with Arum anymore.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Calabis
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Calabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these partsCalabis is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,359.67

You can post a million articles about it...they will ignore and continue with the spin

From Pacs own camp in 2011

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s conditioning coach Alex Ariza took a swing at boxing promoter Bob Arum for allegedly preventing the fight between the Filipino boxing icon and archrival Floyd Mayweather Jr. from happening.

Ariza claimed that Arum only wanted Pacquiao to fight Top Rank’s boxers so that Top Rank will get all the profits.

It’s clear as to why the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight has never happened. It's always about what's best for Bob and his agenda… Whoever Manny fights, he has to fight in-house,” Ariza told Fighthype.com’s Ben Thompson.

Ariza claimed that another reason why Arum is opposing a Mayweather fight because of his hatred towards the unbeaten boxer and his handlers.

Ariza said Arum does not want Mayweather to make a dime out of Pacquiao.

“Arum hates Floyd Mayweather, can't stand him, he doesn't want to see him make a dollar, can't stand Golden Boy, doesn't want to do business with them,” he said.

Pacquiao earlier announced that talks for the Mayweather fight are now ongoing.

He said he sent his adviser, Michael Koncz, to talk to Arum about the superfight.

However, Ariza claimed that Koncz is in cahoots with the boxing promoter.

“I know that Michael Koncz says that he's having a meeting with Bob to negotiate the Mayweather fight. They're having a meeting on how to make sure that this fight doesn't happen. That's what their meeting is about,” said Ariza.

Ariza said he and boxing coach Freddie Roach have been actively pursuing the Mayweather fight because it will be good for Pacquiao.

He said putting Pacquiao in another rematch against Juan Manuel Marquez is bad strategy.

“If Manny wants to fight Floyd and if he fights Floyd, and hypothetically loses to Floyd, the Marquez fight is still there,” explained Ariza.

“If Manny fights Marquez and he loses to Marquez, the Floyd fight is gone,” he added.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11...yweather-fight
Old 01-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 335,129,192,489,323.06
Total Points: 335,129,192,594,505.19
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come***8706;ian View Post
LAS VEGAS — Manny Pacquiao has chosen his next opponent, and it’s not Floyd Mayweather. In an interview at his office Wednesday, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said Pacquiao has chosen his next opponent — whom Arum would only divulge was one of the four previously reported candidates, Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto or Lamont Peterson — and plans to make his return to the ring on June 9 at a new outdoor facility off the Strip.

Arum reiterated that the problem with making a May fight with Mayweather was the timing. Mayweather has insisted that the fight take place May 5, tweeting Tuesday that “the date can’t change.” Arum says construction on a 38,000-seat temporary facility cannot be completed until later in the month. On Wednesday, Arum said he met with construction officials as well as officials from the Wynn and Sands Hotel. Arum also visited the construction site, a 40-acre plot jointly owned by the two hotels.

“To be safe, they said they needed until the end of May to get it done,” Arum said. “Economically, it’s a problem that Floyd created. The amount that would be lost by moving it up to May 5th is enormous. The fight is not going to happen on May 5th. We’ll do the fight in November. There is no real magic in doing it in May.”

Arum says he plans to move forward with building the outdoor facility and test it out in Pacquiao’s next fight. Arum added that he and Pacquiao were on the same page as far as Pacquiao’s future

“He realizes that economically the May 5th date is not smart,” Arum said. “If you postpone it two or three weeks, you can make so much more money. Mayweather told the court he was committed to fight on May 5th. I think they lied and said Pacquiao was ready to fight him. Now they are saying the judge ordered them to fight on May 5? Was the MGM behind this? If the judge says you have to surrender yourself on June 1st, what the f— does it matter to the judge if you fight on May 5th or two weeks later?”

A call and text message to Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, was not immediately returned.

– Chris Mannix

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2012/01/18/...st-mayweather/
Hmmmm yea the stadium was well tested in Pacquiao next fight wasn't it? Pac might act dumb but he plays Arums game too perfectly.