Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,881,699.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 
Default Juan Manuel Marquez and Winky Wright: The 2 most robbed fighters in the 00's???

Are Marquez and Wright the 2 most robbed or slighted fighters in the 00's???

Marquez' has 6 losses on his record and a draw. 2 to Pacquiao, 1 to John, 1 to Norwood, 1 to Mayweather, and 1 DQ in his first bout ever, as well as 1 draw with Pacquiao. One could easily make the argument that the only real losses Marquez has is the loss to Mayweather and his DQ during his first bout ever.

Marquez clearly won the Norwood and John fights to me, as well as the 2nd Pacquiao fight. I don't see how any can realistically debate those 3. The other really questionable fight with JMM was the 3rd Pac fight obviously. I initially scored the fight a draw, and having watched it multiple times since, it could have gone either way. As far as the draw with Pac, I scored the fight for Manny by 1 point. JMM won more rounds, but the 3 knockdowns won Manny the fight to me. Either way, Marquez has 3 fights with Manny Pacquiao, as well as fights with Freddie Norwood and Chris John where many feel he was robbed or slighted.

Wright clearly won the Simon fight, as well as the Jermain Taylor fight. The Fernando Vargas fight was close, but watching the fight I thought Winky controlled most of the action and landed the more effective punches, as did most. Wright lost to Vasquez early on, and did lose to Hopkins at 170, though I thought it was closer than the scorecards indicated. And he did lose to Williams coming out of retirement bascially. That still leaves the fights with Simon, Vargas, and Taylor where most felt Winky Wright was robbed. The Vargas and Taylor wins would have added a lot to Wright's legacy.

Do you feel these 2 guys are the most slighted/robbed fighters in the 00's??? Or is there some other guys you feel have been more slighted???
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 120 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,569,891,826,268.38
Total Points: 3,846,892,153,404.64
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

Marquez wasn't really robbed in most his close losses though, the only fights people really agree on are the third Pacquiao fight, which I disagree with, and the John fight. I don't think I've ever seen the Norwood fight.

Winky/Taylor was close, I gave it to Winky but I can understand the other way. Vargas I thought Winky beat.

I'm sure there are lesser fighters that have been robbed worse and more blatantly. It wasn't the '00s, but Campillo for example.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:31 PM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,858,136,906.55
Total Points: 1,187,859,157,789.81
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Gabriel Campillo
Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Eaner0919
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 Eaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond reputeEaner0919 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,526,150,453.35
Total Points: 10,546,373,450.97
P4P 1 of Bscene's Best! - jazluvr My Favorite Margo fan-bud! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - jazluvr 

Glen Johnson
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,881,699.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Campillo was a good one as well. I thought JMM was robbed the 2nd Pacquiao fight, I thought that was more clear than the 3rd fight, which I scored a draw initially.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,967,919,236,469.34
Total Points: 150,970,600,894,712.06
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CornersKid View Post
Are Marquez and Wright the 2 most robbed or slighted fighters in the 00's???

Marquez' has 6 losses on his record and a draw. 2 to Pacquiao, 1 to John, 1 to Norwood, 1 to Mayweather, and 1 DQ in his first bout ever, as well as 1 draw with Pacquiao. One could easily make the argument that the only real losses Marquez has is the loss to Mayweather and his DQ during his first bout ever.

Marquez clearly won the Norwood and John fights to me, as well as the 2nd Pacquiao fight. I don't see how any can realistically debate those 3. The other really questionable fight with JMM was the 3rd Pac fight obviously. I initially scored the fight a draw, and having watched it multiple times since, it could have gone either way. As far as the draw with Pac, I scored the fight for Manny by 1 point. JMM won more rounds, but the 3 knockdowns won Manny the fight to me. Either way, Marquez has 3 fights with Manny Pacquiao, as well as fights with Freddie Norwood and Chris John where many feel he was robbed or slighted.

Wright clearly won the Simon fight, as well as the Jermain Taylor fight. The Fernando Vargas fight was close, but watching the fight I thought Winky controlled most of the action and landed the more effective punches, as did most. Wright lost to Vasquez early on, and did lose to Hopkins at 170, though I thought it was closer than the scorecards indicated. And he did lose to Williams coming out of retirement bascially. That still leaves the fights with Simon, Vargas, and Taylor where most felt Winky Wright was robbed. The Vargas and Taylor wins would have added a lot to Wright's legacy.

Do you feel these 2 guys are the most slighted/robbed fighters in the 00's??? Or is there some other guys you feel have been more slighted???

marquez is a good one, but the first two pacquiao fights were far too close to be called a robbery in my opinion

if a case can be made for either guy it's never a robbery

the third fight in my opinion is 8-4 or even 9-3 for marquez. that was a robbery. very few, if any outside of the judges scored that fight for pacquiao.

i've never seen the simon fight (and i've tried very hard to get the footage, so if you know where i can find it i'd love a link,) but the newspaper/media accounts and the testimony i've heard have mostly reflected another close fight.

the taylor fight was close, but i've found most people to favor winky. what a fight that was.

glen johnson deserves a mention.

he's had plenty of questionable decisions. he thinks he's won every fight he's ever been in, lol! (other than hopkins of course, and there are plenty of real L's in the other 15 that went the distance)
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 PM
BillyBoxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 BillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond reputeBillyBoxing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,081,784.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CornersKid View Post
Campillo was a good one as well. I thought JMM was robbed the 2nd Pacquiao fight, I thought that was more clear than the 3rd fight, which I scored a draw initially.
In the 2nd fight?How many round do you give to Marquez??7?8?
Marquez was dropped once
Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,967,919,236,469.34
Total Points: 150,970,600,894,712.06
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaner0919 View Post
Glen Johnson

yup ^

he strung a few robberies together in the early 2000's
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
El.Naranjito707
El Michoacano

Rep Power: 7 El.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond reputeEl.Naranjito707 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 195,568,757,508.45
Total Points: 217,873,128,958.23
!!! - `STEELHEAD I feel like sending pressies, have a cookie :D - Bossy for being a good sport. - jose830 

Lucas Mathysse
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
bigcursedawg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 bigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,073,457.19
Great poster! - E.P.T. to an ATG poster. One who always keeps it 100% real - BrushMyHair 

Marquez started getting robbed in the 90's.
The worst was the John fight, it wasn't even a close fight at all. Even with the 2 points deducted from JMM, he won the fight my a 3 point margin IMO. Then worst decision he got Pacquiao Marquez 3. Mayweather was the only fighter to decisively beat Marquez. All of his other losses have been relatively close fights that I wouldn't call robberies.