Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,763,537,931,584.75
Total Points: 1,215,983,654,052,845.50
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Prime Liston knocks out Fraizer.

But echoing what other's have said, in 1969, Liston was done and Frazier was fresh in his prime.

He'd have beat Liston up bad at that point.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 95 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,416,476,361,321.92
Total Points: 81,419,157,987,857.08
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
Prime for prime? Listons length and jab keep him at a somewhat safe length for a Few rounds. Around round 6 joe starts smokin and he ain't jokin. Using his phenominal head movement. Frazier gets under the jab and starts working the body. After a few scares due to listons power, sonnys lead begins to dwindle. Frazier landinh big anf Liston tiring late into the fight. I think Liston survives the late onslaught to win a Close decision.

1969? Liston hasnt a chance in hell. That's a prime frazier. I think he batters liston to a late stoppage.

i too think liston's length and his power would give frazier issues as he came forward and that he'd probably beat joe via decision if they were both in their primes.

but in 1969 frazier would have beat the bag out of him bro and you ain't joking.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 118,870,279,109.95
Total Points: 231,855,140,709.56
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Im sticking with the popular view here:

69' - Its Frazier all the way

Prime for Prime - Liston knocks him out, within 4, 5 or 6 at a push but only because Sonny was far more patient than Foreman

Id root for Frazier though, one of the very few select Heavys id do so over Liston
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
DeepSleep
Hookin' With Hookers

Rep Power: 8 DeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond reputeDeepSleep has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,284,758.97
Total Points: 1,284,967.45
thanks agian.... - supRa 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - supRa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Prime Liston knocks out Fraizer.

But echoing what other's have said, in 1969, Liston was done and Frazier was fresh in his prime.

He'd have beat Liston up bad at that point.
^^^ Exactly my thoughts.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,036,363.14

I'm gonna buck the trend and say prime for prime- Smokin Joe takes him out in the 12th in a barnburner of a fight. Joe wins because he takes the punishment better than Liston, but then again I always thought Liston was overrated
Old 01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,799,211.82
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

I agree with Liston, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Brawling inside with Liston is a suicidal idea, even if you're trying to bob and weave while you do it.