Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
kbpoetree
Coach/Boxer/TheSport

Rep Power: 288 kbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond reputekbpoetree has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,759,661,526.60
Total Points: 9,759,674,543.62
Hey man you short on e-gifts...start yo collection - BritishBoxing92 to help you stay up for the big fights! - jazluvr 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rorymac 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito_bandito View Post
I'm 5'9 and walk around 158 pounds. I had to spar this cat that was 6'4 and 190+ pounds. I started out jabbing and as soon as my jab tapped his wrist this fool backs up and throws his jab but I kept slipping it. Then he tells me to come forward to make it a phone booth fight but the previous guy he sparred was getting pushed way too much. I step in and throw a right hand and he backs up and leaves his left jab hanging there to keep me apart and to force to move to his right. That pissed me off and at the end this guy tells me I was fighting scared. I was just not trying to fall for his BS. I watched the Omar Henry vs Margarito sparring session and saw how Henry pushed margs with his left guard down and it cut his high guard from throwing punches so he threw a right hand. Any advice?
haha sounds like dude u were sparrin is one of those SCARED bully's....haven to try and tell the smaller guy where to move so he can hit u...dont play his games like has been said...move move move..tire him out...then when he rares back to throw the right..pop him w a lil overhand right square in the sternum...then kick him and tell him to shove it lmao..sounds likehe deserves the kick....jus sayin
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Rockin'
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,588,368,032,279.08
Total Points: 31,588,368,078,400.83
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

you had the advantage if you know how to work it. these big guys can move you when they land but if you use your eyes and your speed you could be sharp shooting them while getting out of the way of their slow moving bombs. when you do have the oppertunity to land make him feel it, let him know that you are there to fight. sure thing you won't knock him out but you may earn respect to let him know that he can't just walkin in on you.

Smash this guy a good one upside his head and then use the ring, your eyes and most of all your speed. See where this gets you six minutes later.

remember, the champions will always show up again the next day to do it all again.

Much respect for getting in there...........Rockin'
Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 AM
dctopboots01
Banned

Rep Power: 0 dctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond reputedctopboots01 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 37,431.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito_bandito View Post
I'm 5'9 and walk around 158 pounds. I had to spar this cat that was 6'4 and 190+ pounds. I started out jabbing and as soon as my jab tapped his wrist this fool backs up and throws his jab but I kept slipping it. Then he tells me to come forward to make it a phone booth fight but the previous guy he sparred was getting pushed way too much. I step in and throw a right hand and he backs up and leaves his left jab hanging there to keep me apart and to force to move to his right. That pissed me off and at the end this guy tells me I was fighting scared. I was just not trying to fall for his BS. I watched the Omar Henry vs Margarito sparring session and saw how Henry pushed margs with his left guard down and it cut his high guard from throwing punches so he threw a right hand. Any advice?
It depends on the opponant. You might feel confortable jab and moving on the outside, making the taller guy give up his height. You may also want to work on the inside, so he can't use his reach advantage (watch and Joe Frazier fight or Chisora-Helenius is a great example)!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
WarMaidana
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 WarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,000,006,200,653.16
Keep it up champ! - LoadedWraps WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps Maidana took Floyd to deep waters! We did it! - LoadedWraps 

i spar taller guys often, the thing that works the best for me (except on one of them who has kinda figured me out, hes alot more experienced too) is fight really low, and destroy his body. Another thign that works for me duck down low (he will expect a body shot if youve been throwing lots) then blast up with the right.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM
WarMaidana
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 WarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond reputeWarMaidana has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,000,006,200,653.16
Keep it up champ! - LoadedWraps WAR Maidana! - LoadedWraps Maidana took Floyd to deep waters! We did it! - LoadedWraps 

I agree too, its ****ty sparrign different size guys, they are unrealistic matchups compared to your actual fights
Old 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
BTF
Amateur

Total Points: 1,771.62

Get inside and negate their reach advantage. That and make them move around a lot.

Make them follow you around the ring, wait for them to punch first, then slip and move inside. Work the body, finish to the head, and jump back out.