Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Kris Silver
Kneel 4 Silver,good boy!

Rep Power: 31 Kris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,403,295,942,225.82
Total Points: 12,503,296,100,175.26
cheers mate - TheDemdzasGhost Happy 1K anniversary! Keep up the good work! - BatTheMan Here ya go - T-97 No Message - T-97 A toast to our old friend 'Reasoning'....RIP - Chunk 
Top Poster! - abadger Here's some loving! - T-97 Happy 2000th - Puas No Message - T-97 For being one of the few sane people here! - FRKO 
3k, congrats to a good poster - MELLY-MEL... Have an apple - danc1984 Happy new year, Kris. - T-97 A toast to the great KrisSilver. - FRKO Thanks. Happy 2009 to you too. - Silencers 
you're a good poster...cheers mate - Makavelli Thanks for your support - Massage Queen Good poster, always a gentlemen. - Jewshua Happy Christmas in advance. - S a m u r a i Have another. - S a m u r a i 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson should have rematch, says WBA chief

Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson should have rematch, says WBA chief
with video - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16450797.stm

World Boxing Association president Gilberto Mendoza has called for a rematch of the bout between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson.

Khan lost his WBA and IBF titles to Peterson in Washington DC in December but has questioned a number of aspects of the fight, including an unknown man seen talking to the judges.

Mendoza said: "It generates a lot of controversy. There should be a rematch.

"The [Washington DC] Commission did not behave properly in this fight."

Olympic silver medallist Khan lost his light-welterweight titles on a split decision after being deducted one point in both the seventh and 12th rounds but has appealed against the verdict.

Judges George Hill and Valerie Dorsett scored the fight 113-112 in favour of Peterson, with Nelson Vasquez giving the bout to Khan 115-110.

Hill's card looked to have originally given the seventh round to Khan, but contains amendments that resulted in Peterson taking it 10-8.

On Thursday, Khan accused the unidentified man of "interfering" with officials and the judges' scorecards by posting a number of images from the bout on his Twitter page.

The Bolton fighter claimed the man talked to WBA supervisor Michael Welsh and also celebrated with Peterson after his win.

However, when contacted by BBC Sport, Welsh refused to answer any questions about the mystery man or what was said.

Mendoza asserted that the man claimed to be an International Boxing Federation official but the IBF say they are not making any comment on his identity.

The WBA also said that it has no knowledge of the man's identity, while Mendoza added that Welsh was ignored when he raised concerns about the individual at ringside.

"Welsh was concerned about the gentleman being around him and couldn't get the coordination to do his job properly during the fight," said Mendoza. "He said he was totally ignored by the commission in Washington."

Khan's business manager, Asif Vali, said that they had written to the boxing authorities for explanations to several areas of concern.

"We did the table plan with Golden Boy Promotions [Khan's promoter] and the WBA official was already in his seat and the IBF official was already in his seat, so who is this person?" he asked.

"What's he doing talking to the WBA? Why is he handling the slips?

"These are legitimate questions and if they give us sufficient reasons for it then I'll accept it. I want to see what the reasons are.

"We're not saying there is foul play involved in any way, shape or form. I just need the answers for the sequence of events that have taken place. Nothing else.

"I'm not accusing any of the bodies. Lamont Peterson is the champion and good luck to him for 2012."

Last edited by Kris Silver; 01-06-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Kris Silver
Kneel 4 Silver,good boy!

Rep Power: 31 Kris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,403,295,942,225.82
Total Points: 12,503,296,100,175.26
cheers mate - TheDemdzasGhost Happy 1K anniversary! Keep up the good work! - BatTheMan Here ya go - T-97 No Message - T-97 A toast to our old friend 'Reasoning'....RIP - Chunk 
Top Poster! - abadger Here's some loving! - T-97 Happy 2000th - Puas No Message - T-97 For being one of the few sane people here! - FRKO 
3k, congrats to a good poster - MELLY-MEL... Have an apple - danc1984 Happy new year, Kris. - T-97 A toast to the great KrisSilver. - FRKO Thanks. Happy 2009 to you too. - Silencers 
you're a good poster...cheers mate - Makavelli Thanks for your support - Massage Queen Good poster, always a gentlemen. - Jewshua Happy Christmas in advance. - S a m u r a i Have another. - S a m u r a i 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 103 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,276,345,403,776.16
Total Points: 19,286,407,210,936.05
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas 

See, now that man touching the paper is questionable. That's something to bring up concern and controversy. Good job to detective Khan for searching tape hours on end since his loss to find this.
As for the scorecard, people who bring this up as cheating is effing retarded. I don't say this as much as some people here, but if you think the scratched out 10-8 for Khan is cheating, you really don't know **** about boxing.
I dunno what he did to/influenced Hill's card though. Fight was close, cards were close. The only questionable rounds were the last ones.