Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 AM
stefl14
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 stefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,545,037,218.52
Total Points: 9,545,062,060.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by check hook View Post
Nah, he's got ages to go. In the context of p4p FMJ, MP, Donaire, Martinez and a host of others are better.
Someone talking sense. Ward is a fantastic fighter but I don't think he's anything like scintillating to be honest. He has the talent to move up the rankings but people suggesting that his talent is on par with Floyd's is simply laughable. There is no other word for it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Lostlinka
Brown Bomber

Rep Power: 0 Lostlinka has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bank: 2,009.69
Total Points: 3,696.79

Defintely too early to be talking about ward as the next #P4P king (even though the ranking is bull**** anyway). He does show all the signs though, his defence, accuracy and movement may not be up to Floyds yet but I haven't seen anyone come so close to that kind of perfection so we should just watch how his next few fights pan out. Preferably getting a convincing win over Bute and seeing what comes next.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:43 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,440.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefl14 View Post
I don't know why but when I watch Mayweather I can appreciate his skills a lot more. To me, Ward is a lot more boring than Mayweather. Mayweather can be putting on a clinic and landing hard combinations like he was starting to do with Ortiz but Ward just strikes me as an efficient fighter who will never have anyone in danger at the top level.
I can agree with this. That's partly why I can appreciate Ward more though. He doesn't possess any significant physical advantage over his opponents. His speed's good but it's not blistering. He wins because he's smarter than his opponents, he out thinks them and adjusts to beat them.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:44 AM
stefl14
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 stefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond reputestefl14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlinka View Post
Defintely too early to be talking about ward as the next #P4P king (even though the ranking is bull**** anyway). He does show all the signs though, his defence, accuracy and movement may not be up to Floyds yet but I haven't seen anyone come so close to that kind of perfection so we should just watch how his next few fights pan out. Preferably getting a convincing win over Bute and seeing what comes next.
Agree with these points for the most part. On the third point, I think that Dawson looked just as good or better before Pascal got to him. I'm not saying I think Ward will fade like Dawson because I think he has more heart and is more proven. However, I do think that we need to wait before declaring him a great and a pound for pound king!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:47 AM
stefl14
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Ovah View Post
I can agree with this. That's partly why I can appreciate Ward more though. He doesn't possess any significant physical advantage over his opponents. His speed's good but it's not blistering. He wins because he's smarter than his opponents, he out thinks them and adjusts to beat them.
These are fair points. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward. He is humble, skilful and dedicated, but I am never amazed with him like I am with Mayweather or the Roy Jones of the past. I like Wards personality so I hope he continues to do well and that's all I've got to say!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Lostlinka
Brown Bomber

Rep Power: 0 Lostlinka has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bank: 2,009.69
Total Points: 3,696.79

Quote:
On the third point, I think that Dawson looked just as good or better before Pascal got to him. I'm not saying I think Ward will fade like Dawson because I think he has more heart and is more proven. However, I do think that we need to wait before declaring him a great and a pound for pound king!
Totally agree with you. What impressed me most about Wards performance was that he never looked out of control. Even though some rounds were low on action, he just exhuded this quality that only a few fighters show. To keep it up for a grueling 12 rounds was very impressive, but yes, watch and wait...
Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,050,671.73
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

I don't know about this but Ward is an excellent fighter!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,040,931.76

I do agree that he's not yet Mayweather-level.

He's a tremendous fighter and does everything well, but he's got a long way to go before those comparisons hold any real weight. He's rolled through a number of top fighters in the past couple years with relative ease and he's showed nothing but brilliance in doing so. He's definietly a P4P fighter, but Mayweather has been doing those things for 15 years.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 AM
TheKza
Prince Of Shiet

Rep Power: 21 TheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond reputeTheKza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,452,417,028,159.75
Total Points: 50,783,307,938,808.85
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Repeddled Always caring for me :p - P.K BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama Thanks again! - eddie_monster 
Medal for TheKza.. - -KULT- Safe ;) - rorymac nice betting with you bro. cheers - chiguy91 Thanks for the bet !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANIAC310 

Quote:
There are people saying Ward is on par with Mayweather which is laughable and they say he should be knocking on the door and maybe overtake him pound for pound. If that's not ridiculous then I don't know what is.
People recognise his skill level. It all depends on what Floyd and Andre do within the next year. If Ward beats Bute and a top 3 LHW and Floyd does not fight Pacman or Martinez. Then it will be difficult for Floyd to be ranked above Ward.

It's all hypothetical but that's how i see it.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 AM
nomadman
Eurasian gonna get you

Rep Power: 14 nomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond reputenomadman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,720,645.64
Total Points: 4,354,684,440.55
For many, many excellent posts on this forum - ChopperRead one of our best posters - Freedom. Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
These are fair points. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward. He is humble, skilful and dedicated, but I am never amazed with him like I am with Mayweather or the Roy Jones of the past. I like Wards personality so I hope he continues to do well and that's all I've got to say!
Yeah I can get behind that.