Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 AM
ATG Fighter
One and Only

Rep Power: 13 ATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,597,445,294.48
Total Points: 17,601,993,942.61

His mouth might just land him a big fight soon. It has been the case for plenty of other big mouths before..............
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-13-2011, 08:47 AM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,725,236,097.00
For disobeying me - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Is anyone else getting a bit tired of this guy? Seems like a day can't go by without him giving an interview calling out Floyd, talking about how he's studied Floyd, knows he'll master him etc. Today he says 'Pacquiao is another fighter I know I can beat'. Obviously the guy is trying to talk himself into a major fight and payday, but he's starting to grate on me at this point.

Firstly, he keeps referring to himself as a 'five-time world champion at three weights'. In truth, he's a two-time world champion. He's won three interim titles. I don't count interim titles as legitimate world titles, and nor should anyone else. They're basically titles given to number one contenders who have to wait for their title shot. That's not a champion. That's a number one contender - and not even across the board, but a number one contender within one sanctioning body! You could feasibly be fourth or fifth best in the world, and still be an interim champion. Interim championships don't mean a whole lot. Guerrero referring to himself as a 'five-time world champion' is an insult to legitimate five-time world champions.

He's a two-time world champion; he won a title at super-feather and a title at featherweight. He didn't fight the best guy at either weight. In fact, I've got a feeling at least one of those wins was for a vacant belt.

This is a guy who was knocked down BY A JAB from a 40 year old Joel Casamayor THREE FIGHTS AGO, and who was "floored" by Michael Katsidis in his last fight (though the ref didn't call it; round 2; glove touched down on the canvas on a Katsidis left hook). He's not exactly setting the world alight. He's not someone who deserves a fight with Pacquiao or Mayweather. Not only has he never fought as a welterweight (though he is big), I think he's only ever had one fight at junior-welterweight (against Casa)! And I know a lot of people have forgotten, but Orlando Salido taxed his ass at 130lbs in 2006 before it was changed to a NC - coincidentally on a Mayweather UNDERCARD!

So to clarify, Guerrero expects to leapfrog one of the most talent-rich divisions in boxing (140: Khan, Bradley, Maidana, Peterson, Alexander, D. Garcia, Matthysse, Alvarado, Vargas, Holt, Soto) to land a fight with one of boxing's biggest stars (Mayweather/Pacquiao) off the basis of what...a decision win over Michael Katsidis (who has lost to Diaz, Casamayor, Burns, Marquez)? Hell no. Get the f uck out of here, Guerrero.

For the record, I think he's a very capable fighter, and he seems like a good kid apart from his incessant nagging. Strong, big, southpaw, good left hand, right hook. But he doesn't strike me as a special fighter in the realm of a Pacquiao, Mayweather, of an Andre Ward, Nonito Donaire, Chad Dawson. He gets hit easily, he's fast but not blazingly quick, and he has a pretty simple come-forward jab/throw left hand style. Easy work for someone as gifted/quick/smart as Mayweather. I also think Pacquiao would kill him, mow his ass down. In a way I'd welcome either fight to shut this guy up.

My advice to Guerrero: reschedule your fight with Maidana. That'll be a good indicator of whether you're remotely ready for the sport's biggest stars and best fighters. Alternatively, fight a top 140 lb'er or upcoming fighter (Danny Garcia, for example), fight Victor Ortiz, fight Marquez, fight Brandon Rios, fight Mike Jones. You don't just get a Cinco de Mayo fight with Floyd just because you're a frickin Mexican-American. That doesn't fly.
Your a God....Im copying and pasting this and sending it to goldenboy in email...I always send them complaints, and Im not a boxing aficianado....I dont know everything about every fighter...I'm slowly becoming a diehard obsessed fan...slowly but surely....I HATE gurerro....U broke down his whole **** and put it with a frustrated voice....I always complained about the weight issue with him, and him not wanting to fight the best in order to become the number 3 fighter in the world, so he could be behind Pac and Floyd...But u put it WAAAAAY better than I could ever...brb..."dear golden boy...."
Old 12-13-2011, 08:51 AM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these parts
For disobeying me - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogybro View Post
See? This two line post is straight to the point.

And I'd say he done more than most to deserve a big pay day. Isn't he a 3 time world champion?
Thats why u need to read the post...he didnt do **** to deserve it...Is he the number 3 ww behind Pac and Floyd?...No, Ortiz is and Floyd gave him his shot, so how does robert get his
Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogybro View Post
Hahaha, you're right dawg. You've got it all there in your second paragraph.

Edit: In fairness to Guerrero, he hasn't only been calling out Floyd. The next name you constantly hear coming out of the dudes mouth is Amir Khan, which is a much more likely fight.

And JMM was floored by Katsidis. BIG TIME. But we're not going to sit here and question whether he deserved to fight Pacqiaou because of that, because that would be stupid.
He doesnt even deserve a fight with Khan, until he fights Madaina...how do u jump from 35 and earn a shot at Khan who was the champion of that class?.. Yea Khan is washed up now and Maybe Khan is shot and needs to retire(Disregard that statement, its just funny to say), but BEFORE Lamont and Khan, Robert didnt deserve a fight with Khan
Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Murder1
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Murder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these partsMurder1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 29,857.28

I feel you Kilrain. The dude is starting to get real annoying. He should move up to 140 win some big fights, get p4P ranking and then call out May/Pac. Dude, just shut up! And he got his butt-buddy Donaire co-signing.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
SOPH~ REP.
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 SOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond reputeSOPH~ REP. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 116,795.03

Put'em in with Bradley
Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 AM
IRISH LULLABY
Banned

Rep Power: 0 IRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond reputeIRISH LULLABY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,984,583.36
Head and Neck Cancer - ИATAS206 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Is anyone else getting a bit tired of this guy? Seems like a day can't go by without him giving an interview calling out Floyd, talking about how he's studied Floyd, knows he'll master him etc. Today he says 'Pacquiao is another fighter I know I can beat'. Obviously the guy is trying to talk himself into a major fight and payday, but he's starting to grate on me at this point.

Firstly, he keeps referring to himself as a 'five-time world champion at three weights'. In truth, he's a two-time world champion. He's won three interim titles. I don't count interim titles as legitimate world titles, and nor should anyone else. They're basically titles given to number one contenders who have to wait for their title shot. That's not a champion. That's a number one contender - and not even across the board, but a number one contender within one sanctioning body! You could feasibly be fourth or fifth best in the world, and still be an interim champion. Interim championships don't mean a whole lot. Guerrero referring to himself as a 'five-time world champion' is an insult to legitimate five-time world champions.

He's a two-time world champion; he won a title at super-feather and a title at featherweight. He didn't fight the best guy at either weight. In fact, I've got a feeling at least one of those wins was for a vacant belt.

This is a guy who was knocked down BY A JAB from a 40 year old Joel Casamayor THREE FIGHTS AGO, and who was "floored" by Michael Katsidis in his last fight (though the ref didn't call it; round 2; glove touched down on the canvas on a Katsidis left hook). He's not exactly setting the world alight. He's not someone who deserves a fight with Pacquiao or Mayweather. Not only has he never fought as a welterweight (though he is big), I think he's only ever had one fight at junior-welterweight (against Casa)! And I know a lot of people have forgotten, but Orlando Salido taxed his ass at 130lbs in 2006 before it was changed to a NC - coincidentally on a Mayweather UNDERCARD!

So to clarify, Guerrero expects to leapfrog one of the most talent-rich divisions in boxing (140: Khan, Bradley, Maidana, Peterson, Alexander, D. Garcia, Matthysse, Alvarado, Vargas, Holt, Soto) to land a fight with one of boxing's biggest stars (Mayweather/Pacquiao) off the basis of what...a decision win over Michael Katsidis (who has lost to Diaz, Casamayor, Burns, Marquez)? Hell no. Get the f uck out of here, Guerrero.

For the record, I think he's a very capable fighter, and he seems like a good kid apart from his incessant nagging. Strong, big, southpaw, good left hand, right hook. But he doesn't strike me as a special fighter in the realm of a Pacquiao, Mayweather, of an Andre Ward, Nonito Donaire, Chad Dawson. He gets hit easily, he's fast but not blazingly quick, and he has a pretty simple come-forward jab/throw left hand style. Easy work for someone as gifted/quick/smart as Mayweather. I also think Pacquiao would kill him, mow his ass down. In a way I'd welcome either fight to shut this guy up.

My advice to Guerrero: reschedule your fight with Maidana. That'll be a good indicator of whether you're remotely ready for the sport's biggest stars and best fighters. Alternatively, fight a top 140 lb'er or upcoming fighter (Danny Garcia, for example), fight Victor Ortiz, fight Marquez, fight Brandon Rios, fight Mike Jones. You don't just get a Cinco de Mayo fight with Floyd just because you're a frickin Mexican-American. That doesn't fly.
Excellent points made sir.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:42 AM
HAVISJ
Contender

Rep Power: 0 HAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these partsHAVISJ is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 4,187,518,973.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
I din't even bother to read that but Robert is an outstanding boxer. He would give Floyd a better fight than Ortiz but Floyd's on another level.
He wouldn't do any better than Ortiz. He would get stopped also.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Punching Diva
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Punching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these partsPunching Diva is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 37,865.56

Tim your a clown who doesn't know s h I t about boxing. Guerrero deserves a big fight more then anyone in boxing. He's got the size and skill to give Floyd problems. To say a blown up 130 pounder like floyd will knock him out your smoking crack. Just because he had a flash knock down by Casa doesn't mean he was hurt, more off balance then anything. Marquez avoided him for years so what's he supposed to do if no one wants to fight him. Tito trinidad was knocked down many times in career but always got up to finish the job. I guess if it were up to you..anyone who gets dropped should never fight again. Your a typical fan who don't know s h it. The insiders like emmanul steward know this is a great fight, that's why he had it a pick em fight.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 PM
TyrantT316
FloydMayweatherRULES

Rep Power: 24 TyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond reputeTyrantT316 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 334,597.36

Think of it like asking your boss for a raise or a promotion. Or building yourself up in your resume to get the job or position you really want that will pay more.

Boxing is their job. Part of that job is to sell themselves as formidable opposition for the big fights. To create hype. Talking is one of those ways. Ali did it. Why can't these guys.

There naturally will be certain fighters we like and dislike. And if a fighter tries to say he can be a fighter we like, we naturally get defensive. But this is their job. Saying nothing and having no confidence won't get you the big fights. And money comes by fighting the big fights. That's why they call this prize fighting. You don't fight for nothing. So why not make something while you can.